[Plugin]DarkSky Weather

thanks for reactivity. For info I can see it with Vera Mobile. Just to clearly understand, I will not have to upload your add-on once integrated, right? If you need some testing, will be there!

Hi Rene,

Thank you! That’s excellent news!

Hi Rene,

Another question. I installed Dark Sky on my test Vera Plus a few weeks ago from GitHub using instructions on the forum, and it works fine. Now that you have a version in the App store, I’d like to upgrade . Should I simply delete the Dark Sky device and find and remove the files by hand prior to upgrading?

Thanks!

hi, I just deleted devices created manually after installing the plugin and had no problems.

Hi,

You can just install from the app store and then delete the old or newly created device. If you are using anything in scenes you best delete the newly created. The installed version will run with the latest code.

Cheers Rene

Great!

I don’t have anything in scenes so this will be easy.

Thanks!

Running 0.8 version now, very strange, logo changed and now the same again

Just have a doubt, WindSpeed unit is m/s or km/h? Thanks.

Hi chris66,

You can find those details in the DarkSky Weather API documentation Dark Sky API: Log In

Answer depends on the settings you use.

Cheers Rene

Ok, if I let to Auto it will go to SI regarding my location and it will be m/s, that important to notice, because with WU it was in km/h, so if you have some scripts, better to convert
 thanks, Chris

Another point, I set refresh rate to 30 minutes, does it gives sense to go lower? At what frequency do they (DarkSky) update their datas? Couldn’t find the information, thanks, Chris

I note their website says:

1,000 Calls Per Day for Free

so that should be every 1.44 minutes?

Hi Chris,

They refresh each five minutes max. See Configuration Wiki

Cheers Rene

Does this only work in UI7? I’m on UI5. I downloaded the app and installed it, but can’t seem to get it to work.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

It is indeed only written for UI7 and openLuup/ALTUI. It may work if you manually enter the configuration parameters into the variables. The PDF instructions show how that could be done.

Cheers Rene

Thanks Rene. Your work looked very promising. I did the install, but I can only see the children, not the parent. Thanks again.

Hi,

Just uploaded V0.9 to github and is pending approval on the Vera app market. See wiki for release notes and update instructions.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

Hello
Trying to run this script I found in posts below on my Edge UI7 with latest firmware.
Have installed Dark Sky parent is device #620 and have a key.
Can you help make TTS info to my Sonos device # 298.

local AV_DEV = 298
local LS_SID = “urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1”
local WeatherID1 = 620
local WEATHER_SID = “urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1”
local WEATHER_CID = “urn:upnp-micasaverde-com:serviceId:Weather1”
local Today = luup.variable_get(WEATHER_CID, “TodayConditions”, WeatherID1)
local Current = luup.variable_get(WEATHER_CID, “CurrentConditions”, WeatherID1)
local HighTemp = luup.variable_get(WEATHER_CID, “TodayHighTemp”, WeatherID1)
local Precip = luup.variable_get(WEATHER_CID, “PrecipProbability”, WeatherID1)

luup.call_action (LS_SID, “Alert”, {URI=LS_PATH , Duration=LS_DURATION , Volume=LS_VOLUME, GroupZones=“ALL”}, AV_DEV)

luup.call_action(LS_SID, “Say”, {Text = string.format(“Good morning the weather is %s and the temperature is %s degrees. Today will be %s with a high of %s and a %s percent chance of precipitation
 I hope you have a peaceful day.”, Language=“en-CA”, GroupZones=“ALL”,
Volume=65, SameVolumeForAll=“true”},
298)
Hope you can help!

Thanks reneboer, works like a treat from Mios Store and with the new Vera FW :slight_smile:

A quick question about Dark Sky (not about your APP), with WU one could see the locations of feeds in the local area and select which one you could use, do you (or anyone know if this is possible in DarkSky?

PLEG Doesn’t need maintaining, there is nothing to break

Hi lakewoodjazz,

Not sure where you want to put the code. In a scene or so. That should work. If it does not work, maybe you can find more examples in the Sonos topics.

Cheers Rene