PLUGIN: RGB Controller (UI5 & UI7) - V1.41

It looks like the RGB Bulb remembers the last state (after run the animation program it goes back to the last state) but only the plugin stays “on”.

[quote=“vosmont, post:42, topic:187690”]Thank you for your returns :slight_smile:

What firmware have you ? I’ve noticed Z-Wave network freezes with last firmwares and unreachable devices (just with standard polling or orders), but I’m not sure for the moment.

[quote=“Slartibartfast, post:40, topic:187690”]First of all: What a great app! Thank you for your effort and time invested in this. It is really appreciated.

I have the same issue with the colors. Red becomes Blue, Green turns Red and Blue turns into Green. And as you have said above, I did check my wireing again, but everything is in the right place.
I am using a fibara RGBW controller btw icw a standard RGB led strip.

Any ideas to fix this problem.
I read earlier that animations come direct from the Fibaro but I am getting red & green crossed here.[/quote]
It should be a problem of wiring. With colors, you can use alias variables to correct an inverted connection but they won’t be used for internal animations.

I began to look at this feature. It will require a configuration by JSON (without graphical interface).[/quote]

vosmont, thank you for a great plugin.
I am on UI7 + Fibaro RGBW (plugin V 1.33 from app store).

My question is what is the correct way to add custom animation programm for Fibaro RGBW in your plugin?

Hello,

at the moment, it’s not possible to add custom internal animations for the Fibaro RGBW. This feature is not documented by the manufacturer.
I have planed to add custom animations by Z-Wave commands, but it won’t be as smoothly as internal animations.

For the moment I’m a bit busy on a rules engine for the Vera.

EDIT: I’ve asked directly to Fibaro how to do and will report here if there’s something new.

Update on the problem with red and green crossed. It turns out that the tape is actually labelled wrong. Actually printed wrongly direct on the tape. I have never known this before. Perhaps that’s why the tape was cheaper than normal.

[quote=“vosmont, post:64, topic:187690”]Hello,

at the moment, it’s not possible to add custom internal animations for the Fibaro RGBW. This feature is not documented by the manufacturer.
I have planed to add custom animations by Z-Wave commands, but it won’t be as smoothly as internal animations.

EDIT: I’ve asked directly to Fibaro how to do and will report here if there’s something new.[/quote]

Thx.
Can you write here Lua-code which you use to call the animation program on Fibaro RBGW?
How did you find this combination of commands? Have you got some secret information from Fibaro? :slight_smile:

Nothing magic :slight_smile: : just use the parameter 72, described in the notice

I just installed my Fibaro controller and RGB LED strip and all I can say is WOW!! This plugin is awesome!!

I notice that the Fibaro itself shows up as a “dimmable device” and the plugin also creates a “dimmable device”. Is there any difference as to which one of the dimmer devices is used as the master?

Also, it’s probably outside the scope of this plugin, but is there a way to expose the 4 inputs of the Fibaro controller as sensors in the Vera?

Thanks
-Ted

Hello tedp,

I’m not sure to understand your question.
The Vera creates 6 dimmers for the RGBW (main, all, red, green, blue, white).

The plugin “RGB Controller” creates a new device (not a dimmer), which is able to control the devices by the Vera for the Fibaro RGBW.
So I’m not sure that you really use the plugin :slight_smile:

For the inputs of the Fibaro, you have to set the Z-Wave parameters of the device. The plugin RGB Controller can not manage them and is not designed to do that.
Besides, if you choose to use inputN… you can not use the outputN in the same time (it’s how the Fibaro RGBW works).

[quote=“vosmont”]Hello tedp,

I’m not sure to understand your question.
The Vera creates 6 dimmers for the RGBW (main, all, red, green, blue, white).

The plugin “RGB Controller” creates a new device (not a dimmer), which is able to control the devices by the Vera for the Fibaro RGBW.
So I’m not sure that you really use the plugin :slight_smile:

For the inputs of the Fibaro, you have to set the Z-Wave parameters of the device. The plugin RGB Controller can not manage them and is not designed to do that.
Besides, if you choose to use inputN… you can not use the outputN in the same time (it’s how the Fibaro RGBW works).[/quote]
Thanks for the clarification. Since I installed the plug in at the same time as the Fibaro, I didn’t pay attention which device was created by Fibaro and which by the plug in. I’m sure I’m using the plugin since that’s where the color wheel is. It’s great! My strip is rgb, so based on what you said, technically I could use the empty “w” channel as a separate input. It might be easier to just get another device to serve that function though

Hello vosmont. Been enjoying your plugin. A couple of queries: the on/off switch that is part of the color wheel still uses the deprecated:

urn:upnp-org:serviceId:RGBController1 action: SetTarget

Are their plans to change that to:

urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1

I note also that if you don’t use one of the color channels - DeviceIdCoolWhite in my case - by leaving the channel at a blank selection; ie “-- Select a device --” that device 0 is switched on and off like so:

JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 0 service: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1 action: SetLoadLevelTarget <0x2add4000> 08 10/13/15 8:45:11.270 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument newLoadlevelTarget=0 <0x2add4000> 02 10/13/15 8:45:11.270 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest can't handle service: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1

Can the plugin please be altered to not issue any commands for an unused channel eg a channel that is nil or zero.

Hello,
thanks for your return a-lurker.

I will check that. I guess it’s for the type “RGBW Dimmers” ?

[quote=“vosmont, post:64, topic:187690”]Hello,

EDIT: I’ve asked directly to Fibaro how to do and will report here if there’s something new.[/quote]

The Fibaro support does not want to explain this feature (custom animations).
So, unless a user of the Fibaro HC is capable of finding the Z-Wave orders sent during the configuration of custom animations, it won’t be possible.

I am almost sure that it is made by COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC (0x72).

I’m having a lot of trouble getting my Aeon LED bulbs to work correctly with the plugin…

Running a Vera Lite, UI5 (1.5.622), I’ve added a LED bulb. Now the _Dimmable Light that gets created is actually complaining that it Failed at: Getting the version. However, it is working as a standard dimmable light, on off, percentages, all work fine.

Installing the RGB Controller and copying the D_RGBController1.xml and I_RGBController1.xml into the appropriate fields in the ‘Advanced’ tab, gives my a RGB controller that’s able to turn the bulb on/off, but nothing else. On the ‘Color wheel’ tab it complains 'The plugin is not configured. Please go to the Settings tab.

On the Settings tab, I get the error:

There has been a communication problem.

Please try to reopen this tab.

ERROR: Device does not handle service/action

So what’s best to do? Is the device just not paired properly or is this in issue with RGB Controller?

Hello jouked,

the plugin is not designed to replace the devices created by the Vera, but it controls these devices.

So you must not modify the initial device corresponding to your Aeotec Bulb (the dimmer).
Then you will be able to configure your instance of the RGB Controller, and control the dimmer created by the Vera.

If you want several RGB Controller, you will find a button “add another” in the tab “Apps”.

For your communication problem with the bulb, you have to associate it very near to the Vera, and you should put it in secure association mode before (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,31765.msg246078.html#msg246078).

Right, I understand what you mean. Reading back in this thread I can find some previous comments regarding similar issues.

I should set the deviceid in the rgbcontroller (advanced, variables) to the id from the dimmablelight. The variable deviceid is not visible in the Advanced tab. On thread page 1, someone noted the variable will only be visible after setting the device type in the settings tab. Clicking on the settings tab, I always get the following error:

There has been a communication problem.

Please try to reopen this tab.

{ “u:GetRGBDeviceTypesResponse”: { “retRGBDeviceTypes”: “0” } }

Regarding the secure association, I found you ran into the same issue yourself. I’ve added it to the vera several times, about 10cm from the bulb to make sure. Still not fully okay, so I’ll give some more tries…

How have you created the RGB Controller device ?
Normally, you just have to install the plugin from the “Apps” tab, and go to the “Setting” tab.

You should refresh your browser too (F5)

Thanks, your reply confirmed I wasn’t controlling anything the wrong way so it made me look into the installation details.

It turned out I had a wrong version of the json decoder installed. I used JSON4Lua 0.9.50, replaced that with 0.9.20, reloaded the plugin and it’s fine now, even though the secure pairing is still not okay. All RGB controls work now!

I’ve previously wrote a plugin which was dependent on json as well (which is why I ended up using the wrong version in the first place). If you want, I can explain how to make a specific version of json part of the automated install, might save some future hassle or conflicts over versions.

The plugin doesn?t work with firmware 7.0.12 (beta).

Can you detail the error ?

I’ve not planned to test the new firmware as my Vera is still not very stable since the last update.