PLEG Example - Detect Door Left Open with Repeated Notifications

Post the output of the Status command.

I get a notification (one) but never consistent times after the GD has been left open. Could be my cell carrier, isp,etc… but Im not receiving the 2ndary notification after leaving the door open longer than 10 mins

I suggest you do a status every 30 seconds … after opening the garage door and monitor the status of the conditions.

Review the beginning of the thread that describes the behavior.
It looks like you have closed the door after 5 minutes and before 10 minutes.

The status shows that you closed the door and re-opened it 8 minutes later (i.e. between the first alert and the second alert.)

I use this pleg extensively for doors where I get notified of opening the door and when it is left open for n minutes.
But how would I modify the condition if I want to get a continuous notification of the first trigger? For example I have some leak sensors and I want the first condition to be true and be notified every 1 minute until the condition is false

EDIT:
I have the following 2 conditions but I’m sure one condition would suffice:

LaundryLeak	No	Laundry_Leak AND (Laundry_Leak; NOW > 1:00)
LaundryLeakRepeat	No	LaundryLeak AND ((LaundryLeakRepeat; Laundry_Leak) OR (LaundryLeakRepeat; NOW > 1:00))

If you set Repeat to Yes for the Condition LaundryLeak, it should fire every minute when Laundry_Leak is true.

Sorry for bringing up an old post. I found this PLEG example very helpful. I got everything working but I am not getting the notifications. I can see where the conditions become true but no notifications.

I attached pics

I checked the code and my logs …

This looks like a Vera Problem … which is consistent with others that are using Vera Alerts indicating a problem.
Are your notifications delivered via Vera (standard notifications) or Vera Alerts ?

VeraAlerts

Is there anything you would like for me to provide to help figure out the issue?

See:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,38647.msg289243.html#msg289243

@RTS

I got the notifications to work using pleg to fire a scene.

For testing purposes, I changed the delay time on both conditions from 5 to 1 min. When I open the door, I get a notification 1 min later but my repeat notification is every 2 minutes. It seems like it is waiting the original min and second min. I assume that when the door is left open, it will notify me every minute.

What can I check?

boB

Post the STATUS report as a PDF.

Here ya go

Just wondering if you were able to open the PDF?

When you use (xx;NOW > 1:00) in a sequence expression this will be true anywhere from 1-2 minutes after xx becomes true.

Just wanted to verify, do I enable the Repeats option for both conditions?

Hi,

I am looking for a Pleg script that will sent me an alert if any of my 3 garage doors are open at 9pm (note not openED at 9pm).

Basically, at 9pm I’d like an alert to tell me if any have been left open so I can go and close them

Anyone able to help please ?

Thanks !

That is a pretty simple script.

input Schedule, name Schedule, with an On Daily at the specified time, off after interval of one minute.

Input Triggers for Door1, Door2, … DoorN opened.

A single condition
Notify Schedule and (Door1 or Door2 or … DoorN)

You can either put a Notification on the PLEG device for when it satisfies condition Notify, or add an action to Notify to send a push notification using your favorite plugin.

@RTS

I am a newbie and this is my first PLEG. Trying to make real serious use of the Vera. I have few questions. Sorry, if they are stupid questions as I would like to know and make more use of Vera’s capabilities.

Status Report is attached.

1. One of the condition has a null value even though it has clocked true / false timings. What that means ? Should I be bothered about it.

2. The PLEG obviously tries to achieve 2 things. Control a light and send notification for a door kept open. I would eventually add a few (three or more) door open notifications to the module. a) Is it considered as one or more for licensing purposes. b) Should I be using more than one PLEG for this. I would eventually use one of the door conditions to trigger the light.

3. Is the logic correct or needs any change?

Sorry to ask for your valuable time.

Regards,

sre

Sequence expressions MUST be in parenthesis when combined with other logic.