Philips Hue Plugin

I am just wondering whether there has been any progress in triggering other actions with Philips Hue Tap commands?

Otherwise, outside of Vera, is there possibly a way to “intercept” the zigbee commands and then somehow (Raspberry Pi?) convert them into a suitable format to be used in Vera?

Many thanks…

EDIT: Since my initial post I have discovered an Android app: “Hue Config Viewer”
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.life4hue.hueconfigviewer That gives quite detailed real time information about what states the system is in… From globes to tap switch presses, system identifiers etc. To the point that it recognises when the tap is pressed! Surely this signal / information could be captured / manipulated and utilised elsewhere?

Hello,

From last month IKEA open the zigbee standard for their cheap lights connecting to philips hue bridge.
For this procedure you need to buy an IKEA tradfri bulb but also the IKEA bridge and remote for updating the bulb’s firmware to the latest.
Only the latest firmware for bulbs works with Philips Hue, and you have to connect it in some odd way. (not the standard way) How to control IKEA Tradfri Smart Lighting with Philips Hue! - YouTube (some info here)
I manage to connect IKEA tradfri bulb to Philips Hue and it works properly but I can’t add it to my vera controller.
I tried to uninstall Hue plugin and reinstall it with no luck.
I mention that the bulb it is working in all third party applications (for controlling philips hue) and integrations (ifttt or amazon alexa and can be controlled)

If you have any suggestions it would be great.

I am experiencing the same problems with tradfri bulbs. Would be awesome if it was possible to fix.

As a workaround … you can trigger scenes that include the new lights using the Philips Hue Plugin in Vera UI7.
The lights are visible in Scene editor in Vera, but not as dimmable switches as the rest of Hue bulbs.
Maybe someone has a solution.

Could it be a category/subcategory issue?
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories

Remember to Vera when changing categories. A LUUP restart typically does not work.

Thanks for the tip, but how would I find out if that is the case? How do I test?

You edit the device. I do not have that device but here is an example:

The problem is I have no device to edit… I guess the Hue plugin filters out the IKEA devices from Hue hub or something.

I think it is a Vera plugin problem because other third-party philips hue app does work with IKEA lights.
The conclusion is Philips allows third party bulbs to be seen by third-party applications “Hue Essentials” for Android so no limitation here.
The problem remains only to the Vera Plugin.

I agree. Is there a way of asking for an update for the Vera Hue plugin with this problem fixed?

I have the same issue with Ikea Tradfri(via HUE) not showing up in the vera gui. Not as a device nor in the scene editor.

BUT(!) The light is showing up in the Hue plugin. Devices → Philips Hue Plugin → Advanced → Variables → BridgeLights → 8,Ikea test (my testlight)

Not sure if it is the plugin or the vera gui that needs to be fixed

You’re right! There it is… I’ll mail Vera support.

I have now connected 3 Ikea Tr?dfri lamps and as you say they don?t show up as devices in vera, but I can control them in vera by making scenes which again run hue scenes. Not a perfect solution but it work pretty well.

I’m interested. I was going to give your os.execute commands a try to see if those work.

Hey guys,

great plugin - but I got 2 questions/issues.

1. I got a lot of bulbs. About 25, and will get more soon. This plugin makes my vera “dirty” with creating a light device for each bulb, not each room and I control them via scenes anyways. Is is possible for this plugin NOT to show each bulb as a device in Vera? So - work exaclty as it is today, but without the bulbs showing up separately. Would be nice to show rooms instead of bulbs, but neither is also good.

2. Creating a scene in this plugin - very cool that I can create a cross-room-scene! But, every time I choose a color, the bulbs show a very different color. the Color picker is off. Since the picker doesn’t allow to enter values or even show them it is very hard to select the right colors for the scene.
    Is there a way to create/edit a scene and control the colors better?
    Also regarding this: where is this special scene stored, in the hue hub, or in Vera? I can’t see it in the vendor’s hue app.

One thing that is missing and I am using IFTTT to do, is continuously cycle colors. I use this during the holiday season to keep my lights changing colors. That would be nice to have, unless there is a luua script that I can run to create this functionality that I am not aware off?

Thanks, great job overall!

u can hide the device in your start up luup code …

Apps > Develop apps > Edit start up luup

luup.attr_set(“invisible”,“1”,111)
luup.attr_set(“invisible”,“1”,112)
luup.attr_set(“invisible”,“1”,2)
luup.attr_set(“invisible”,“1”,54)
luup.attr_set(“invisible”,“1”,202)
luup.attr_set(“invisible”,“1”,Device#)