Paradox alarm with IP150 interface integration

So I decided to play around with NEware today to see if I could find anything useful. The best I can say is not yet. I tried running it through a proxy to record http traffic in hopes of getting some goodies. Turns out it’s not going to be that easy. It appears that the “software” port doesn’t use a standard http web request and thus I can’t record via the http proxy in jMeter. That doesn’t mean all hope is lost, just that it’s not going to be easy. But then again if it was there would probably already be something available.

One thing I did notice though is you can only ever have one connection to the ip module. Via software or web.

I’m working on trying to get access to the API under NDA. Even if we can’t reveal the API details under NDA we may be able to publish plugins or other tools.

I’m also going to stick a sniffer on the network to watch traffic to the IP160 on port 10000 and see if there’s anything of use in there, although I assume the traffic will be encrypted in some way.

It strikes me as bizarre that Paradox would not want to open up integration to their platform, DSC, ElkM1, etc. all have done.

I’m using the PRT3 right now, but it’s painful - serial is so “last season” and it’s fraught with bugs and poor documentation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry for the delay, I stopped getting notifications on this thread.

I don’t know jMeter, but could figure it out. I’m going to try some more wireshark analysis to try and figure out what might be happening on the other ports.

Sounds good. I’m not going to spend a significant amount of time with trying to determine the software api. If someone else figures it out I’ll re-write what I have. As far as I’m concerned what I have works well.

I’ve put my code up on [url=https://github.com/tracstarr/ParadoxAlarmControl]https://github.com/tracstarr/ParadoxAlarmControl[/url]. It’s not exactly finished, but works well for playing around with. You’ll see some of it’s been tailored for SmartThings but can be tweaked for your needs. There’s probably a way to make it more generic as well.

I can’t exactly help with vera integration, but my smartThings integration has worked. I currently have all my alarm open/close sensors and motion sensors connected and receiving updates as live events happen.

Now, like I said there is still lots to do around alarm states etc. I’ve mostly been concentrating on live device status. If you want to help I can gladly add you as editors of the repository.

Hi guys -

I’m grappling with the exact same issue here, so I was very happy to stumble across this thread. I want to control my Paradox from a Command Fusion HA system. I reached out to Paradox, who bumped me down to the local distributor, who referred me to my original installer… who as you can imagine, doesn’t have much of a clue about HA and what’s technically possibly.

I work in IT, but am not a programmer so I’m trying to understand the current state of affairs. If I understand correctly, the only currently understood method of controlling the Paradox IP module is through an intermediary service to which the HA platform must connect (via HTTP / REST API) - which tracstarr has kindly developed? Provided the HA platform can send HTTP commands to the web-service, it should be possible to achieve the desired control of the alarm?

tracstarr - you mentioned you had a compiled version of the console version you could make available? Not really knowing to compile the GitHub source code (embarrassing I know), I will reach out to via PM to see if you can make that available in the first instance.

My other potential issue is that I have the older IP100 module (not the IP150)… this could well cause an issue if it handles things differently. Guess we’ll have to see…

Good work guys.

Hi tracstarr -

Seems I’m unable to send you a PM (permissions error?). Could you do me a favour and send me a PM or email me on jamesfrost.it@gmail.com about how I can get access to the compiled version of the tool for testing?

Thanks, I really appreciate your help.

James

I’ve been relooking at the Wireshark PCAP I got, and it seems that it speaks on port 10000. It seemed like random strings, until I found this: http://harizanov.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/paradox_serial.png. I think the IP150 passes serial communication straight through to the panel. Kinda excited!

For the record heres an example.
It seems the iParadox app sends this to the panel:
aa 09 00 03 51 fb 01 0e 00 01
ee ee ee ee ee ee 33 3a e4 9d 94 82 6e 2e 82 6d
07 61 7c 24 1c 0f

And then the panel replies with this:
aa 69 00 01 53 fb 01 00 00 ee
ee ee ee ee ee ee 8f 13 23 27 5d 68 66 bd 1a c8
a9 53 0c c1 a8 72 5d e7 80 cb d9 9f 99 81 09 40
5d 8e 16 9e ed c3 50 7a ba 1e d0 3d c4 06 17 90
66 6f 37 35 ac d0 48 ba 34 cc ce 09 0c e6 9d 19
3f 9a be d8 3e 7b 02 2e 02 91 48 cf 86 43 97 9b
db f5 68 44 c5 2e 7a 93 4a a8 6c 05 c0 6b 1b 8c
27 85 d0 e6 05 fb d0 31 bc 8a a1 04 b7 33 c4 4d
86 94 0b 1c 4a fb

ohh, interesting find with that png. However, it does talk about that being on the serial port. But, maybe for simplicity they are treating the tcp (10000 by default) port as serial. That would prove interesting.

Yeah, well the IP150 connects on the serial port of my MG5050, and this guy monitored it with an oscilloscope and it seems to be a 37 byte protocol. (Interfacing with Paradox home security system attempt 2 – Martin's corner on the web)

I’m looking through my capture, and I can’t seem to find the zone labels that png mentions, at least not in plain ASCII, but I’m hopeful the IP150 just puts a pretty face on the serial communication. I’m going to have to do more monitoring.

Sooo, apparently Paradox are working on an SDK for the IP150. I just got a link to the beta test for it. (I’m going to need help, I think it is in C#.)

whaaaaa?! How did you get the link? Who was your contact there?

I got it from the local distributor. It is in Beta, so if one were to ask their local distributor, I’m sure they would oblige.

Hi
I’m interresting by your work: I want integrate my Paradox MG5050 on domotic system (JeeDOM).

• know when alarm is on surveillance to put NetAtmo on economy
  • use my GSM modem PAradox to send SMS from other system

• Thank’s for your informations

Hi!

I unzipped the iParadox app and I found a “dynamically linked library” named libpdxaes128ecb.so.
I think every network packet (whitch rtaxerxes captured) is encrypted by AES128ECB.
It is hard to decrypt it…

Did anyone get anywhere with this?

I’m trying to integrate it into something I’ve written so I can send SMS out (the alarm doesn’t have its own sms modem, but I do have one at home).

So I have actually been able to attach to the device and receive events…but what I don’t like it that takes an exclusive connection to the IP module - meaning I cant use the browser or iParadox.

So I wonder if we can’t somehow register as a receiver of events. Paradox has the IPRS7 software, but then I told the panel the ip of my “receiver” if never registered.

So I guess my question is, has anyone figured out a passive way of receiving events so that the normal connection methods are still available? I can try either via IPRS7, or connecting programatically.

Interesting find with that monitoring software. I didn’t notice that before. I tried myself and couldn’t connect. However, I suspect it’s because my firmware is older than the min. Perhaps yours is too?
Yes, it sucks that only one “thing” can be connected at a time, but there’s nothing you can do about that.

It would be interesting to see if anyone can get the IPRS7 software working with their alarm. It could provide a unique avenue - although would require a windows box to be up and running all the time.

So I did manage to get iprs7 installed and get my ip150 talking to it. Also I did manage to make my application as a receiver both received events.

What I didn’t like was if the program was shut down it would generate a lack of supervisor alert. I couldn’t find how to turn that off.

Also not knowing how to configure it, I wanted to add main area arm and disarm events…so I had some events to play with rather that wait for troubles.

any suggestions on what you did to connect? In all my tinkering I can’t seem to connect.

the iprs7?

I use babyware to figuring the ip150. There’s Reporting button on the main screen (or View, Reporting) then you set the GRRS/IP for receiver 1 to the IP address of the receiver (didn’t have to change the ports). Then Set an ip password (this has to be set up in iprs7 as well) .

That’s seemed to get them talking to me. But what I couldn’t figure out was the “what” events to send to the receiver. I wanted all arm/disarm and troubles. It seemed by default to just post troubles.

Hi all
I registered here just so i could assit you all. I have the link to the paradox SDK/API
If anyone is interested and can assist in creating something usefull for home auto then i will share the link with them