Plugin: AutoVirtualThermostat (AVT)

Sounds odd, but with only one person reporting such a behavior since the last update, I’m inclined to first look at external stimuli. If it happens again, get a screen grab of the dashboard card, but in the meanwhile, are you sure something else isn’t interfering? An old scene? Some Reactor logic you were experimenting with but forgot to remove/disable?

It might also be helpful to know what version of AVT you are running (shown in the Settings tab footer).

Looks like I had a double up in actions which once removed the device functions as expected.

1 Like

I have installed Netatmo as a device in Vera and when attempting to add them as temperature sensor they are not listed. Might it be possible to add these device types so they can be selected in virtual thermostat please?

Take the Netatmo plugin from the store …

That’s interesting. AVT will list anything that implements the standard TemperatureSensor1 service, so I guess these virtual sensors don’t. Could you go into any ReactorSensor, go to the Tools page, and use the “Submit Device” tool on one of these temperature devices? That will send me detailed information about their characteristics, and I need that to determine that they’re OK as a listed device.

Submitted as requested

The store plugin, although more functional is flawed, as it creates new device id’s for modules when battery’s go flat and are replaced also a module down causes issues with luup loads. Hoping by adding supported Vera device this is not the case

A separate question Rigpapa,
Do the comfort switch perform any auto actions or is it there to assign your own action too(like boost)?

Economy has its own set of setpoints, so switching between Normal and Economy/Comfort switches between two sets of setpoints in AVT.

Did you receive the submissions?

I was just looking at it. I think this is a case where it would be better for the author of this plugin to use the standard services and variables for intended purpose, rather than me doing a one-off exception in AVT. The author would not even need to create any virtual devices. AVT simply looks for the existence of CurrentTemperature in the urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1 service on any device, so it would find it at that point. The plugin author would also not need to abandon their current service and variable, just add the standard one. Ideally, though, they would create virtual child sensors with those measurements, as this is a better architecture in general (IMO).

Failing that, if the developer is unable or unwilling, then I’d suggest using Virtual Sensor to copy that value from the plugin device’s data to a virtual temperature sensor.

As this is not a plugin but is added as a known device in Vera who might I contact to possibly get the device updated? Might this require waiting for a new version of Vera to be release?

Really? Et tu, Vera? They did this? I have to believe it was done long ago then, and has just never evolved.

I would just go the VirtualSensor approach and call it good. It’s exactly why VirtualSensor exists.

Quick question; i notice that “Currentsetpoint” is not set to “EcoHeatingSetpoint” when you enable ECO mode, is there a particular reason for that?

It would be nice if it was updated to the setpoint AVT is currently working with, as “Currentsetpoint” is the only one being passed to InfluxDB/Grafana…

Technically AVT is a dual setpoint heating-cooling thermostat, so the generic CurrentSetpoint (in service urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1) is undefined. In strict UPnP, it’s value would depend on whatever the last set Application value is in that service (via the SetApplication action), which complicates matters even further.

The variables of the same name in TemperatureSetpoint_Heat and TemperatureSetpoint_Cool are the Vera way of expressing the heating and cooling setpoints, respectively, without the use of the Application variable and its associated action. These are further mimicked by the AVT-specific variables SetpointHeating and SetpointCooling, which were provided for clarity but frankly don’t add much (of that, or anything else).

AVT will attempt to track the generic CurrentSetpoint variable to the appropriate setpoint of the current operating mode, but it only does so when the thermostat enters that mode (e.g. when it starts cooling, it sets generic CurrentSetpoint to the current cooling setpoint; when it sets generic CurrentSetpoint to the current heating Setpoint). But until there’s a mode change (i.e. when the thermostat is idle), it retains whatever value it was last given.

Ok, but can I also conclude that AVT isn’t using it for anything, so a manual change (i.e Reactor) doesn’t affect any function?

Again, this is just to make the grafana graphs representative to the changes in setpoint, i.e when i switch to night/vacation mode…

Correct, it’s not a driver of any activities.

Why i can’t change the set point via the mobile app, is this normal - design or this happens only to me?

Long-standing limitations of the mobile apps. The mobile apps do not use Vera’s own UI descriptions that they use to build the dashboard cards and control displays for the web UI. So basically any plugin that maintains a custom UI is not functional in the mobile apps.

@rigpapa
Hello! Recently I have discovered that most of my plugins come from the same Developer! Congrats!
I have created con Air conditioning controllers using a quibino Roller Shutter to open an HVAC fan vents in my house. The Qubino has the option to install a thermometer. AVT is working good with very minor customization of the parameters. The plan is not to use any physical thermostat and control the AVT from Amazon Alexa or expetionally from the app. The thing is that AVT is recognized and can be interrogated from Alexa. Things like "What’s the bibliotheque temperature " and can be “controlled”. But no value can actually be changed. Alexa (from my mobile phone) can see all AVT setting like OFF, Heat. Cool or Economy are detected as Custom modes. Any change in the temperature is detected by Alexa but not in the opposite direction. Changing modes or (most important) temperatures from the Alexa app or by voice are initially accepted but finally rejected and not used.
Is there something I’m missing? Any change must be done or any implementation missing that may be can you program?

Many thanks for your help.

All the best!