please lose the annoying notification

My Vera is isolated to my LAN. Every time I open its webserver in a browser, I’m reminded that I have no internet access. Thanks for the multiple daily news-flashes, but I’m fully aware that I do not have the system hooked up to the web. I do not need a reminder and an extra mouse-click every time I want to turn on or off a light. K thanx.

0 Likes

I agree. Is there a way to prevent this? I have a client who lives in a distant rural area, and their internet is extremely unreliable. I’d prefer if this annoyance would not get in the way, as his LAN works perfectly well, and he does not need remote access to his automation system.

0 Likes

The Ui isn’t really for control any way. It’s best used as a configuration utility only. My advice is to find a control UI which suits your needs.

0 Likes

Do you have an suggestions? I found Mac app that looks great, but costs $195 and is not available for windows. There are many apps listed for Android devices. Which seems to be most popular, best quality?

Thanks

0 Likes

For Android I personally use Automation because it supports all of my devices and the developer is really on top of things. There is also Imperihome for Android which is prettier and more configurable. Sadly there are no good Windows tools.

0 Likes

Do you have an suggestions? I found a Mac app that looks great, but costs $195 and is not available for windows. There are many apps listed for Android devices. Which seems to be most popular, best quality? I have loaded AutHomationHD on my Nexus 7 and will give it a try.

Thanks

0 Likes

For Windows 8 or Windows Phone, Grasshopper is the best Remote.

Sadly it is an App, so it won’t run on Win7 or previous.

0 Likes