17 Feb 2015
Bug Fix Release to Market Place
Fixed 95 Deg button

11 Feb 2015
Full Release for UI5

05 Feb 2015
Thanks to RexBeckett we now have button status

04 Feb 2015
Now states the current status of the kettle on the status label of the plugin - Currently a 5 second delay… this will be reduced after more testing.

RexBeckett for helping me figure out the button states logic
others too on the forum for pointing me in the right direction

Excellent, I look forward to it. Were you able to find a way around the issue of getting status updates from the ikettle? Seemed like a no-go from the ‘hacking the ikettle’ blog i read…

Ya… I get status updates no problem… But I am struggling with parsing these… But I’m nearly there… This coming week I’ll be happy to release a beta version for any to test

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

First set of beta files are up…

Second Beta Release is available
Also, released to the marketplace

I’m looking forward to trying your plugin, when I get time this weekend. Thanks for your efforts. :slight_smile:

Hope you like it… I hope today I can figure out the last bits to bring it release candidate status. Just need to figure out how I make the buttons change according to status

Please give me any feedback you can when testing.

New version up/// :wink:

I managed to get around to trying this plugin (with UI5). Thanks for making this!
It does most of the basics that I need (Boil & Off) plus some others that I’ve not tested yet (and unlikely to use day-to-day).
I am pleased to see that I can probably set up scenes with Advanced settings to set many other iKettle options (like temperature, warm-up, etc.), but I’ve not tried them yet.
The status in Vera updates nicely from “Kettle Idle” to “Boiling”. I notice that when it reaches temperature, the status changes briefly to “Kettle Busy”, before returning to Kettle Idle. I’m not sure why that is, or what it means. It is nice to see I can display this status text in HomeWave too, but I’d suggest removing the unnecessary Kettle prefix, so that it is simply Idle, Boiling, Busy.
I did try to set up a basic scene to trigger when “Device is boiling”, but unfortunately this didn’t trigger. Is that not implemented yet?
Great work so far.

Hey
Thanks for the full report. I’ve advanced greatly since this version. I’m excited by some of the changes I’ve made.
I have tidied things up and some nice icon states.

The kettle busy means that things are in an uncertain state… Because I poll the kettle for status… And this happens every 5secs. Future versions won’t need this. This is my first plugin so for now it provides for debug feedback.
I will make the kettle prefix optional.

Released Version 1!!

Hi. I uploaded 11 Feb release this evening. Seems to mostly work like the previous version did.
Boil and Off buttons highlighted to show status. :slight_smile:
95 degree temp says no implementation, but 65 and 100 seem to work OK. Might be nice if those buttons could remain highlighted until kettle finished boiling, so that it is clear what the set temperature is.
Although I uploaded the icons to /www/cmh/images , I’m not seeing those – I just get the generic circle. I’ve tried reloading, refreshing browser, and rebooting Vera, so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong there.
I retested scene trigger when boiling, but Vera still does not trigger. Will that be implemented in next release?
Many thanks.

Thanks for the feedback… Could delete the plugin and install it from the market place… I will fix the degrees buttons and scenes next

New Version In Marketplace

New UI7 Release

New update published to market today to include the layout fixes for the newest ui7 firmware

Hi,

Is it possible to use the iKettle status as a trigger within a scene? What I’m trying to do is when the kettle has finished boiling it triggers a scene that issue a TTS message (e.g. “kettle is boiled”) via my vox commando software. I’ve tried to do this using ‘device is stopped’ as the trigger but it seems to have no effect. Can you confirm if this is possible?

Thanks a mil

It’s not because I simply didn’t know how to… However I now know how and will release a version next week with the problem addressed

Awesome ;D

Thanks for this. Got the iKettle for my wife and she loves it. Did have 2 questions on the plug-in for UI7.

1. Everything works great from the browser in UI7 as far as on/off status and being able to set temp. However, the temp setting does not turn green to indicate what setting it is on. Boil is indicated, just not the temp, although clicking the temperature buttons does change it on the iKettle.

2. The plug-in cannot be controlled from the Vera mobile app for android. The device shows up, but the controls are not available. Not sure if that’s a function of the plug-in or the app.

Thanks again! I’d be glad to help with any testing.