PLUGIN: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostats

35 02/11/18 7:34:39.455 parse_post_data parameter Code = luup.call_action( “urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_FanOperatingMode1”, “SetMode”, { NewMode=“ContinuousOn” }, 50 ) <0x744e5520>
10 02/11/18 7:34:39.456 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleRequest id lu_action request pMem 0x102b000/16953344 diff: 8105984 <0x744e5520>
01 02/11/18 7:34:39.456 sbrk JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest Problem with getnameinfo <0x744e5520>
08 02/11/18 7:34:39.457 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 0 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1 action: RunLua <0x744e5520>
08 02/11/18 7:34:39.457 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument id=lu_action <0x744e5520>
08 02/11/18 7:34:39.458 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1 <0x744e5520>
08 02/11/18 7:34:39.458 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument action=RunLua <0x744e5520>
08 02/11/18 7:34:39.459 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument Code=luup.call_action( “urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_FanOperatingMode1”, “SetMode”, { NewMode=“ContinuousOn” }, 50 ) <0x744e5520>
01 02/11/18 7:34:39.460 LuaInterface::LoadCode: [string "luup.call_action( “urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_FanOperatingMode…”]:1: unexpected symbol near ‘�’ <0x744e5520>
25 02/11/18 7:34:39.460 Code:
1luup.call_action( “urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_FanOperatingMode1”, “SetMode”, { NewMode=“ContinuousOn” }, 50 )
<0x744e5520>
01 02/11/18 7:34:39.460 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::RunLua failed: luup.call_action( “urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_FanOperatingMode1”, “SetMode”, { NewMode=“ContinuousOn” }, 50 ) <0x744e5520>
35 02/11/18 7:34:39.472 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::GlobalPostProcessingRules start <0x744e5520>
02 02/11/18 7:34:39.472 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::RunAction device -1 action urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1/RunLua failed with 401/Code failed <0x744e5520>

OK. Either some special character is sneaking in there, or the Run Lua page is doing it’s bug thing, which I’ve seen on older firmware.

First, open up NotePad or some other plain-text editor, but specifically not MS Word or other word processing type of app. We need something text-only. Paste the code there for safe keeping. In the process, this will also either drop any special character that snuck in, or perhaps make it visible with some kind of mark.

Then, go back to the Vera dashboard. Make sure no other tabs are open with your Vera, just the one. Do a CTRL-F5 or whatever your browser needs for a cache-flush refresh of the page.

Then go back to Apps > Develop apps > Test Luup code and try copy-pasting the code back from the text editor.

Okay. I tried what you said, but still no luck, then I removed each and every space from the code and… SUCCESS.
Now, how do I turn lua into saved scene? :slight_smile:

I have to step away from the PC for a minute. Thanks very much for your help thus far!

Well done! But it is not yet time for a smoke! But we’re close…

In your scene, when you get through to the summary screen where you set the scene name and have a “Finish” button, you’ll see on the list above “Also execute the following Luup code:”. Click below that where it probably says “No luup code defined” and it will take you into an editor where you can paste your Luup code. Add the following very important line at the end: [tt]return true[/tt]

The return line tells Luup whether it should continue to execute the scene or not. Scene Lua runs before the other steps of the scene, and if the Lua returns false, the rest of the scene won’t run. This is a feature that is meant to let you program your own conditions (for example, if it’s not night-time, don’t do anything). Explicitly returning true will make sure the rest of your scene runs reliably.

Just got back. So get this, I pasted my revised code, without spaces, into the scene and it errored out. I added the spaces back in and voila, it worked.
So what I am trying to do is build one scene that runs the HVAC fan for 1 hour. My intent was to use this when I’m cooking in my small condo. I usually turn the air on manually and then forget to turn it off - waste of $$.

To accomplish this, I created two scenes, one to turn the fan on and one to turn it off, but when I tried to create a third scene that triggers HVAC Fan On, waits for an hour and then triggers Turn HVAC Off, I realized that I can’t use a scene to trigger other scenes 8-/

A quick Google search tells me that if I learn some luup code, I can probably write a single script that will turn on the fan, wait, then turn it back to auto. It’s a bummer, because if the plug in worked as expected, I could simply use a scene to call the Honeywell device to turn on the fan, add the delay, then call the same device again and turn it off. Then again, I suppose the behind the “scenes” activity is all luup anyway - lol.

There’s also a hidden danger in that approach: if Luup restarts in the interval between when you turn the fan on and your delay calls for the fan to turn off, it will never run the delayed “off” group of your scene. That’s a HUGE bummer in the way Vera has implemented scenes.

There are some alternatives out there for doing what you need. PLEG is certainly one, and will serve many masters as your automation needs/imagination grows, although it’s large and the learning curve can be a bit steep. There are a lot of people that know it well, though, and the author is very active and helpful here, so that’s the route I’d go. And it should take your Lua directly, without the need to create scenes to wrap it.

Noted.

Maybe I’ll switch to Nest. Can anyone confirm it works reliably and can control the fan from a scene?

Error code 4 - Cannot connect anymore, changed password, added a new device, uninstalled and re-installed. Always the same error. Going directly on the Honeywell TCC site everything works. Please help?

HONEYWELL TOTAL CONNECT COMFORT STATUS (UI5):
RefreshStatus
Last Authorization
Attempt Tue, Mar 06, 05:21:35 PM
Authorization Status Unsuccessful. Error code 4
Next Authorization Attempt Tue, Mar 06, 05:26:35 PM

HONEYWELL TOTAL CONNECT COMFORT LOGIN CREDENTIALS:

Username guy.m.cyr@gmail.com
Login
Password ******** (1 cap, 7 letters and 1 number)

Interface TCC

Hi,

Can someone tell me where to get the latest plugin?

I am using the one from the “apps” in UI7 and the “ModeState” variable does not change from Idle, and am hoping this has been fixed?

thanks.

I cannot get ModeState to change, it stays at Idle even though the AC is running. Any help would be appreciated.

I am not sure I have the latest, it seems there’s no place to get the latest files, so I installed the version from apps and then searched this forum backwards looking for updates… not exactly a great solution.

I think that is the only way to do it now. I’m not sure this plug in is maintained any longer.

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a reliable way to simply determine if the AC is running (“acitvly cooling”) or not? It appears that ModeState in this plugin does not work, it stays stuck at Idle.

thanks

Not sure this will help. I send an alert via VeraMate alerts in PLEG using Vera Alerts based upon the fan state device variable (no plug-in). Attached is my status report.

Hi all,

I found, I think, my problem, it’s the refresh time. The min allowed refresh time was 300 seconds, which is a long time I think. I tried to lower it but the code prevents that, so I modified the code to allow for a minimum refresh of 10 seconds. This seems to work, now I can see the status change within a much more reasonable amount of time.

==> Is there a reason why the refresh default is so high and cannot be something like 10 seconds?

My objective here is to turn on a mid-pressure misting system to mist my A/C coils only when: the A/C is actually running, the outside temp is above a certain threshold and the outside humidity is below a threshold (no sense in misting when it’s humid out or even raining) . I can put all of that together with PLEG.

Hi guys,

I’ve been using this plugin for a while with my thermostats and it mostly works great, however lately it’s been throwing error code 5 every so often.

Anyone know what error code 5 is? What’s the best way to debug it if it’s not something common?

Thanks

Thanks @mikee for fixing the Fan Issue. - I had the exact same issue yesterday and searching though these threads I found this post.
I downloaded the new lua file and uploaded it to my Vera and bingo… I now have control over the Fan! Yay!
@mikee fantastic job on this plugin. It’s absolutely awesome!
I am a newbie to Vera and Luup snippets etc. But as a programmer by trade I am picking it up fast.
This is all so powerful!

This plugin looks like I would be able to use my existing thermostat. Thanks for writing this and making it available.

Which Vera controller would you recommend? I want to monitor doors and windows and switch off AC on a Honeywell thermostat if any windows or doors are open.

Also, is there a plug in for Fujitsu split air AC units?

Does the Vera hub have to be on the same LAN as the thermostats for the plugin to create the devices? I installed the PI on a VeraPlus test box to try it out before deploying. The test box is not on the LAN with the thermostats. Login to TCC is successful and the PI reports thermostats found, but none are populated on the status page and no devices are created. I’ve reloaded the engine and even rebooted the VeraPlus. Also uninstalled the plugin and started over. Same results. Thermostats (2 ea.) are Honeywell RTH6580WF. Thanks.

I guess the Broadlink plugin should work. It interfaces with the Broadlink IR sender, which can send AC controller signals.
Best to look for that plugin and ask there.

I don’t think the plugin has anything to do with the actual unit. It interfaces directly with the Honeywell website.
For some stupid reason, Honeywell has different formats for different countries. I know that if you are in Australia it probably wont detect any thermostats as we are slightly different again for some reason. Most other devices that interface with the TCC website don’t work for Australia either. Last I checked IFTTT didn’t. You can register your thermostat as if you lived in the US but then your times and weather are wrong.

Mine works in Australia but only because ages ago the interface was different and Vera could detect it. If I do any searches now it doesn’t get discovered. I’m very grateful for backups otherwise I’d lose the functionality.