PLUGIN: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostats

[quote=“mikee, post:457, topic:185402”]Argh, I don’t have access to UI5 machines. Can you grab a log (or scan it to see if a require file is missing or something) ?

Thanks,[/quote]

I sent logs to you by PM.
Hope they help.

Wondering if there is any way to query the humidity from the Honeywell?
Thanks for all your hard work!

Happy New Year all!
Al

Thanks for the logs. Looks like dkjson is not available in UI5. I have changed the library to json-dm which should be available on both. There was a problem with this library when characters were present in the json but I filter them out now so I think it will be fine.

The humidity info is present (if the thermo supports it) as well as outside temp and some forecast info on some platforms. The issue is how to present this. The thermostat dash tile is hardcoded so it is difficult to augment it. We could create another child device to show this info. The presentation stuff in UI7 is pretty weak and not well documented so it would likely be a pretty bland tile.

Happy new year!

I am a newbie and bit confused. Am I correct if I delete the existing device from system and instal as per the quote below, it will create new devices and work properly ?[table]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[quote=“mikee, post:455, topic:185402”]Here is the latest plugin. You need to install all files as they have all changed. The two icons go in
/www/cmh/skins/default/img/devices/device_states. I think you will be fine without them, the lyric dashboard icon will just not switch to the lyric. The others all use the same icon as I haven’t found anything suitable yet.

To install:

1. Upload all S_, I_, D_ and L_ files with the restart checkbox selected. You can skip the icons unless you are really bored.
  2. Wait for the restart to complete

If you did not delete your existing TCC device you will be connecting as usual and if you don’t need any additional interfaces you can skip the remaining steps. If you are starting from scratch or if you want to add a Lyric follow the next steps.

1. Create a new device, enter D_HoneywellTCC1.xml in the Upnp Device Filename, I_HoneywellTCC1.xml in the Upnp Implementation Filename and a name in the Description input box.
  2. If you are going to connect to multiple backends then repeat with a different name in the Description box for each instance you need (this is not typical but if you have Lyric and Wifi thermostats you will need to do this).
  3. Reboot the vera. I am not sure if a Luup restart would suffice but just to be safe reboot.
  4. When it comes back go to the new devices, select the Setup page (used to be TCC Setup) and select the interface type and your login credentials. You will see 4 buttons under the login input boxes marked “TCC”, “Euro”, “Mobile” and “Lyric”. For US based installations you can use “TCC”, “Mobile” or “Lyric”. For European installations you can use “Euro” and maybe “Lyric”, I don’t know about that one.[/quote]

My ping sensors stopped working again. I also noticed several times were my system would be very unstable. What I mean by this is that it would take several minutes to open my Vera’s webpage (versus the normal several seconds). It would also take a long time to execute scenes and any command coming remotely (i.e. from a phone or zwave remote). These periods would eventually stop and I wasn’t able to figure out if there was a general frequency to it or not. My system monitor shows my Vera’s CPU load is normally around 0.25. During one of the unstable points last night, it was over 3.

@sre

If you already have the Honeywell TCC plugin installed you can just upload the files in the zip and you should be all set, you do not need to delete your existing TCC device. However, if you wanted to start over using the new plugin then you could delete the old device, install the plugin and following the instructions it will find your thermostats and will add them to your system. Just keep in mind that if you delete the old device any scenes you have defined that use your thermostats will need to be setup again.

I hope to have the app updated for normal installation but the Vera folks that can help me are out until next week.

@lingerba

Can you supply log files for these periods ? Do you have any scenes that might be running during these periods ? Do you have logging enabled ? I’ll start looking in detail for how long the plugin runs but it shouldn’t be that often.

One thing I don’t like about the current structure is that the thermostat state is not held by the plugin so there may be more requests made for status than are needed. I am not sure if outbound https requests are disruptive.

Can I install the same ping sensors you use to try to reproduce the problem or do I need special equipment ?

It is just the regular ping sensor from the app store: MiOS Apps. Just set it up to ping a device on your network which will always have the same IP address.

I would kind of prefer you install this and test and look at your log files. I say this because you know what you are doing a lot better than I do as far as recording and retrieving the correct log information. If you need me to do it I can, but you will have to spoon feed me the instructions (like you did last time) and I will have to reinstall the log viewer (I was never able to get the logs via SSH).

Thanks & sorry.

No problem at all, I’d also prefer to reproduce the problem here. I’ll install the ping app.

I installed the ping sensor and set it to ping one of my machines. It is set for 15 second ping and 0 sec timeout. What do I look for to indicate a failure ? How many pings do you have running ?

If you have the sensor set to “normal” (versus invert), your sensor should be showing “tripped” as long as your device is being pinged. What I have seen is it eventually stops pinging the device for no apparent reason.

In my setup I have two ping sensors, one for my phone and one for my wife’s. When neither phone is pinged for 1 hour, it PLEG determines that no one is home and sets the house to ‘away mode’ (I use this as a back up to geofencing). So last night at 3:06am, the house went into away mode, which means neither of our phones was pinged after 2:06am. What I am not sure of (and now it is too late for me to check), is whether both ping sensors failed at 2:06 or if one failed earlier and then the second at 2:06.

[quote=“mikee, post:462, topic:185402”]Thanks for the logs. Looks like dkjson is not available in UI5. I have changed the library to json-dm which should be available on both. There was a problem with this library when characters were present in the json but I filter them out now so I think it will be fine.

The humidity info is present (if the thermo supports it) as well as outside temp and some forecast info on some platforms. The issue is how to present this. The thermostat dash tile is hardcoded so it is difficult to augment it. We could create another child device to show this info. The presentation stuff in UI7 is pretty weak and not well documented so it would likely be a pretty bland tile.

Happy new year![/quote]
Tried the new zip on my Vera UI5 and it logs in and finds devices but gives a Lua Failure notice on the parent device “Lua Failure Lua Failure”
I’ll send the log by PM.

Regarding humidity, I have a few humidity sensors and they all create a basic child device that just shows humidity and is not configurable.
Would be great to help with running humidifier on demand. I could certainly just buy 2 more sensors, however would be nice to just get the reading from the thermostat. If the info is included in what you’ve already provided, then I’m sure I can create a child device from it.

Thanks again!!!
Al

@mikee

Thanks. Appreciated

Hi all,

Seems like some of you have been making some really useful improvements to this app. Since the latest update, I am able to connect as a Euro user (which was not possible before). I have some questions though:

[ul][li] I have 5 rooms in my Evohome. When I enter the ID as in the URL from the TCC website, the app only creates 1 device (my bathroom). It has an ID like this: ******:yyyyyy. Where the stars are the ID as mentioned before. How can I create my other rooms?[/li]
[li] The temperature in my bathroom is displayed correctly. However, I cannot make any modifications to the setpoint / mode (it always reverts to off mode). Is this normal? How can I influence my EvoHome system through the Vera Edge interface?[/li][/ul]

Thanks already for all yours efforts!

Regards.

Did you manually enter the number or let the plugin configure them ? The format of the id is location:device. There are subtle differences between the APIs that made the addition of the location required for some. I was only able to test with one device, I’ll try to move my other thermo over to the Euro site and see if it works.

I added my location ID manually. In the beginning when it started working, I still had part of the old interface where I could enter the location ID (I did have to change the ‘Euro’ setting in the advanced settings). Only after a while the new interface appeared. The app added 1 thermostat itself (the bathroom) and found out the part after the ‘:’ automatically. My 4 other thermostats do not appear at all.

Sigh, I found the problem. The device IDs are no longer strictly numeric and the code that assigns them to one of the 8 thermostat slots attempted to convert to a number. Hence only one of them is reported, likely the last. I should have a fix shortly …

@backkri

Here is the updated plugin. I verified I can set the temp on both of my thermos. You should not need to set your device Ids manually, they should be found on login.

@lingerba

I have not see any failures in the ping. It ran all night and no failures today although I have been restarting with testing today. I have made a number of changes to try to reduce the number of luup calls made as this has to be the interference. From looking at the ping app the only way I see it can stop is if the timer does not fire. If you could scan your logs to see if you can spot anything that would indicate what the failure is it would help. Thanks!

[quote=“mikee, post:478, topic:185402”]@lingerba

I have not see any failures in the ping. It ran all night and no failures today although I have been restarting with testing today. I have made a number of changes to try to reduce the number of luup calls made as this has to be the interference. From looking at the ping app the only way I see it can stop is if the timer does not fire. If you could scan your logs to see if you can spot anything that would indicate what the failure is it would help. Thanks![/quote]

I have not had any issues since uninstalling the plugin. I am going to reinstall the version you posted today to see how it goes. As I mentioned, i am happy to provide log files, but I really need you to give me the step by step instructions for obtaining them.

This one contains the changes I made to reduce the read of variables.