PLUGIN: RGB Controller (UI5 & UI7) - V1.41

Hello,

The Aeotec RGBW Bulb (and Zipato) does not handle animations by it-self. I’ve implemented just the transition between colors, by changing slowly the color by steps.
This way of doing is limited by the Z-Wave network, that’s why the transition between two colors can’t be less than one second (otherwise the network would be overloaded).
The animations for the Fibaro or Hyperion are directly handled by the device it-self. So it’s much more smoother.
However, adding some basic animations on the Aeotec or Zipato, is not so hard to do. I’ve planned to add this feature on the next release (with the possibility of add your own animations)

I think you just switch on or off the RGB Controller (or the bulb) in your scenes. You should use advanced mode in scenes and you will be able to set the color of the bulb.

Vosmont, I was playing with scenes to cycle through different colors and my results were “choppy” at best.

However, I did come across the following in the online manual for the bulb (under the advanced functions section).
[url=http://aeotec.com/z-wave-led-lightbulb/1511-led-bulb-manual.html]http://aeotec.com/z-wave-led-lightbulb/1511-led-bulb-manual.html[/url]

[font=trebuchet ms]Example:
If you set the parameter 38 to 801(0x00000321 in hexadecimal), the colour will be changed from Red to Orange and then Orange to Yellow circularly(Red→Orange→Yellow→Red).[/font]

So it appears that the bulb will do transitions without Vera sending multiple commands.

How to do that is beyond me at this point though.

Jmarken

OK Thanks,
I haven’t seen this doc before (I’m not sure it was in the packaging).

There’s a note on enabling security encryption. Should resolve the red message about Security Classes on the Vera.

I will test the color transition commands.

These advanced functions of the Aeotec are for color cycles. It does not work for transition between colors (ie between the former color and the color you choose).

But… it works well for smooth animations :wink: (Rainbow or strobe by exemple).

I’ve got still the error message “Please wait! Getting secure classes”, even with the described procedure.
Is it the same for you ?

[quote=“vosmont, post:24, topic:187690”]I’ve got still the error message “Please wait! Getting secure classes”, even with the described procedure.
Is it the same for you ?[/quote]

I have 4 bulbs and the very first one that I added did perform the “secure pairing” and I don’t get the error message on that one. I seem to remember that when I powered it on at first the bulb was cycling through colors (rainbow), then I put the Vera into “include” mode and after the pairing was complete the bulb showed blue for a second or two until it turned to white.

However, the other bulbs didn’t follow that same pattern. They showed white when first powered on. Perhaps I need to remove and re-add them again to test that.

On the topic of animations, that’s exactly what I’m looking for. Can you share how you activated one of them? The example showed how to set Red> Orange> Yellow> Red> etc. And I think I can modify that to fit what I’m looking for.

I just don’t know how to send this command through either a scene, luup command, or any other method.

And I guess, I wasn’t thinking about transitions from color 1 to color 2 and staying at color 2, however that would be a really neat feature.

Perhaps, capturing the current color, desired color to transition to, adding them together in hexidecimal, sending it to the bulb and then instructing the bulb to stop once it’s to the desired color?

But for now, just activating the animations will be perfect for me.

Hints? :smiley:
Jmarken

You have to get the Z-Wave node id of your bulb (mine is 49).

Then use this code :

-- Rainbow fast
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1", "SendData", {Node = 49, Data = "0x70 0x04 0x25 0x04 0x01 0x00 0x05 0x05"}, 1)

-- Rainbow slow
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1", "SendData", {Node = 49, Data = "0x70 0x04 0x25 0x04 0x01 0x00 0x7F 0x7F"}, 1)

-- Color cycle like LPD (red ->blue - no white available)
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1", "SendData", {Node = 49, Data = "0x70 0x04 0x26 0x04 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x61"}, 1)
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1", "SendData", {Node = 49, Data = "0x70 0x04 0x25 0x04 0x42 0x00 0x00 0x00"}, 1)

Just select a color with the color wheel, to stop the animation

I will put this in the next release of the plugin.

Thanks for this!

Sorry for the noob question, but where do I enter the animation data in Vera 3? I gather this is under advanced tab but I’m slightly confused where exactly I never the luup codes ???

Vosmont, I was playing with scenes to cycle through different colors and my results were “choppy” at best.

However, I did come across the following in the online manual for the bulb (under the advanced functions section).
[url=http://aeotec.com/z-wave-led-lightbulb/1511-led-bulb-manual.html]http://aeotec.com/z-wave-led-lightbulb/1511-led-bulb-manual.html[/url]

[font=trebuchet ms]Example:
If you set the parameter 38 to 801(0x00000321 in hexadecimal), the colour will be changed from Red to Orange and then Orange to Yellow circularly(Red→Orange→Yellow→Red).[/font]

So it appears that the bulb will do transitions without Vera sending multiple commands.

How to do that is beyond me at this point though.

Jmarken[/quote]

crayonstory: if your Vera3 is on UI5 I can’t really help you. But on UI7 when you create a scene there is a Luup Code section that you can input additional code. Another option in UI7 is under the Apps section > Develop Apps > Test Luup Code (Lua). I’m assuming there should be similar options in UI5. I’m pretty sure that I ran across some of this documented somewhere for UI5 (check here maybe http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Scenes_Events).

Vosmont: Thanks for those snippets. I was able to figure out (kind of) how to build a scene for what I’m looking for.

What’s interesting though, is that of my 4 bulbs one of them won’t react to the luup calls. It is also the first one that I purchased and also doesn’t have the error message about “getting secure classes”. I’m 99% sure that I’ve got the correct node id. I got it from the ZWave Network “repair report” results and it works just fine with your plugin. The three others don’t have this problem.

I see some differences in the “capabilities” and “version” information under the advanced >variables section. I’m wondering if this might have something to do with the failure. I’ll email their support and see what’s up.

Thanks again for the plugin and your help
Jmarken

@crayonstory
As said jmarken, you can put LUA code in (UI5 and UI7)

• “Apps → Develop Apps → Test Luup Code (Lua)”
    Just for test
  • “Apps → Develop Apps → Edit Startup Lua”
    This code is executed at startup. Be careful and test it before saving.
  • In scenes in LUUP tab

I’m on holidays with my children… so I’m forbidden of coding during 2 weeks… ha ha ;D
I will test a new release of the plugin after.

@jmarken
you will find the Z-Wave node id in “Advanced” tab of the device, in “altid” attribute.

My Aeotec bulb has the error message about secure classes. But it works, although there are some lags (due to the Vera trying regularly to retrieve the secure classes).
I’ve noticed that the variable “capabilities” has no number with “S” (as other Z-Wave Plus devices), so I think there’s a problem between Vera and the Aotec bulbs.
I’m in touch with the support concerning this problem, but they tell me that they have no problem in their lab with this bulb.

Hello,
i use LUA script for animation.
Can I reduce the brightness? 100% is too bright.

Peter

A HUGE thank you Vosmont. This plug in works great. I’m using the Aeotec RGB LED, and aside from missing animations (which hopefully will show up with your next release) I can’t complain at all.

It does appear that with ANY input from either the warm or cool light LEDS - that is, having anything other than 0000 for the last digits in the color number - all the color LEDs are off. In other words, if I have either warm or cool LED on, no matter how much other color input I apply, there is no change in the color of the bulb. Is that a limitation of this particular model?

Thanks for the all the work on this plugin. Very important part of my automation.

[quote=“pucki, post:30, topic:187690”]Can I reduce the brightness? 100% is too bright.

Peter[/quote]

you can reduce the brightness with the main dimmer created by the Vera

Yes, this is a limitation of the Aeotec Bulb. Warm and cold white are priority. If you switch off the white channel, then the former color is back.

Here is a pre-version 1.33 with some animations for AEOTEC and ZIPATO Bulbs.

Just upload the file “L_RGBController1.lua” with UI.

the brightness of the animation is too bright

How’s that for a nice “thank you”. Geeez… I love it! Especially the LPD (I assume LAPD?) red and blue strobe. THAT will get your attention. I have that set for when someone breaks the IR beam at my front porch. Awesomeness!!!

On the AEOTEC, it seems that the dimmer created by the Vera has no effect on the brightness of the animations (but it works for solid color)

It’s a typo presents in animations of the Fibaro RGBW too.
I will fix that

Hi Vosmont,

Great plugin, really easy to use.

One thing I have found - To save power and prevent overheating, I turn off the DC supply to my Fibaro RGBW controller when not in use. I have set polling off so I avoid error messages. If I access the device from your plugin and change anything it kills my z-wave. This will notbe a problem as I wil be using scenes which will turn on the DC first but thought I should mention it.

I read earlier that animations come direct from the Fibaro but I am getting red & green crossed here. I have checked the wiring is R to R, G to G all through and all looks okay. I can only think it may be mis-labelled on the Fibaro or the LED strip. Not a problem as I will cross the wires to solve but I wondered if you had seen this before.