Philips Hue Plugin

[quote=“intveltr, post:396, topic:173293”]I am seeing the same thing when I install the 1.5 version using the app store. The plugin works when I install the files manually (I downloaded the files from the Vera app store to make sure I am using the exact same ones).

The Vera log shows this:
02 05/15/15 3:24:05.191 ^[[33;1mJobHandler_LuaUPnP::FetchMissingFiles need to download D_HueLamp1.json^[[0m <0x2ac19000>
02 05/15/15 3:24:05.192 ^[[33;1mJobHandler_LuaUPnP::m_sMissingFile_set D_HueLamp1.json^[[0m <0x2ac19000>
01 05/15/15 3:24:05.241 ^[[31;1mDevice_LuaUPnP::LoadDeviceDoc can’t load /etc/cmh-lu//D_PhilipsHue1.xml^[[0m <0x2ac19000>
02 05/15/15 3:24:05.241 ^[[33;1mJobHandler_LuaUPnP::m_sMissingFile_set /etc/cmh-lu//D_PhilipsHue1.xml^[[0m <0x2ac19000>
01 05/15/15 3:24:05.242 ^[[31;1mJobHandler_LuaUPnP::CreateDevice_LuaUPnP failed to load 57/D_PhilipsHue1.xml so device 57 is offline^[[0m <0x2ac19000>
01 05/15/15 3:24:05.516 ^[[31;1mDevice_LuaUPnP::CreateServices Aborting device 57 because the topmost device has no interface^[[0m <0x2ac19000>
01 05/15/15 3:24:05.517 ^[[31;1mJobHandler_LuaUPnP::CreateAllServices failed to create 57^[[0m <0x2ac19000>

Looks like it isn’t getting one of the files from the app store. Anyone have a clue what could be causing this?

Meanwhile, you can install manually using the files from Github: GitHub - intveltr/vera-hue-plugin: Plugin for Vera home automation hubs, adds support for Philips Hue lights
Then create a device and specify D_PhilipsHue1.xml for the uPnP device file name.[/quote]

Thanks for these updated JSON and XML files, this resolved a Broken Hue Bridge Link for me after upgrading from VeraLite to VeraPlus on UI7

Hi guys

Anyone working on adding integration for a hue tap? If so, this would be amazing!

Thanks
Tony

The Philips tap switch can be set to trigger vera scenes easily. My bedroom Philips tap switch controls my sonos. ON OFF VOL+ VOL-
The cost of that tap switch is really cheap, you have 4 buttons and no batteries to change, ever. Here’s what I did…
I added 2 new low cost white hue bulb with my hue software. I’ve called them dummypower and dummyvolume. Just after setting it up, I put them back in it’s boxes, because they served their purpose. Even if they are are disconnected, they are still listed and can be controled on the hue and vera interface.
So I assigned one tap button to turn on dummypower, and another button to turn off dummypower and I did the same for dummyvolume.
Then, in vera I created a scene that is triggered when dummypower is turned on and another when it is turned off. And did the same for dummyvolume. In my setup, thoses scenes turn on and off my sonos and control the volume.
The only drawback is the latency, expect scenes to have a 3 - 6 seconds delay before their completion.
Maybe there a easier way to create virtual(phantom) hue devices, but I had 2 useless bulbs begging me to lend their name for a good cause.

Hi all,

Can anyone lend any guidance on updating the Philips Hue .xml files to include additional bulb models? Currently, I have a few GU10 White and Colour Ambience bulbs which have the correct bulb icon in Vera but I also have some GU10 White Ambience bulbs and a E27 Richer Colours White and Colour Ambience bulb, both of which are showing a generic Z-Wave device icon.

I am presuming this is simply because the model ID for the newer types of bulb aren’t in the code right now but the Hue plugin has a lot of files and is quite complex so if anyone knows exactly what needs updating and where, that would be great. The Model IDs in question are LTW013 for the GU10 White Ambience and LCT010 for the Richer Colours White and Colour Ambience.

[quote=“arvco, post:463, topic:173293”]The Philips tap switch can be set to trigger vera scenes easily. My bedroom Philips tap switch controls my sonos. ON OFF VOL+ VOL-
The cost of that tap switch is really cheap, you have 4 buttons and no batteries to change, ever. Here’s what I did…
I added 2 new low cost white hue bulb with my hue software. I’ve called them dummypower and dummyvolume. Just after setting it up, I put them back in it’s boxes, because they served their purpose. Even if they are are disconnected, they are still listed and can be controled on the hue and vera interface.
So I assigned one tap button to turn on dummypower, and another button to turn off dummypower and I did the same for dummyvolume.
Then, in vera I created a scene that is triggered when dummypower is turned on and another when it is turned off. And did the same for dummyvolume. In my setup, thoses scenes turn on and off my sonos and control the volume.
The only drawback is the latency, expect scenes to have a 3 - 6 seconds delay before their completion.
Maybe there a easier way to create virtual(phantom) hue devices, but I had 2 useless bulbs begging me to lend their name for a good cause.[/quote]

Thanks - this approach had crossed my mind, but was wondering if there was a way of using the tap directly without any additional purchases. But I guess for now, we can use this approach.

Thanks for the feedback!

Tony

[quote=“richardjgreen, post:464, topic:173293”]Hi all,

Can anyone lend any guidance on updating the Philips Hue .xml files to include additional bulb models? Currently, I have a few GU10 White and Colour Ambience bulbs which have the correct bulb icon in Vera but I also have some GU10 White Ambience bulbs and a E27 Richer Colours White and Colour Ambience bulb, both of which are showing a generic Z-Wave device icon.

I am presuming this is simply because the model ID for the newer types of bulb aren’t in the code right now but the Hue plugin has a lot of files and is quite complex so if anyone knows exactly what needs updating and where, that would be great. The Model IDs in question are LTW013 for the GU10 White Ambience and LCT010 for the Richer Colours White and Colour Ambience.[/quote]

Same here. Just added some LWB014 which are not recognized. They are just new versions of the LWB006.

Under Advanced, on the Variables tab I changed the value to the older BulbID and the icons work now instead of being Generic. Ideally I’d like to have the correct ID used.

[quote=“berd, post:452, topic:173293”]Hello I have the v2 of the plugin, the new Hue Hub and a Vera Lite with UI7: everything works properly, but every X hours the plugin changes the IP address of the Hue Hub and the Vera fails to detect it (“Connection with the Bridge could not be established! Check IP or the wired connection!”)
I’ve assigned a static IP address to Hue but every time I need to access the plugin and manually change the IP address.
Anyone with the same problem? or a solution?[/quote]

Hi everyone, I’m Ciprian one of the beards and wheels behind the new Connected Objects team! I have a fix that can aid those with bridges with IP’s that keep on changing! The fix is unreleased and is currently under review (to make sure my fix won’t break other things) by toddbt (another CO dev with a cooler beard) and will be soon released on the store!

Let’s talk about the fix:

In short it works like this: The new plugin version will acquire the MAC address of the Philips Hue Bridge and remember it (it will appear in your User Data). When the IP of the bridge changes and the plugin loses connection it will read your ARP list and check for an IP assigned to that MAC Address and auto-magically connects to it!

Caveats:

In order for this work I had to canibalize and alter the previous Philips Hue 2 code regarding connections. There might be a few problems when upgrading from the previous version to this one so I recommend COMPLETELY DELETING the previous version of the plugin and purging it from your User Data.

Setting it up:
There is no new RELEASE Published but you can install it by manually accessing the following link:

vera_ip_address:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=8162&Version=32966

After that perform the initial Bridge Paring process. Once pairing is complete the plugin will store the bridge’s MAC Address in the user data! For some extra fun points change your bridge’s IP address from the router and wait eighter for a Luup Reload or until the plugin notices it’s not in kansas anymore. Enjoy!

Disclaimer:
Note that using it disables further auto updates for this specific plugin. When we come back with the official fix you’ll need to uninstall and reinstall the plugin to have it automatically update in the future!

It’s really not practical to delete the previous version and all the devices it created to run this upgrade. I hope you will find a way not to have to do this because the new installation will create all new devices with new numbers. People with a lot of automation already setup in the scenes will have to redo everything. If only Vera allowed us to go back and reassign device numbers for deleted devices, it would not be so bad, but this is not the case.

As for the original problem can easily be addressed at the router by recording a DHCP reservation for the Hue hub so its ip address never changes…

I tried deleting the old plugin and installing the one in the link above, but I cannot get it to connect to my philips hue hub. Any suggestions?
If possible, please write a step-by-step guide. Running latest vera beta

Is there any file that I can edit to enter the IP to the Hue and also manually enter the API key, as when I try to connect the Hue it gives me an error message that it can’t find the Hue, even if I enter the up manually. I Know I’m entering the right IP.

Does my problem have to do with, that it almost always say “Hue2 Plugin : Starting up…” In a blue bar at the top of the page.
Anyone knows why?

Hello !
Do you know when the official plugin will be corrected ? I also have the IP adress of my hue bridge that can’t help from changing is setting, but I don’t wan’t to delete my hue devices.
As it happens nearly twice a day, an official fix would be greatly appreciated :wink:

Sylvain

Why not just set a IP reservation in the DHCP server so Hue bridge gets the same IP every time. I have reservations set Vera, Hue, EcoBee, Harmony Hub and a bunch of other devices so I always know what IP they get.

Tech Support suggested I try this plug in. I can never get passed: “Continuing with actual configuration…” on the Link Status.

Hi.
I have the same problem.
Using DHCP reservation will not help. My bridge have the ip address 192.168.0.143 reserved but every hour or so the ip address in my VeraPlus will change the ip address for the bridge to 102.168.0.100.
That is my IP for my computer.

Another thing. There is a list of bridge ip addresses on the page and it seems that list contains all units with an ip address in the network.

Best regards,
Jens

I had a similar issue. Support removed the wrong ip associated with the bridge and it’s been fine ever since.

Hi.
I manage to make a work around earlier today and so far it works.
I discovered that every time the ip changed it changed to the same address 192.168.0.100 that was used by my pc.
So I changed the ip address for my pc to 192.168.0.101 (It might be the lowest ip it choose) and then made my Hue bridge change it ip address from DHCP to the static ip address 192.168.0.100.

Now it seems to work and have done for 5 hours or so.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Jens

Well, there is an IP reservation : my hue bridge 's ip address doesn’t change as it is fixed - but the [glow=red,2,300]setting[/glow] in the plugin keep changing for another ip address twice a day ;D

sylvain

As I wrote about in my last post.

The question is not whatever it changes, it will. The question is whatever it changes to the same ip address every time. If it does you can reserve that IP address for your bridge and that way, get around the problem.

In my case it has worked for 18 hours or so and still counting.

Best regards,
Jens