PLEG Example - Detect Door Left Open with Repeated Notifications

Sorry RTS for such a basic question. I can’t seem to find out how to generate this STATUS report. I’ve searched this forum up and down and I would be so embarrassed if it was buried in a sticky some where.

I’m running UI5 and an old PLEG ver 2.8. I’ve left “auto update” off as I understand that the current 8.xx ver does not work with UI5.

Can someone point me to a link? Thanks!

See attached picture.

This is what I see for my PLEG. Looks like my older ver 2.8 does not have these additional reporting options. Is there a way to upgrade to ver 7.xx without going to ver 8.xx so I can continue to use UI5?

Will the instructions below allow me to update to Ver 7.47 so that I can keep UI5?

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,14446.0.html

Plugin Name Plugin # Version #
PLEG 3066 28004
PLTS 3018 28001
PLC 3086 27991

Yes that should provided the latest UI5 version.

But do a backup of your Vera before you do the upgrade so you can recover if anything goes wrong.

Thank you @RichardTSchaefer!!

Updating the PLC and PLEG to ver 7.47 did the trick. I unchecked “auto update” and will continue to use UI5.

The “Garage Door Left Open with Repeated Notifications PLEG” now works like it should…firing the notification only after the garage door is open for a certain time period and repeating the notification after a certain time period until it is closed.

I must have messed up something when I was on ver 2.8 because this specific PLEG was running fine for the past 3+ years. Anyway, thanks again for your help. I’ll know to send a STATUS report when I’m having any troubles in the future.

I have tried using the example here to create a PLEG that between the hours of 9pm and 6am, when the back door is closed and unlocked for more than 5 minutes, the door will automatically relock. The door will lock at 9pm if it is closed. If you try to open it using vera or the app, the lock will open and then instantly relock. If you manually unlock the door, it will not relock. I have attached a PDF of the status output. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Travis

I had issues with a schedule spanning days. I went with the opposite (sUnlock_Hours) to ensure PLEG would not be confused.

Thanks for the suggestion. That seems to have done the trick. I switched the start/stop times and used the (!) expression. Any idea why it has to be done this way?

I think it is because the logic crossed days. 21:00 to 06:00 would not make sense (negative time), and since you control days, it must be limited from 0:00 to 24:00.

So, I thought everything was working and I duplicated the triggers, the conditions and actions for two other doors. I now have a front door, a garage door and a back door. All three doors will lock at 9 pm. The garage door and the front door will not re-lock if opened after 9 pm. The back door will re-lock as soon as it is opened. I have attached the logic report in PDF. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey all, sorry bit of a noob with VERA and PLEG but I am really struggling with trying to setup my vera plus to send me a notification if the garage door has been left open for xx mins.

My problem is that I believe that I have setup PLEG exactly as per RichardTSchaefer original post but once setup I get an error message at the top of the VERA home page that says “Garage Door Open[9] : LeftOpenRepeat = DoorLeftOpen AND ((LeftOpenRepeat; DoorOpen) OR (LeftOpenRepeat; NOW > 5:00)): Invalid Expression Operator: = in:LeftOpenRepeat = DoorLeftOpen AND TMP_4” and I have no idea what that actually means! PLEG does look quite a bit different to the example images that Richard created 5 years ago so I can’t be certain that it’s configured exactly as it should be, but it does appear to be correct.

I’m wondering what has changed with VERA and PLEG since this post was originally created and if that might be why the PLEG doesn’t work for me?

I’m also wondering if it is possible now to setup delayed notifications without using PLEG? I can set a simple notification through Scenes but this only seems to send the notification immediately even when there is a 20 min delay set, unless there is a different way to set this up?

I’m sure I’m not alone in trying to configure a door left open notification, would it be possible to create an updated guide on how to do this with the latest versions of VERA and PLEG if this is still the best way to do it?

I have also attached a few screenshots if anybody notices why it’s not working?

Thanks in advance!

I may be stupid, but where can i find settings for Notifications? I have done the triggers and COnditions, but i cannot find where to set up notifications? Is another plugin/app a must have for that?

Regards, Jonas

If you come out of the editing interface, and then in the device, Notifications in is the green banner at the top.

Does that help?

C

Thanks Catman. I’m also new to PLEG and your pointer helped (& it worked). I was following existing documentations and going down the path of using Vera Alerts plug-in (on Vera Edge UI7) but could not get it to work. The plug-in also appears to crashed my Vera Edge few times.

A question: In the Notification UI, when adding a notification per “A Condition is satisfied” and on the line asking “Condition name:”, can I enter a logical expression (like one would do inside PLEG)?

Regards,
A

[quote=“Catman, post:60, topic:174490”]If you come out of the editing interface, and then in the device, Notifications in is the green banner at the top.

Does that help?

C[/quote]

Awsome, thanx!

[quote=“vpnman1, post:61, topic:174490”]Thanks Catman. I’m also new to PLEG and your pointer helped (& it worked). I was following existing documentations and going down the path of using Vera Alerts plug-in (on Vera Edge UI7) but could not get it to work. The plug-in also appears to crashed my Vera Edge few times.

A question: In the Notification UI, when adding a notification per “A Condition is satisfied” and on the line asking “Condition name:”, can I enter a logical expression (like one would do inside PLEG)?

Regards,
A[/quote]

I really doubt it. I think you need to use the condition names in the PLEG device. But (as a bit of a giveaway) I can’t actually get PLEG to do what I want. I’ve had to use a multiswitch, and I throw the notification from that :frowning:

C

This is a great example and I have it working for a couple of my doors. However, now I have integrated my Vista alarm system with Vera and I would like to do this for all my doors (10 of them). Is there any way to use arrays or Lua language or such so I don’t have to create separate conditions (DoorLeftOpen and LeftOpenRepeat) and resulting notification separately for each door? Each door is in a separate zone that gets tripped when door opens.

I know this is an old post, but in it you wrote “the attached pictures”. Where are these? Did the new forum screw this up? I really want to get this up and running on my device. Thank you!

Might be on old forum http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=13874.0
You will need to login to see the screenshots