[Plugin]DarkSky Weather

Got it…
Working now!
:slightly_smiling_face:
With Say the Weather plugin I didnt have to create the string. Thanks to you and Korttoma for your patience and guidance.

Hi Rene,

I’ve updated to V0.9 and all is well. Thank you for the user-selectable display—I now see the wind conditions which are more useful for me.

Thanks!

I’ve got the plugin working at v9 and its really great. I noticed that you mentioned a rain sensor as a future enhancement. I previously used the virtual rain sensor and am looking for a replacement that measurses past and future rain. Looks like all the elements are available unfortunately I have no coding capabilities so must rely on you smart folks to do it for me. I hate to ask since you have done so much already but Summer is coming so I was wondering whether this is a more near term or long term possibility.

Thanks again for a great plugin.

Ho OBXMan,

Welcome to the Vera community. I am indeed looking for a rain sensor based on the minutely precipitation forecast DarkSky can provide. I did learn they only provide that data for a limited set of countries. They list USA, Canada and UK. It is not there for my country. I think looking at the hourly forecast will not provide granular enough predictions to be usable. Today I use a buienradar.nl API for a rain alarm and I’ll check what countries that covers for a potential combination.

So I will look at this in the near future, but I am looking at some of the other to-do’s first…

DarkSky does not track actual rain fall, so that number will not be included.

I’ll keep you posted.

Cheers Rene

Hello
I am happy with Dark Sky and Sonos lua code you help me with but…
On many of my lua code scenes the string includes for example…

luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1”, “Say”,
{Text=“Door Open. Apartment Front Door Open”, Language=“en-CA”, GroupZones=“ALL”,
Volume=60, SameVolumeForAll=“true”},
298)
I would like to incoporate in to the darksky string you helped me with…
GroupZones=“ALL”, Volume=60, SameVolumeForAll=“true”},
I cant get it to run in lua test …

Hi,

I just put version 1.0 on GitHub and the Vera App store.

The main new feature is that you can select the child devices you want to have shown, so not limited to Pressure and Humidity anymore. Note that is you update, those two child devices will be deleted, so if you use them in scenes you have to update those.

The plugin now also pulls its images from the github repository and thus do not take space on your Vera.

I also did a rationalization of the variables for the current values. They now all start with Current. This can also impact some of your automations, but i felt I had to do some cleanup. See the Wiki for more details.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

Hi,

Just found that I completely forgot to update the D_DarkSkyWeather.json with the new variables. The update has been pulled from the Vera Apps marketplace. A corrected version will be available in a day or so.

Sorry for the mishap.

Cheers Rene

Installed version 1.1 today, seems to work but like you said the new variables are not there yet.
Not using the affected variables anywhere so maybe I will not notice any issue so I can keep this version until the corrected version is available?

Mine doesn’t seem to update data correctly after updating to 1.0. It was working but tonight it’s stuck at a particular temp which is different from what my hassio box is reading from dark sky.

yeah its not updating any of the child sensors so ill just wait it out until u update the json

Hi,

Just pushed V1.3 out that should have all fixes in. Wasn’t my best set of releases :grimacing:

It is available in the ALTUI App store now, and in the installation instructions you can read how to force the new version to install on a Vera.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

Thanks for your efforts Rene, all looking good after forcing an update to 1.3. :sunglasses:

Hi,
I want a complete list of all values (in English) for “CurrentConditions” variable ?
Thx.

Hi,
Trying also to change my morning routine that included “Say the weather” app which is not working anymore.
I have zero understanding with lua codes but a lot on common sense and I’m trying to include the above code in my morning routine without success.
I’m using Vera with the latest firmware of DSW app -v1.3
I tried copy and paste this code in the " Test Luup code" function in Vera, I changed the id of sonos and DSW, but it keep returing me with an error…

This is the code I used:
url = require(“socket.url”)

local AV_DEV = 359
local LS_SID = “urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1”
local TEMP_SID =“urn:upnp-micasaverde-com:serviceId:Weather1”
local OwTempTodayHigh= luup.variable_get(TEMP_SID, “TodayHighTemp”, 432
luup.call_action(LS_SID, “Say”, {Text = string.format(“Todays high temperature will be %s”, OwTempTodayHigh) ,Volume=35}, AV_DEV)

Need some help here.

Thanks!

Hi retrack,

DarkSky does not provide a full list. For any automation it is advised to use the icon value. See https://darksky.net/dev/docs for more information.

Cheers Rene

Hi morgi23,

With version 1.0 the variables used changed slightly to make them more logical (in my opinion at least). The TodayHighTemp is no longer used, use TodayMaxTemp instead. The high temp is the highest temperature during day time, and max temp is for the whole 24 hr day. Typically the same, but is some countries the night time temp could exceed the day time temp.

This code should work to my knowledge with the Test Luup code. This will say failed if the code does not return true. The luup.call_action will return 0 on success, so it now checks for that.

local AV_DEV = 359
local LS_SID = "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1"
local TEMP_SID ="urn:upnp-micasaverde-com:serviceId:Weather1"
local OwTempTodayHigh= luup.variable_get(TEMP_SID, "TodayMaxTemp", 432
local err_num  = luup.call_action(LS_SID, "Say", {Text = string.format("Todays high temperature will be %s", OwTempTodayHigh) ,Volume=35}, AV_DEV)
return (err_num == 0)

Cheers Rene

Hi Rene,
Thanks for the quick reply!
I will check this when I’m back at home.
Where can I find all the variables new name?
Another quick question- I saw that there are several languages which you can choose on the DSW API. What is the lua command I need to write in order to change the language?

Thanks!

Morgi

Hi Chris,

Yes that is Imperihome not supporting those sensor types. I still plan to add them to my openLuup Imperihome driver, but not having the time right now.

Cheers Rene

Hi,

I released version 1.4 changes are:

• Better DisplayLine update for multi variable child devices (wind,rain) as some could display previous pull data.
  • Added forecast LowTemp (is night time low) and forecast HighTemp (is daytime high).
  • Added ReportedUnits variable to show the units used for data even if you configure auto in the Settings.

The version is available in the ALTUI store and should be in the Vera App store June 3rd. See wiki installation instructions how to force a Vera update.

Cheers Rene

2 Likes

Curious. I see that you are Swedish to … What TTS engine do you use? I’m using the old Mac2Speech but I have troubles with the engine to translate “åäö”