PLUGIN: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostats

Is anyone else having trouble with the plugin over the past couple of days? The plugin is talking to TCC correctly in that it tells me what the temperature is from the display and reports that the Refresh is successful, but I cannot send any commands (setting the mode to ‘Heat’ does nothing, it just stays ‘Off’). This worked about three days ago and now it just doesn’t.

EDIT: I reloaded LUUP and it is working again. Is there a way to watchdog that somehow? Everything else was working except for this plugin.

Not working for me. I’ve got the RTH6580WF. It appears to take the command but never updates the actual setpoint. :frowning:

Good day,

For some reason, I can’t control my system FAN mode via the UI7 GUI or via LUA, here’s what I tried.

1- via the GUI (UI7), I select my main floor thermostat and change the fan status, let’s say from Auto to ON, it does in deed the change in the GUI, after few seconds, it change it back to what it was. I look on the thermostat, nothing. no change.

2- via lua, tried all kind of stuff. same result, can’t change it.

Meanwhile, I can change the temperature, change the mode. So far, everything else work like a charm.

I have two PRO 8000 with TC

Somebody?

Thanks!!

I’m trying to run a scene which sets the thermostat at 21 degrees until 23:00.
No matter what endtime i enter, it always comes out ‘now + 4 hours’. Using EMEA login, Evohome.

local lul_arguments = {}
lul_arguments[“ThermostatID”] = “xxxxx:xxxxx”
lul_arguments[“newSetpointValue”] = 21
lul_arguments[“SetpointMode”] = “HEAT”
lul_arguments[“SetpointType”] = “TEMPORARY”
lul_arguments[“SetpointEndtime”] = “23:00”

luup.call_action(“urn:joeyd-com:serviceId:HoneywellTCC1”,“HoldSetpoint”,lul_arguments,201)

What am i doing wrong?

Hello,

Is there a way to make it work in Europe please

You should try this:
luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat”, “SetCurrentSetpoint”, {NewCurrentSetpoint = “22”}, HVAC_ID)

[quote=“knuppel, post:704, topic:185402”]I’m trying to run a scene which sets the thermostat at 21 degrees until 23:00.
No matter what endtime i enter, it always comes out ‘now + 4 hours’. Using EMEA login, Evohome.

local lul_arguments = {}
lul_arguments[“ThermostatID”] = “xxxxx:xxxxx”
lul_arguments[“newSetpointValue”] = 21
lul_arguments[“SetpointMode”] = “HEAT”
lul_arguments[“SetpointType”] = “TEMPORARY”
lul_arguments[“SetpointEndtime”] = “23:00”

luup.call_action(“urn:joeyd-com:serviceId:HoneywellTCC1”,“HoldSetpoint”,lul_arguments,201)

What am i doing wrong?[/quote]

Mike, thanks very much for looking into this. I’ve been away on vacation so just catching up on this thread but really please there could be a way forward with this.

I’m afraid to say that I’m very much a newbie with Vera and don’t how to implement a change in SetModeTarget from a scene. Could you please give me (and anyone else who may be in my position) a few steps in the right direction?[/quote]

Hello Mike, could you give a few steps how to implement a SetModeTarget from a scene, I’m also not so familiar with this.

I replaced an older z-wave thermostat with this new wifi total connect enabled one and the plug-in works fine (TCC mode) but I cannot seem to get it to set the temp when in AUTO. Cool and Heat work fine but AUTO no matter what I set it clears and goes back to 0.0

I looks like I’m missing something.

When I do,

luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Cool”, “SetCurrentSetpoint”, {NewCurrentSetpoint = “23”},954)

That command will work on my main level (954) Honeywell termostat. BUT! when I was something cooler, like 21, it never register.

I tried, 22, 23, 24 they all work, bellow 22, can’t do anything.

Why???

THANKS!!!

On the thermostat itself you can set a minimum temperature for cool ad a maximum for heat. Maybe your minimum cool temperature is set at the thermostat as 22?

Good thinking but no.

Both my thermostat has 10 as minimum and 32 as maximum.

I honestly don’t know what is going on…

Anybody?

I just looked at the log if someone can point out where to look.

When I try to set a temperature below 22, I get the error in log.

HNYWL TCC ERROR: TCC SetStatus failed result=5, resultText=Unknown error. HTTP Code 500

Anyone?

I’m not sure about that, sorry.

JoeyD built the plugin and he’s mentioned before that he doesn’t monitor this thread much and to PM him if you have any issues.
Just remember to post back here if you get a result so it can help others.

Thanks MarcusB

Just sent him a PM, if I get any news on how to fix that, I will share it for sure.

Thanks!

[quote=“spilote, post:714, topic:185402”]Thanks MarcusB

Just sent him a PM, if I get any news on how to fix that, I will share it for sure.

Thanks![/quote]

It appears that Mikee took over the plugin quite a while back. He had mentioned to PM him if there was an immediate issue, since he’s not monitoring the forum as often now. Joey hasn’t been active on it for much longer, it appears.

First off, thanks to all those that worked on this plugin and did so much testing!

I am working on setting up scenes that will enable and disable my fan’s setting to “Recirculate” or to “Auto” based on the outdoor temperature. The last post I found regarding this issue made mention that this lua file (post #683) should cure the problem of the fan settings not adjusting. While I’ve done my best to read through all 48 pages of this topic, can anyone advise if this is still the lua file to use? I’m using a TCC system in the US on UI7. Thanks

Edit: I rolled the dice and installed this lua file and confirm it seems to be working. Thanks for publishing this!

I am thinking of buying a Evohome system. Does this plugin still work?

No active users of this plugin anymore?

In my case, it is still working fine. EU user.

Thanks for the info, I’m also living in EU (Holland)