Plugin version 1.80

Attached is a ZIP file of the latest version of the plugin. I’ve made numerous changes to the Lua and JS files which I believe will make the plugin much easier to maintain. I’ve added a number of fan devices. There are icons for the fan devices that will reflect the current state of the fan. Be aware that if you use the fan’s remote control in addition to controlling it via the plugin the icon and button states will be out of sync with hte actual state of the fan. That’s because right now the transceiver only transmits fan messages. It does not receive them so it will not update the displayed fan states in response to messages sent by the fan remote control.
I’ve also made some changes to a couple of existing devices. If you have added a Kangtai device you’ll need to modify its altid. Go to the device’s Advanced tab. In the Params tab you will see the altid parameter. The altid should start with LS/L5.B Modify this to be LS/L5.11, keeping the rest of the altid just as it was. Or you could just delete the device and add it back. Be sure to use the same device ID as before.
Likewise, if you have added a Sonof smart switch device, modify the beginning of the altid from L4/L4 to be LS/L4.0 again keeping the rest of the altid as it was.
Finally, devices used to control Somfy blinds will need to have the altid modified as well. Current altids for Somfy begin with WC/RFY0/. This needs to be changed to WC/RFY.0/
There are minor changes to many of the files so it’s best to just upload all the files except the icon files (.png files). So far I haven’t been able to add the plugin to the marketplace. So if you plan to add fan devices, copy the icons to /www/cmh/skins/default/img/devices/device_states. The easiest way to do this is to use WinSCP.

RFXtrxPlugIn1.80.zip (129.2 KB)

[quote=“tinman, post:1, topic:204845”]Attached is a ZIP file of the latest version of the plugin. I’ve made numerous changes to the Lua and JS files which I believe will make the plugin much easier to maintain. I’ve added a number of fan devices. There are icons for the fan devices that will reflect the current state of the fan. Be aware that if you use the fan’s remote control in addition to controlling it via the plugin the icon and button states will be out of sync with hte actual state of the fan. That’s because right now the transceiver only transmits fan messages. It does not receive them so it will not update the displayed fan states in response to messages sent by the fan remote control.
I’ve also made some changes to a couple of existing devices. If you have added a Kangtai device you’ll need to modify its altid. Go to the device’s Advanced tab. In the Params tab you will see the altid parameter. The altid should start with LS/L5.B Modify this to be LS/L5.11, keeping the rest of the altid just as it was. Or you could just delete the device and add it back. Be sure to use the same device ID as before.
Likewise, if you have added a Sonof smart switch device, modify the beginning of the altid from L4/L4 to be LS/L4.0 again keeping the rest of the altid as it was.
Finally, devices used to control Somfy blinds will need to have the altid modified as well. Current altids for Somfy begin with WC/RFY0/. This needs to be changed to WC/RFY.0/
There are minor changes to many of the files so it’s best to just upload all the files except the icon files (.png files). So far I haven’t been able to add the plugin to the marketplace. So if you plan to add fan devices, copy the icons to /www/cmh/skins/default/img/devices/device_states. The easiest way to do this is to use WinSCP.[/quote]

great work!

Hi @tinman just wanted to check with you if you have Github or something that you can use to share new versions of this plugin since attachments did not make it over from the old forum :wink:

@tinman , Thanks for the update, installed it and works fine. Nice to see this is app is still being maintained.

Hi, I have an RFXtrx433E on my Vera Edge and it works well controlling Ematronic blinds. I jus got an RFXtrx433XL so that I can also control Somfy with the one FW. I have connected the XL to the Vera and set up the coms port and the correct protocols but get no reaction from my blinds. Do I need to download new files from a new plug in? If so where do I get them? Thanks for your help.

Hello garethw1,
I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish but I would suggest you read the Somfy information in the user guide. You can only control Somfy blinds with one device. The user guide includes instructions on how to move control from one RFXtrx device to another. The latest version of firmware for the XL is 1037. You can find the user guide and all of the firmware versions (and the RFXflash utility) at the RFXCOM.com website. Just select the downloads tab.

Hi Tinman, where do I get the latest plugin? I don’t see the attachment. Thanks

I have recovered the attachment for @tinman. You should see it now.
Also, assigned him to the developers group.

1 Like

Thanks for that, I have it now.

Hi! After a upgrade to v 1.80 from 1.31 my Nexa smokedetectors suddenly not trigger my firescene anymore. If i revert to 1.31 again all works fine. If i delete them and add them again they pop up and seems to work but nothing happens if i trigger a firealarm. Even tried v1.50 and 1.61 with the same result.
Any suggestion to look for?

When running version 1.31, look at the advanced tab of the smoke detectors and let me know what the altid is. I don’t recall making any changes specific to smoke detectors but being able to look at a specific msg type and subtype may help to determine if there is some kind of problem.

This is how it looks with v 1.31

Mattias

I’ve not made any changes to the code that handles messages from smoke sensors. So you’re triggering a scene in response to a message from these smoke sensors? Perhaps you can turn on debug in the RFXtrx and capture a log file. There may be a clue in there as to what isn’t working.

Ok, I will do that, thanks for the help.

Mattias

Hello,
When I want to add a new Somfy device I got the following message : RFXtrx : CreateNewDevice: invalid arguments

The Id I set was : 655364
I have version 1.80 of course.

Vera is a veraplus 1.7.4453
Rfxtrx is 1025

I can still control my older blinds after adding the “.” in the alt id (WC/RFY.0/…) and rebooting the vera box.

What should I do?
Thanks

OK, I just tried that here and it looks like it may be a bug. I’ll look into it.

1 Like

Found a bug. I’ll have updated files tomorrow.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Two updated files in the attached ZIP file. The only changes are to fix a bug encountered when creating a Somfy RTS device and a display bug in the Temperature and Humidity Data tab.RFXtrxPlugIn1.82.zip (56.6 KB)

2 Likes

Works very well. Thank you! :grin: