Plugin: Bridge Vera with Ezlo: VeraBridge for Ezlo

Is it possible to change a switch icon (plug) to a bulb icon somehow?

Thanks

I can confirm this works, on the Ezlo hub in the Vera app, I can now arm and disarm security sensors OK that reside on the Vera hub…

However as you said we really need the armed / disarmed status of the security sensor to be reflected from the Vera hub into the Ezlo hub.

I do hope that they add this functionality in to the API for us !

Who did you ask at Ezlo about it ?

UPDATE - Trying this again today 09/08/23 and it seems to have stopped working. When in the Android Vera mobile app connected to my Ezlo Plus and I press the Arm / Disarm button on a bridge motion sensor nothing happens.

For now I am just looking at functionality and not appearance. I’ll add sub categories to the to-do list.

Cheers Rene

The development team.

The github version is updates and has the dimmer_rgb and window_cov added. The heater is added but I cannot get the controls to show, it now only displays the CurrentTemperature. Siren is added, but not tested.

Cheers Rene

Hi Rene

I’ve just added some Window Covering devices.

The percentage slider 0% to 100% works and opens and closes my curtains.

The up and down buttons work OK and change the percentage in 5% increments.

However the Stop button doesn’t seem to work at all and neither does the Open or Close buttons. I think this is an Ezlo problem however not with your bridge plugin.

Cheers.

UPDATE - Tested again today 09/08/23 and the Stop button does now work OK.

However Roller Shutter Up / Down buttons only go in 5% increments, I think this is wrong. As on the Vera hub when you press Up or Down the curtains / blinds just go in that direction until you press the Stop button or until the motor limit is reached.

I have edited the VeraBridge.json file and added a “Siren” device. Its added the device seemingly OK in to the Vera mobile app, however when I press the button to turn on / sound the siren, nothing happens the button in the GUI does not change to “ON”. The app does popup and say “Command Sent” however.

RGB Dimmer devices. I added two lamps which are Philips Hue bulbs connected to the Vera Plus via the AltHue plugin.

These lights are added in to the Ezlo Plus as RGB Dimmer devices OK, I now see a colour circle picker next to the device in the Vera app.

However selecting colours from this picker and the bulbs do not change colour at all. Again likely a problem with the device in Ezlo hub rather than your bridge plugin.

I then added a Fibaro RGBW device instead and that device doesn’t change the colours either.

The “heater” device doesn’t appear to show the current temperature for me, it says 0.0 C

UPDATE - The current room temp value is now shown OK on the bridged Thermostat device.

The virtual device example Ezlo provided for a Thermostat works in that it can be added to the hub and looks like this:

Thanks again for testing @cw-kid.

Can you run the commands again and PM me the ha-luad.log file? I can see what gets send.

Cheers Rene

Run the commands again as in pressing buttons in the Vera app for these devices ?

Cheers

Yes indeed.

1 Like

A new version is on github GitHub - reneboer/ezlo-VeraBridge: Bridge selected devices from Vera to Ezlo Plus. Fixes for temperature, rgb dimmer, window cov and siren.

The window cov up and down buttons do not work correctly yet in my setup due to the command the Ezlo App (Andriod) sends.

Note; if you have this running you must update the VeraBridge.json file and change the spelling for the temp_units to celsius.

Cheers Rene

Also a tip when downloading the new files from github, don’t over write your existing VeraBridge.json file or you will lose all the virtual devices on the Ezlo Hub, you have previously configured in that file, if you run the load plugin command.

I did this once and had to start over again adding in all the devices I wanted in the .json file again.

1 Like

@Rene

I can confirm that for Window Coverings now the Open / Close / Stop buttons are working OK.

The Up and Down buttons do work OK for me and change the position of the blind in 5% increments in that direction, if that’s what its meant to do?

Dimmer RGB I can now change colours OK with the colour picker.

Siren for me is still not working and I cannot turn that device on. I tried removing the device and adding it again.

This is my code in the .json file for the Everspring siren device.

},{
			"behavior": "siren",
			"device_id": 83,
			"battery_powered": true,
			"name": "House Alarm Siren",
			"room": "Home",
			"room_id": "5f4e2fa7120bab1069c13c45"

For the temperature sensors, I added this code on line #7 in to my .json file as it wasn’t present.

"temp_units": "celsius",

Cheers.

Yep, it’s the new behavior. Confirmed by the dev team.

I don’t like it !

For the same blind when the Vera mobile app is connected to my Vera Plus instead, pressing the Up button the blinds moves up until you press the stop button.

Likewise pressing down button, the blind moves down until you press the stop button.

However these 5% increments on the Ezlo Plus hub is totally pointless if you ask me.

Hi @cw-kid, with you on this, and did say this to the app developers.

5% on my blind it moves only some inches LOL.

Tell them to change it back so it’s the same as how Vera works. :thinking:

Me neither, I’m not sure they’ll listen to us.

1 Like