Philips Hue Plugin

BAckup restore nok.
Uninstall reinstall nok.

It’s very strange

I tried setting up a scene that activate when my hue bulb turns on. The scene does not seem to activate if I turn the bulb on via the hue app on my phone. The scene only runs if I turn the light on from Vera. Any ideas?

For me, my hue lights stop receiving commands (on/off) from my veraedge. However, if I turn on/off lights from hue app, the system will update its status. Anyone experience the same problem with the firmware 7.0.12?

I am on 7.0.12 and all of my hue lights work fine. I do control them using scenes.

I found out that my veralite can control my hue lights without any problems. The problem is with the edge.

Is there a way to invoke hue scenes (the ones stored and executed on the Hue hub) from Vera? I have morning and sleep scenes in the Hue hub that gradually fade from blue to white and from yellow to red. Using this plugin plugin and the presets feature, it doesn’t seem possible to recreate a smooth color transition.

Have you stopped working on the plugins pending Vera eventually finishing their plugin? I’m trying to decide whether to add more features to your plugin and if you would take pull requests.

I have stopped working on the plugin, having some other priorities now. From what I can see, the plugin by Vera works ok, and HomeWave now supports their plugin as well. The only problem is that their plugin does’t work on UI5 (which is what I use), so I’ve continued to use my own plugin for daily use.

However, I’m happy to look into serious bugs. Also if anyone wishes to have a stab at adding features, I’d be happy to accept pull requests and roll the changes into the version on the app store.

Is there somewhere i can download 1.5 version of this app. I think I have a bug in 1.7 on UI5. I may get one light to change in a scene that controls 3 or 4. Everything works that doesn’t go through vera.

Does anyone know how to trigger the color-cycle program of the LivingColors Iris from either the HUE plugin or via LUUP calls?..

Just stumbled across this thread from a Reddit post, i keep getting cannot detect device on my controller between the ‘hue 2’ app. I had already made a separate post here:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36608.0.html

Would be grateful for any support as to how i can get this working more reliably as its stopping my lights coming on using my motion sensors. Latest version of UI7 and Version 0.92 of Philips Hue 2

Anyone get this work with a second gen hub and UI5? I cant get it to link.

I want to say a recent update in preparation for the Hue v2 broke NEW connections between the hub and the Vera. Something to do with authentication… I doubt this helps.

Thanks, yes I guess that may be the problem. I’m wondering if there is a way round this since I’ve managed to create a user and a key via the API, and I’m wondering if I can use this in the plugin?

Yes, I don’t know the real answer, because mine quit working, then it started again. It may not even be related to your issue. Definitely strange.

I think I just read that the new protocol forces HTTPS (This is a problem for low powered devices like PIs and Arduinos) so you may be running up against that. It would be so awesome if The Damned Companies ™ would let you know before they make changes and the impact those changes will have. I am sure the Hub just automatically updates, and I don’t recall having any control over that. So it’s The Damned Companies ™ saying “Screw you. Not only are we going to charge you twice the cost for doing the same thing, we are going to break the things you’ve paid for without telling you, whether you like it or not.”

I’m personally looking to dump the entire HUE setup, and I’ll definitely throw it all away instead of sell it to someone else.

In case anyone needs to get HUE working in some fashion on UI5, I worked out how to control them from a Scene pretty much. It takes a bit of work, but I can at least now select some presets from a scene controller, or time them on and off etc.

It uses the os.execute and curl which has some risks, but it works for now. I can post some details if anyone needs to do the same, but it takes some work with the hue API tools to work out the values required.

whats the delay using os.execute? I know its like 3 seconds before it executes an applescript on a mac. That would totally be a buzzkill as most of my lights are motion activated hues.

Seems pretty instant.

In that case can you post some an example. Appreciate the contributions!