Plugin: Harmony Hub Control

Me too! Thank you :slight_smile:

Sweet, thanks for letting me know. I’ll include it in the next release.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer, post:437, topic:184450”]Hi,

I found something for activities with 7 digits rather than 8. Can you try the attached version and let me know?

Cheers Rene[/quote]

@reneboer i can also confirm that this patch fixes the problem i was having where the device was not updating to reflect the harmony activity set by the harmony remote. My log showed:

50 10/31/16 21:05:00.101 luup_log:135: Harmony Control: GetCurrentActivtyID <0x2e0b5680> 50 10/31/16 21:05:00.102 luup_log:135: Harmony Control: Sending command cmd=get_current_activity_id <0x2e0b5680> 50 10/31/16 21:05:00.151 luup_log:135: Harmony Control: CMD: return value : 200, OK, result=6070059 <0x2e0b5680> 50 10/31/16 21:05:00.151 luup_log:135: Harmony Control: GetCurrentActivtyID : result=6070059 <0x2e0b5680> 50 10/31/16 21:05:00.151 luup_log:135: Harmony Control: GetCurrentActivtyID, ERROR failed to Get Current Activity... errorcode=200, errormessage=OK : result=6070059 <0x2e0b5680> 50 10/31/16 21:05:00.152 luup_log:135: Harmony Control: PollCurrentActivity error getting activity

After uploading the new file, it is working and my log shows:

50 10/31/16 21:12:10.101 luup_log:135: Harmony Control: GetCurrentActivtyID <0x2e07f680> 50 10/31/16 21:12:10.102 luup_log:135: Harmony Control: Sending command cmd=get_current_activity_id <0x2e07f680> 50 10/31/16 21:12:10.152 luup_log:135: Harmony Control: CMD: return value : 200, OK, result=6070059 <0x2e07f680> 50 10/31/16 21:12:10.153 luup_log:135: Harmony Control: GetCurrentActivtyID : result=6070059 <0x2e07f680> 50 10/31/16 21:12:10.154 luup_log:135: Harmony Control: GetCurrentActivtyID found activity : 6070059 <0x2e07f680>

Great fix. Thanks!

Thanks for the confirmation :slight_smile:

Cheers Rene

Hi Folks, I just bought a Harmony Hub to integrate with my VeraEdge. I was able to install the plugin and add my HUB. I went ahead and added one activity “watch TV” and also created a “FireTV” Device and mapped a few buttons for testing purpose. Everything worked fine
 The problem now is that I am trying to add more activities as well as device but it looks the changes are not saved and after the luup restart the changes do not show up.

I already try refreshing the browser, reboot the controllers, remove the devices, reinstall the plugin but it doesn’t mater what I do the initial config comes back and see only the “watch TV” activity and the “FireTV” Device.

Any ideas on what the problem is?

Thank you for the help in advance!

Hi,

The process should be; make the updates, wait for luup to reload and then refresh your browser. It is odd that even a re-install does not make a difference. Can you look on your Vera (via ssh or WinSCP for example) if the time stamp on the D_HarmonyXX.json is changing.

You can go to Apps > Develop Apps > Luup Files. The look for the D_HarmonyXX.json file and click the Open in Device Simulator right next to the file name and see if that shows what you expected or just that initial view. The XX is the device number you can see if you go to the device Advanced settings. As you reinstalled the plug in you may see more then one D_HarmonyXX.json files. Also the one for the earlier installs, incase a new device number was assigned with the re-install.

If these check show the D_HarmonyXX.json file is not updated, can you then set the error loggin to Debug in the Harmony plug in settings and let me know if you see an error message in there when trying to make the updates.

Cheers Rene

Thanks Rene - I ssh into my controller and noticed the time stamp was not changing at all. Luup would restart but changes were not being applied. I also noticed I was running out of space.

I decided was time to backup my vera and restore the defaults. After backing up and restoring the Harmony Hub is working great! I really appreciate the work done on this plugin :slight_smile:

Good to hear it is working again. Enjoy.

Having a minor issue with the Harmony app.
Whenever I activate an “activity” that is already active, I get an error from the system.
The blue overhead status bar says “Harmony Control: CMD: Failed sending command start_activity to Harmony Hub - errordoce=503, errormessage=Unknown Harmony response”

I have a script which turns everything off when leaving the house. I added the harmony activity “Power Off” to shut off the TV and Amp just in case they were left on.
However most of the time they are already off, so I get this error message that doesn’t go away until I run another activity.

Fortunately, this does not prevent the activity from running again anyway.
I tested by manually turning on the TV with another remote and it does go off regardless of this error or how many times I run it, so it’s really more of a cosmetic annoyance.

How do I delete a device that was created by the plug in?
I added a device from the devices tab but now I want to remove it and can’t figure out how.

I got it. I couldn’t de-select anything by clicking on them but I tried ctrl-click and that worked.

Hi!

I just installed the app and I can control my Harmony devices using the child device created in Vera, i.e. turning on my IR-controlled LED-strips. Nice! :slight_smile:

However, I can’t understand how to use the created device in PLEG. What action should I use (SendDeviceCommand?) and what Command?

Hi,

There are two ways to find out how the commands are spelled exactly by the Harmony Hub. First you can look at the variables of the device on your Vera. Look for the valibled names CommandN and CommandDescN. The latter is what you see in the dropdown, the first the value to use in the value you should use in the SendDeviceCommand action. Most commands are similar to their description as you see it in the dropdowns, but then without spaces.

Second way you can see all commands, even the ones you did not create button for. First make sure the setting “Enable HTTP Request Handler” is set to Yes. Then you can get all details of your Hub configurations via http requests. See the last page of the user guide for details. [url=https://github.com/reneboer/vera-Harmony-Hub/blob/master/UserGuide%20v2.5.pdf]https://github.com/reneboer/vera-Harmony-Hub/blob/master/UserGuide%20v2.5.pdf[/url]

Have fun.

Cheers Rene

Thank you @Rene!

I had read the manual but must have missed the instructions to turn on the “Enable HTTP Request Handler”. :S The URL I tried to send earlier to no avail now work and I can use the different commands in both Veras scene manager and PLEG. Excellent! :slight_smile:

Next question, is it possible to run scenes or control devices on the Vera using the Harmony remote? A long time ago I used a software on my HTPC to run.cmd-files, using HTTP to triggering scenes on Vera. Is this possible do do using this plugin somehow?

Hi N0ir,

The hub only reports the current activity, so triggering a scenes on those is not a problem. You must configure the Polling frequency and then use the activity changes as scene triggers. However, device commands are not reported, so that does not work.

What I have done is added a Kira IR receiver and that plugin to my Vera. Then installed a dummy device on my Harmony and learned its codes in the Kira plugin and trigger scenes that way. Others used some raspberry Phi based IR receiver and fire off http commands to the Vera.

To include device commands in scenes you can use the SendDeviceCommand action in scene LUA. Or you select the device(s) in the Devices tab, and for each device configure a button for the commands you want to include in the scenes. You can then pick those like any device to use in a scene.

Cheers Rene

Sorry if this has been asked before, but which Harmony Hub to actually purchase ?

There seems to be several different versions of the hub.

On the UK Logitech site there are currently two stand alone hubs shown see here.

“Harmony Hub” and “Harmony Ultimate Hub”. With the Ultimate one being the cheaper of the two.

I am wanting to be able to start Harmony activities from Vera scenes if possible ? Or have basic control of IR devices in Vera etc.

And I would also like my new Amazon Echo Dot to be able to launch Harmony activities via voice commands.

I was hoping to pick up a cheap or used one off eBay, but have no idea if I would be buying the wrong hub or not ? I assume there are also older models of the hubs?

Thanks

I’m pretty sure either one will work.
I have a Harmony Elite system which comes with the Harmony Hub (not ultimate) and I can say for sure that one works well with Amazon Echo using the Harmony “Skill”
and with Vera using the Harmony “App”

You can easily launch activities from scenes since the Harmony app creates a device in Vera that you can customize with buttons to trigger activities or even directly control devices. You can just use it in a scene like any other device.

Thanks, I was just wondering what the differences were with the Harmony hubs in our application.

So you are using the HA Bridge I have not used that yet but I’ve read and seen some videos about it. I don’t currently have my Echo setup to run Vera scenes at the moment. I was waiting for the Vera / Alexa beta but its not working in the UK yet.

So you also need this Harmony Hub Control plug-in for Vera presumably as well as the HA Bridge then ?

Cheers

See you made an edit.

So the Harmony Hub can directly control Z-Wave devices if its a secondary controller ?

Not sure I want it to do that. Just be happy if I can run a “Watch Movies” scene in Vera and that tells the Harmony Hub to start the “Watch Movies” activity to turn on all the IR equipment etc.

Sorry, I updated my previous post since I made a mistake.

I’m using the HA bridge to allow Alexa to control Vera devices and Scenes, but 

The HA bridge also allows the Harmony hub to control Vera without needing the Z-wave add on device from Harmony/Logitech.
Harmony can see the devices you’ve configured in the bridge, just as if they were a network device like Phillips Hue lights.
So I can turn lights on and off or even dim them with the Harmony remote, or configure scenes as steps in an activity.

So you can only control Z-Wave devices with the Harmony Hub and not run Vera scenes?

You said “But the HA bridge also allows the Harmony hub to control Vera without needing the Z-wave add on device from Harmony/Logitech.”

What is the Z-Wave add on device from Logitech?

Thanks for the info btw.