PLUGIN: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostats

Not sure if the fix is intended for the Edge.
Download the zip file with the fix and unzip it on your local drive. Next go to your VeraPlus, select Apps and then Develop Apps. Now see an option to upload files. Select this and select the unzipped files from your local drive. That should do the trick

Well, I was suffering from late night frustration having arrived again at a cold ski house. brain was numb. That’s my excuse. I have a Plus, not an Edge (two of them, actually, with 7.31). Unzipped the fix, uploaded it, everything is back to working fine. Thank you!

1 Like

Worked for me too, Thanks!!! Last month’s power bill was higher than it should have been because of this little issue.

Thank you, worked for me.

Thanks so much for the update. I’m on a Vera Edge with EMEA and the latest firmware and it’s working fine for me. I’m in Australia and for some reason we use EMEA as well

Thank you! I was ready to delete the Honeywell module from Vera, but your fix saved me!

@rigpapa, just wanted to thank you for updating the Honeywell plugin.

v L_Honeywell_rigpapa-2020-02-17 did the trick for me, here in the United States with TCC.

My plugin stopped working a couple weeks ago, and I just assumed it was my Vera unit acting up. I was about to scrap the whole thing and start over with another system when I decided to give the forums another look.

Vera really needs to get their act together. People like you are putting band-aids on this dying product, which is a shame. You deserve to be paid and their customers deserve a more stable product.

I upgraded to 7.31 and upon reboot of the vera the Honeywell login wouldn’t work… error code 4. Thankfully uploading the files from the zip file file a few dozen posts earlier worked. Thanks for that.

Here we go again… Updated, Honeywell no longer working.
HNYWL TCC: Honeywell thermostat user authentication failed. Check Setup

Firmware: 1.7.5186 (7.31)

Anyone have any thoughts…possible solutions. hopefully???

My Evohome is still working fine. I’m using the EMEA connection and I didn’t upgrade to the latest firmware so am still on 7.0.31 on Vera plus.
Did you check your access using the regular honeywell website to check your password (just to be sure)

I’m having the same trouble. I have updated it, updated password, checked website profile, used the thermostat with no relief on the vera app. I haven’t tried removing the app and re-adding.

I had the same issues as others with the newest firmware from Vera. I updated the files provided by @rigpapa in post 771: L_HoneywellLib_legacy.zip. This resolved the issue for me.

1 Like

I’ll try this later. Thanks

Uploading the previous mentioned files worked like a champ for me. All 3 units are working quickly through the Vera. I did have to put the setting to TCC as I had switched to EMEA as suggested on another post.

QUESTION: When I try to change the unit temp, it wants to go in increments of .5, not full temp values. Is there a way to make the devices go up and down in temp as a full value of 1 increment vs the .5 by default?

@ShawnInFL, I’ve always wondered about the .5 myself. I have dug through some files before to not find what I’m looking for. I wonder if this is limited by Honeywell’s API or the plugin? I’m not sure.

The updated lua files did fix the problem @polskikrol. Thanks for pointing out a solution back in the thread multiple times. I was being a sheep and complaining, lol.

I can confirm it worked for me on a Vera Edge running 1.7.5185 and pulling up thermostats from TCC

I have the same experience with my 5 thermostats getting error code 4. Did all the things you did. Did you ever get your thermostats connected to the app.

Hello! Is anyone successfully using this plugin, or getting TCC devices working any other way, with the new ezlo hubs?

Yes they work by using VOI. So no plugin needed. I have only tested increasing/decreasing the temperature.

Thanks very much to @Pabla for the pointer and to @Rigpapa for the updated files, I now have my Honeywell Total Connect plugin working on my VeraPlus, properly communicating changes to the mytotalconnectcomfort.com website, through my RedLink adapter, and on to my CTK04 thermostat. Works great for Heat, Cool, and Off modes…

However, for the Auto changeover setting, the thermostat device created by the plugin in Vera offers only a single temperature setting. Whereas the thermostat and website offer separate cool and heat temperature setpoints. Am I missing something?

I completely deleted the original plugin and device, reinstalled its latest 2.4 version afresh, then overwrote those files with the ones from the Rigpapa zip. I hope that’s the proper procedure.

Thanks,
Greg