Plugin: Harmony Hub Control

Hi,

After uploading the new files and the Vera is done reloading a couple of times make absolutely sure you also refresh your browser else the old javascript file will still be used and you will indeed not see the commandos and descriptions you have defined.

I submitted this version to the app market so that should show up in a couple of days.

Cheers Rene

Awesome plugin!

I hope I haven’t missed the answer to my question
 Am I able to set more than 12 buttons for a device?

[quote=“Homer, post:62, topic:184450”]Awesome plugin!

I hope I haven’t missed the answer to my question
 Am I able to set more than 12 buttons for a device?[/quote]

Hi, If you have v1.8 installed you can change the settings to up to 24 buttons on UI5/6 and 20 on UI7. In v 2.02 this is now the hardcoded default.

If you need more then 20/24 buttons for a device, you can make a second instance of the Harmony Control main device and add the device to that too and add the rest of the buttons you want to control. You need v2.02 to do this reliably.

Cheers Rene.

Thanks!

I was running the older plugin, so have updated now.

I uploaded the files, and refreshed the browser a couple times before doing a reboot. My dashboard is up but the unit is forever busy
 not sure what’s going on
 I am using UI5.

All good now
 I closed the browser, waited a couple minutes and then tried again and i now have 24 buttons! :slight_smile:

hello guys,

Maybe I am missing something obvious here but I would like to get me one of these Harmonys if I can program it to control the light and the blinds as well as my HT. For me that would be an important use case and I cannot find it in the features. Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance!

Features: - Supports UI5, UI6 and UI7. - Controls the Harmony Hub Activities and Devices - The main harmony Hub Control device can start Activities. - For each Device defined on your Harmony Hub you can create a child device with buttons to send commands to that device. - Can poll the Harmony Hub for the currently selected Activity - You can trigger notifications and scenes when an Activity or Commands gets send - V2.02 has BinarySwitch functions for switching On/Off using AutHomationHD - V2.01 can support multiple Hubs by creating multiple instances of the plug in. - V2.0 has syslog support and configurable debug levels.

[quote=“HansW, post:66, topic:184450”]hello guys,

Maybe I am missing something obvious here but I would like to get me one of these Harmonys if I can program it to control the light and the blinds as well as my HT. For me that would be an important use case and I cannot find it in the features. Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance![/quote]

Hi Hans, no that is not possible using this solution. For that you have to use one of the IR receivers discussed in other topics. The Harmony only reports the current activity over IP, but not any remote button clicks. You can basically do on your Vera what the Harmony app can.

Cheers Rene

are there any known issues/conflicts with other plugins?
my vera keeps restarting Lua in a enndless loop after click Install from the store 

[quote=“nullx8, post:68, topic:184450”]are there any known issues/conflicts with other plugins?
my vera keeps restarting Lua in a enndless loop after click Install from the store 
[/quote]
I am not aware of any, but I of course have not been able to validate that for all that is out there. Is this directly after the download or have you been able to configure the IP address, email and password?

If you could get paste that, what you can try is to increase the delay for Harmony_setup to more then 3 seconds to allow more time for other plugins to finish initializing. This is at the end of the L_Harmony.lua file.
– Schedule to finish rest of start up in a few seconds
luup.call_delay(“Harmony_Setup”, 3, “”, false)

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer, post:69, topic:184450”][quote=“nullx8, post:68, topic:184450”]are there any known issues/conflicts with other plugins?
[/quote]
I am not aware of any, but I of course have not been able to validate that for all that is out there. Is this directly after the download or have you been able to configure the IP address, email and password?[/quote]

it went immideatly into the restart loop. also no device where created 

however i used the 2.0.2 files from this thread 
 the vera restarted 2 times and all back to normal :wink:

[quote=“reneboer, post:67, topic:184450”][quote=“HansW, post:66, topic:184450”]hello guys,

Hi Hans, no that is not possible using this solution. For that you have to use one of the IR receivers discussed in other topics. The Harmony only reports the current activity over IP, but not any remote button clicks. You can basically do on your Vera what the Harmony app can.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Thanks Rene,

I just bought one anyway and will check the forum for solutions to control lights and blinds through vera from it. Any good suggestions? I prefer a good solution over a cheap one and the least components the better. It feels silly that this hub is wifi connected as well as vera and we should need other components over software

And as a second question, is that because the hub just is not opened up enough for this, i.e.e its impossible without hacking it, or because the plugin has not implemented it (yet?:wink:

Hans

[quote=“HansW, post:71, topic:184450”][quote=“reneboer, post:67, topic:184450”][quote=“HansW, post:66, topic:184450”]hello guys,

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Thanks Rene,

I just bought one anyway and will check the forum for solutions to control lights and blinds through vera from it. Any good suggestions? I prefer a good solution over a cheap one and the least components the better. It feels silly that this hub is wifi connected as well as vera and we should need other components over software

And as a second question, is that because the hub just is not opened up enough for this, i.e.e its impossible without hacking it, or because the plugin has not implemented it (yet?:wink:

Hans[/quote]

The Harmony Ultimate Home can control devices in the SmartThings Controller. The only issue with Smart Things, IMHO, is that it uses Cloud Logic (all the logic is in the cloud, so if your internet is down, then no “automation”).

This is one of the many areas I think that MCV needs to catch up on. The partnerships that are being formed now will help define who has the better ecosystem (for lack of a better word).

edit: moved my response out of the quotes :slight_smile:

The Harmony Ultimate Home can control devices in the SmartThings Controller. The only issue with Smart Things, IMHO, is that it uses Cloud Logic (all the logic is in the cloud, so if your internet is down, then no "automation").

This is one of the many areas I think that MCV needs to catch up on. The partnerships that are being formed now will help define who has the better ecosystem (for lack of a better word).

Thanks but I am a bit allergic to hosted services
 I have looked through the forum and found http://www.keene.co.uk/keene-ir-anywhere-ir-over-ip-module-single.html to be a likely candidate. It seems to be programmable to send commands diretly to Vera if I understand it correctly so I guess I could use this to do anything I want wit my harmony without soldering ;).

Or has anyone a better solution? It seems the Keene unit can be ordered from the UK only and I live in Holland.

[quote=“HansW, post:73, topic:184450”]

The Harmony Ultimate Home can control devices in the SmartThings Controller. The only issue with Smart Things, IMHO, is that it uses Cloud Logic (all the logic is in the cloud, so if your internet is down, then no “automation”).

Thanks but I am a bit allergic to hosted services
 I have looked through the forum and found http://www.keene.co.uk/keene-ir-anywhere-ir-over-ip-module-single.html to be a likely candidate. It seems to be programmable to send commands diretly to Vera if I understand it correctly so I guess I could use this to do anything I want wit my harmony without soldering ;).

Or has anyone a better solution? It seems the Keene unit can be ordered from the UK only and I live in Holland.[/quote]

It seems the most viable and RexBeckett seems to have it working with a Harmony see here for his plug in. http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,14618.0.html

It does seem Keene ships to NL, so may consider getting one my self.

Cheers Rene

It does seem Keene ships to NL, so may consider getting one my self.

Cheers Rene

Mine will be shipped today.:wink: Make sure you select kiraw to get the Dutch power supply.
Still silly to need a device to convert from this lan-connected Hub via IR to the lan to Vera instead of directly through the lan

I installed your plugin but generating the Childs failed first try. No time to retry untill tonight.

Any suggestion on how to fixate the hubs IP address?

And thanks for your plugin!!
Regards, Hand

Rene,

I tried generating the childs again since they did not appear in my ui (UI7) but no luck. It reports they are already generated but no childs have appeared in my devices

What to do?

Regards,

Hans

[quote=“HansW, post:76, topic:184450”]Rene,

I tried generating the childs again since they did not appear in my ui (UI7) but no luck. It reports they are already generated but no childs have appeared in my devices

What to do?

Regards,

Hans[/quote]
Hi Hans,

I fix IP addresses on my router, you can typically set the DHCP server on that to assign the same IP to the MAC address each time.

Not sure if the IP address is the reason for the issues you have. I reinstalled from the app market the plugin on UI7 today as the 2.02 version became avilble there today, and I do not have issues. It is important to wait for the Vera to completely restart (about a minute with UI7) and then refresh your browser.

When you have child devices configured, the variable PluginHaveChildren in the Harmony Control device will show the device numbers of those child devices.

Cheers Rene.

I fix IP addresses on my router, you can typically set the DHCP server on that to assign the same IP to the MAC address each time.

My cisco router doesn’t support that I am afraid.

Not sure if the IP address is the reason for the issues you have. I reinstalled from the app market the plugin on UI7 today as the 2.02 version became avilble there today, and I do not have issues. It is important to wait for the Vera to completely restart (about a minute with UI7) and then refresh your browser.

I installed yesterday from the app market, did wait long enough, my vera restarted a couple of times and then became stable, t some point the log mentioned something like: Harmony initialized successful after 8 seconds.

My plugin has version 2.20141231.

When you have child devices configured, the variable PluginHaveChildren in the Harmony Control device will show the device numbers of those child devices.

I checked this variable and found: 24321741,24321565,24321489,24321606,24321545

Any ideas to check?

Hans

Hi Hans,

Can you look at the /tmp/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log file for anything about the Harmony in red or yellow. If you do not have ssh access you can also install the InfoViewer plug in and use that to look at the log.

You can set the log level for the Plugin to Debug, but when the child devices are not created, it must show with any log level I think.

Cheers Rene.

No errors so far, do have some messages like:

50 01/06/15 21:32:12.521 luup_log:113: AVRReceiverPlugin::handleResponse: data received NSE0Now Playing mServer <0x3244c680> 50 01/06/15 21:32:12.522 luup_log:113: AVRReceiverPlugin::handleResponse: Data:E0Now Playing mServer <0x3244c680> 50 01/06/15 21:32:12.522 luup_log:113: AVRReceiverPlugin::processMessage: Data:E0Now Playing mServer <0x3244c680> 50 01/06/15 21:32:12.523 luup_log:113: AVRReceiverPlugin::processMessage: Unhandled message type 'NS' <0x3244c680> 50 01/06/15 21:32:12.637 luup_log:113: AVRReceiverPlugin::handleResponse: data received NSE1 <0x3244c680> 50 01/06/15 21:32:12.637 luup_log:113: AVRReceiverPlugin::handleResponse: Data:E1 <0x3244c680> 50 01/06/15 21:32:12.638 luup_log:113: AVRReceiverPlugin::processMessage: Data:E1 <0x3244c680> 50 01/06/15 21:32:12.638 luup_log:113: AVRReceiverPlugin::processMessage: Unhandled message type 'NS' <0x3244c680> 50 01/06/15 21:32:12.731 luup_log:113: AVRReceiverPlugin::handleResponse: data received NSE2 <0x3244c680> 50 01/06/15 21:32:12.731 luup_log:113: AVRReceiverPlugin::handleResponse: Data:E2 <0x3244c680> 50 01/06/15 21:32:12.732 luup_log:113: AVRReceiverPlugin::processMessage: Data:E2 <0x3244c680>