PLUGIN: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostats

Did you see the work of this person the Honeywell Wifi thermostat. Here is the link:

http://www.bradgoodman.com/thermostat/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup. When I started initial development and trying to figure out how to do the authentication and basic i/o, that was one of my initial sources.

Sorry, never tested plugins before, not that hard, just uploaded the files.

Luup kept restarting, but after it settled in, it looks stable.

Works like a charm, even named the thermostats. Awesome.

Still have some glitch with numbers on UI5, doesn’t bother me though.

See picture

(btw, these captchas are hard, and I learned that the tower bridge is in London)

Thanks for the feedback, memonstatus.

Yes, there will be a few restarts when you first install it. It will restart at least twice: Once when you upload the files, and once again after it gathers your thermostat information. (Luup is required to restart when it adds the new devices to your system.)

The “numbers” glitch is a UI5 thing which I can sort of work around. What I can’t find a way to work around at the moment, is if you click on “D” (for disable) for example, the setting updates but the screen does not reflect it unless to click on another tab and click back.

Apparently, UI5 does not like having multiple “flash” type tabs. At some point I may develop javascript style tabs instead, but I’ve got some learnin’ to do before I tackle that.

The captchas go away after 5 posts.

I’ll be posting this version to the app store for approval. It should be publicly available sometime next week. It’s the same version as what I recently posted as a beta with just a couple minor tweaks, including one to fix the UI glitch mentioned by memonstatus ).

I lost authentication over 2 days ago. Never recovered. Had to manually enter the credentials that were already present to get it working again.

Thanks…I’ll have another look at the authentication code. I already pushed an updated version to the app store (pending approval), but when I find the bug it will be corrected for the next release.

Thank You Sir.

Please advise how you could monitor “OutdoorTemperature” and wire triggers to it?

I have an outdoor thermostat that works with this and the value is updated in the plugin under advanced settings…
But I am not certain how to track the value in way that Vera can fire triggers from.

I really want to do this without coding, but if I was to do so, I imagine I would need to have a timer that checked the value every so many minutes and then if the value goes below/above a threshold I could turn OFF or HEAT the thermostat. Your documentation here is exceptional and I’m sure I could easily code this, but I’m thinking there’s a no-code way of establishing a trigger.

Unfortunately, OutdoorTemperature is a honeywell specific (non-standard) variable. Because it’s not part of the standard Thermostat Device, the variable is not exposed to be able to be used directly as a trigger in Vera scenes.

A way you should be able to do this “without code” is to use another plug-in called PLEG. I do not have experience with that plug-in though, so I would not be able to help you configure it.

You are correct that you could use code that runs in a scene that you have scheduled to run every few minutes, checks the temperature and then performs an action based on that. I can assist you with that should you decide to not use PLEG.

Having a glitch with the beta, updating multiple stats in a scene , at least one stat goes to temporary while plugin is configured for permanent, this is also first thermostat on honeywell. Tried running scene a few times, sometimes stays permanent, sometimes goes on schedule right after the scene is run.

With that said mostly everything is running fine. Awesome work.

@memonstatus,

Can you show me (screenshots or describe) how your scene is set-up? What triggers it, and what commands are you sending? Is this repeatable if you only have two thermostats in the scene or do you only experience it with more than that?

I only have two thermostats but I will try and replicate. Also, once I get an idea of the scene you are trying to run, I’ll probably provide a custom file, and ask you to run it and show the log contents.

Appreciate your help in tracking this down!

Version 1.1 is now available from the app store. The first post in this thread has been updated with the latest release information. (Basically new auto-detect set-up with support for up to 8 thermostats, better UI5 support and a couple minor tweaks.)

Auto updating does not always seem to work in UI7, but this link (copy and paste the link a browser windown when you are on your local network) should work to update your plug-in. Just replace YOURIP with the IP address of your vera:

YOURIP:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=8132&Version=25956

@memonstatus: Please let me know if you are still having issues with multiple thermostats in a scene. I assume you will since I have not done anything to specifically address the issue in this release.

@ServiceXP…I have found the re-authorization issue…I’m just letting the code run locally on my own unit for a while and I will wait and see if I can also address memonstatus’ issue before publishing an update.

Was trying to replicate problem, could not replicate problem with temporary vs. permanent.

When checking the stats this morning, I saw some of them weren’t refreshed, so went into the plugin settings

1. I got Authentication error, host not found at 3am, doesn’t automatically try to refresh - I don’t know if this is by design
  2. When I manually pressed refresh in the plugin settings, it worked, authenticated, and refreshed
  3. Pending changes were not applied to thermostats (this is probably more difficult to implement, and understood if this is not supported)

With respect to the scenes, I have a scene set to run at 8am that sets all the thermostats, and another scene at 8pm that again sets all the thermostats. I have 15 ct-100s on z-wave and these 5 honeywells.

The issue of not automatically attempting to re-authenticate was also brought up by ServiceXp, but not until I had already published version 1.1. I have fixed that issue and it will be included in the next release. Starting with the next release it will continue to try and re-authenticate every 5 minutes if authentication fails.

3. Pending changes were not applied to thermostats (this is probably more difficult to implement, and understood if this is not supported)

It may be possible to support that. (If authentication fails when a command is issued, to queue the commands and send them once authentication is restored.) I’ll look into that as a possible enhancement.

With respect to the scenes, I have a scene set to run at 8am that sets all the thermostats, and another scene at 8pm that again sets all the thermostats. I have 15 ct-100s on z-wave and these 5 honeywells.

Just so I’m clear…All 5 are updating with correct temporary or permanent setting when the scene runs? Or is it still an issue?

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response. All 5 are at the correct (permanent) setting. I’m not on 1.1 yet, still on the 1.1 beta with the extra json file you attached.

So I’m still troubleshooting some quirky behavior in that the plugin is not refreshing in the background. When I click the plugin, it does refresh, and subsequent commands after the refresh work and the scenes work. However, when it hasn’t been refreshed, and commands are issued by me or the scene, those commands don’t get sent to the honeywell system. On the refresh (thats triggered by me clicking the plugin settings), it then shows the old temperature settings, not the ones that were issued by the scene / me.

Do I have to enable a background update option in the settings?

Edit: attached variables
Btw, any way to access log besides USB? I can’t find a spare USB (Vera apparently formats it?)

When you get a chance please upgrade to the latest version. (see my previous post with an upgrade link) It will be easier to troubleshoot if we’re both working with the exact same code base.

So I'm still troubleshooting some quirky behavior in that the plugin is not refreshing in the background. When I click the plugin, it does refresh, and subsequent commands after the refresh work and the scenes work. However, when it hasn't been refreshed, and commands are issued by me or the scene, those commands don't get sent to the honeywell system.

I’m not 100% sure what you mean. So I’ll explain how things are working right now, and you can tell me if this explains the experience you’re having.

1. During set-up, you provide credentials, it logs-in and sets-up your thermostats, etc.
  2. Every 5 minutes the plug-in requests status from Honeywell on all your thermostats, and refreshes your vera thermostat devices to display the current settings. (So if someone changes a setting on your physical unit in your house, within 5 mintues the change will be reflected on Vera).
  3. If during one of these refresh attempts Honeywell returns an error (authentication fails) then basically the plug-in stops working. You’ll see the “Unsuccessful” message on the plugin. Commands you send won’t work, scenes won’t work, etc.
  4. If you go to the plug-in and manually “refresh” or re-log in, it will re-authenticate…and go back to step 2.

The next version will fix this, so that if during a refresh authentication fails, it will try again to reauthenticate every 5 minutes automatically. (This is what it was supposed to do all along, but I had a logic error preventing this from happening.) I think that explains the behavior you’re communicating.

Btw, any way to access log besides USB? I can't find a spare USB (Vera apparently formats it?)

By default, the logs are not on the USB. (That is an option to move the location where the logs are stored). The easiest way to “see” your log is to use this…you must be on your local network. Replace YOURIP with the IP address of vera:

YOURIP/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

At least I think that method works. :slight_smile:

All,

You may or may not be aware the Vera is in the process of pushing out the latest firmware update for UI7. There are a few changes in the changelog related to the thermostat control.

Once my UI7 unit is updated, I’ll test the honeywell plug-in against it to ensure it works. I’ve been meaning to take a look at the ‘Energy’ button (since it’s visible on UI5), and now that button is also apparently available on UI7. I’m not aware of any WiFI honeywell thermostats supporting an “energy” mode (and I don’t see any indication of such in the data returned from Honeywell), but if anyone’s thermostat has such a mode, please let me know so I can see about supporting it.

The other addition is “Add the possibility to edit the thermostat set point value”. By this, I assume they mean that instead of “clicking the spinner” to increase set-points one degree at a time, you’ll now also have the option to type in the set-point directly. (Again, UI5 had this ability, now UI7 is catching up).

Unfortunately, there still does not seem to be native support for “autochangeover” mode. I’ll still pester Vera about getting that included.

Hi,
I’ve just found this thread, and was quite excited as I’ve got a totalconnect account (evohome system).

Umfortunately I’m in the same boat as an earlier poster - I’m in the UK, so it connects to

Anyway, just wanted to say that I’d be more than happy to be a tester for anything you may develop that includes european support!
I’ve got units running UI5 and UI7, and the system is an evohome with 5 TRVs on it.

Rupert