PLEG with UI7: can't Edit most items in Inputs, Conditions, Actions

I have had PLEG for a long time, which I originally set up using UI5. When I switched over to UI7, I confirmed that everything functioned normally and I didn’t really delve back into any PLEG programming.

Now I am trying to do some PLEG reprogramming, and the User Interface is really screwy and non-functional for me. I can Edit very little, and nothing successfully. For example, If I go into a previously created PLEG device, then “Actions”: I see the table showing: “Conditions”, “# of Actions”, “Actions”. If I click on one of my “Conditions”, nothing happens. If I click on “Edit” under “Actions”, in Chrome this results in the “Edit” box being highlighted (See uploaded pic)

but nothing meaningful happens. The same thing happens if I go under “Inputs”>“Triggers”, I can see the table but clicking on an “Input” or clicking on “Edit” does nothing. However, if I go under the “Schedules” tab of “Inputs”, then when I click “Edit”, it does bring up a new screen where I am allowed to edit values, but even this does not work properly. If I click on a Day of the Week which was previously selected, then all of my previously selected days of the week are deselected and nothing happens when I try to re-select them again.

I have tried reloading my browswer.
I have tried “Reload Engine”.
I have tried rebooting the Vera.

I suspect I am missing something very basic, since this catastrophic failure of the PLEG programming would surely have been previously reported and I could not find anything helpful. (I found the following which seemed relevant but did not solve my problem: Conditions not showing, Action Edit not working after UI5 > Ui7 (1.7.730) - Program Logic (PLEG) - Ezlo Community, although admittedly I am on a new MacBookPro which has no F5 key, so I just used the “refresh” icon on the browser.)

Thank you for any help.
Jim

MacBookPro (10.13.6)
Vera Edge-UI7 {now on 1.7.4832 (7.30)}
PLEG 7.47
Safari 12.1
Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Command + SHIFT + R is a better refresh than the refresh icon. Give that a shot. It often solves many problems in the UI.

Something ain’t right. The PLEG interface has not changed in years. I am running 8.11:

I tried Command+Shift+R which refreshed everything, but did not change/fix my problem…

Agree, something’s screwy but I can’t figure it out.

When you say the “PLEG interface”, I am assuming that you access this in the Vera UI by going clicking on “settings” for the device which takes you to the following screen:

If not, how do you access the PLEG interface?
thanks

I select edit:

Something is definitely not right.
The UI should be as phillid2 posted.

Hi,

You access the Pleg menu (as showed by phillid2) via the Pleg device which is created when Pleg is install.

Vezinpi

Yes, as you can see from my screenshot, I do not have an option to Edit in the PLEG interface. I only have the “Back” option. I thought maybe the problem was that my PLEG device was created in UI5 and then I upgraded to UI7…

But when I create new PLEG device in UI7, the interface looks exactly like my original device, i.e. only a “Back” option in the Green Bar at the top… (My interface also doesn’t show me the “Arm” / “Bypass” options either, but I can access those in a different way…)

Jim

Create a new PLEG and see what happens.
You mentioned that you created his initially in UI5 and then updated to UI7, that may have something to do with it as the PLEG UI in 5 & 7 are different but are nothing like your screen shot.

I tried create\ing a new PLEG (as I said in my last post), but it is no different.

Also I just noticed the following bizarre behavior: I have two other Vera Edge controllers with PLEG installed, and their user interfaces behave correctly and exactly as they should.

Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling the PLEG or LogicCore on the misbehaving device? (If so, is that process just like it sounds or is it a complex thing to do?)

thanks,
jim

Try the core first, it’s most likely the suspect.

Just to close the loop here…

I uninstalled and reinstalled PLEG and PLC, and it works as expected now… (Before doing that, I tried upgrading both of these, but that had no effect… Had to uninstall/reinstall…)