Pearl thermostat zigbee with scenes

Hi

I am new to Vera(not to home automation) and I am trying out the Vera plus with a couple of zigbee sensors. One issue I am noticing with the petal thermostat is when the scene triggers, it successfully changes the mode of the thermostat as expected but the temperature set point does not seem to change as per the action in the scene. I am setting the scenes via mobile app UI.

The scene does get triggered as another action like turning on a wall outlet works and thermostat mode change works too.

Any pointers or any one know of any other links where this may have been discussed?

Thanks in advance.

What’s the wake up interval on the thermostat? If it’s battery powered it may be a delay before it wakes up.

C

As Catman mentioned, the thermostat being a battery operated device is in sleep mode by default, and takes the command once in a while when it wakes up. You need to check the wake-up interval to know which one is it. But as a use case, you change the setpoint from the app, and you’ll see a spinning wheel until the thermostat wakes up and pick the command.

Thanks I will look at the wake up interval.

Another thing I noticed yesterday is either the thermostat or the Vera implementation does seem to have a way to allow setting the set point only e.i. If the thermostat is in the cool mode, I don’t see a way to set the set point for heating without first changing the mode to heat. With scene, it seems it set the set point and changes the mode in the same action which might be preventing it from setting the set point.

I will try to break out the two actions with first one just changing the mode and add another delayed action to change the set point in the same scene and see if that works.