Philips Hue Plugin

New version!

• Auto-discovers your Hue. If you had the Hue plugin installed already, remove the IP address after upgrading the files. This ensures that the plugin captures the hub’s UUID along with the IP, and tracks it if the IP address changes.
  • Convenience buttons in the lamp color devices (in the control tab) for changing color temperature, hue, and saturation.
  • Doesn’t spam your log file unless you set debug=1 in the variables
  • Polls the Hue hub every 60 secs (configurable) if you have polling enabled on your Vera. If you make changes using the Philips smartphone app, Vera will be updated accordingly after a poll

The “store brightness” checkbox doesn’t work… for the life of me I can’t figure out how to read its value.

Very cool. Installed easily - will test when I’m back home later today. Nice feature for sure… anything to not have to use the Hue app :wink:

Very cool, the temperature and color controls work great. Thanks!

I figured out the last bug that I’m experiencing now. If you click “off” on an already off light, it will turn on to about 20%. This is with all my Philips.

Thoughts?

Fixed :slight_smile: (Sending a dim value to a lamp that is already off results in an error, so will only send on=false when dim level = 0)

This fix didn’t seem to work for me :frowning:

Weird how the light’s percentage when on isn’t represented by the slider. Is this a polling feature?

-Mateo

The slider should (and on my system does) follow the light level, whether it is set from the +/- buttons in the Vera UI, from a smartphone app, or from the Philips Hue app (after a poll takes place).

What are the steps to reproduce these problems? (Slider value, and light going to 20% when clicking Off if it’s already off)

It was a scene that brought my attention to this. The scene told one of the philips lights to turn off if it was on. It was off to begin with but turned itself on to about 20%. The slider never showed the light was on (I don’t think it ever has for this situation).
I recreated this event by simply selecting the “Off” button in the device using the web interface. Each time I click the off button the light alternates from on to off.
Of note, the device needs about 5 seconds between "Off’ clicks before responding, so “Off” turns it on. 5 seconds later I click “Off” and it turns off. Wait 5 seconds then click “Off”, light turns back on.

Hope this helps. LMK if I can provide additional detail.

Strange, I can’t reproduce this at all: if I press Off on a lamp that is already off, it stays off. Are you sure you loaded all the latest files + the patch I posted earlier today? Also, what firmware are you on?

Yup - loaded the files and did the Luup restart :frowning:

I’m trying to reproduce this on 1.5.401 and 1.5.408:

• Slide level to 50%
  • Click Off
  • Wait 10 secs
  • Click Off again: the light stays off.

Yup - on my system it will turn back on if I follow your direction exactly.
Any way to purge the old files and start over?

Yup - it looks like I have 2 l_PhilipsHue 1 files loaded. One is labeled l_PhilipsHue1-1.xml.
I’m guessing this is the problem(?). How does one remove a file?

Sounds like the new file didn’t upload correctly. Just try again. If that fails, see http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=6486.0

Perfect. Re-downloaded and installed. Problem fixed! :slight_smile:

Hi,
This looks like it will be a good combination with the Vera 3.

One question: I presume the versions of the files we now want are the Desktop.zip files and then the revised I_PhilipsHue1.xml file? (And all 8 files, not 5 as on the first page?)

Just want to make sure that I’m getting the right files.

Thanks for putting this together, can’t wait to try it!

Yes, get the 8 files from the latest zip and replace the I_ file with the one I posted later

Just did it - seems to be working nicely so far. All 21 bulbs made it in. :wink:
Thanks!

21 heh… Got your Xmas decorations up early :slight_smile:

I actually got them the day they came out to mess around with - I like them for the most part. Having them controlled via Vera now is quite nice, so again, it is great you put this together, thanks!

Now I just need to make a red and green scene on the Vera. :slight_smile: Make them twinkle ;D

@intveltr may I suggest updating the 1st post in the thread to contain the latest files for the plugin, it’s becoming more difficult to locate the latest versions of the files :slight_smile: