Popp Z-Weather Wind and Weather Sensor

Has anyone tried the weather station from Popp?
I’ve got one, it was really easy to install but only temperature, humidity and ilumination sensors are working. The winds peed, air pressure and dew point sensors are not working. It seems those sensors don’t get properly configured.

Any suggestions on how to make it work?

Hi, as this is the only Z-Wave Wind sensor available in the market, it could be nice from Vera support to have a look at this product and include it as as standard device.

http://www.popp.eu/products/sensors/z-weather/

There was a review on vesternet that put me off buying that device…

Not the best

Initial setup requires 4hrs of charging which can be annoying if you have dedicated a time slot to set this up. The weather station only reports Luminance, Temperature and Humidity on Vera Edge.
The onboard capacitor only have enough power for 8 button clicks after which you have to wait for it recharge before you can continue any setup. Reports only at dawn, dust and if wind speed above a set value. The capacitor just does not have enough juice to do real time reports and it does not have an option to connect external power"

… I went with netatmo :slight_smile:

I absolutely agree with chris66.
Any idea when support for this device is being developed? Since there are still no other alternative options (z-wave) available, as far as I know.

[quote=“chris66, post:2, topic:189707”]Hi, as this is the only Z-Wave Wind sensor available in the market, it could be nice from Vera support to have a look at this product and include it as as standard device.

http://www.popp.eu/products/sensors/z-weather/[/quote]

I have a need for the Z-Weather… I can’t use the Qubino due to its use of 433 mhz sensors…

Vera should definitely support the Popp Z-Weather. It is a disappointment that they do not as yet.

However, the Z-Weather is a very poor weather sensor, if for no other reason than it’s mount. You cannot hope to get a reasonable wind reading when mounting the anemometer on the side of a building. See attached image.

I’m not a fan of the Netatmo either. Though is has a great aesthetic design, its accuracy is rather poor and it’s cost rises quickly after adding a wind gauge, rain gauge, and mounting bracket.

In fact, after adding all the accessories to a Netatmo, you’ve exceeded the price of a very accurate Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue and are starting to close in on the Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2(Wireless), widely regarded as one of the best and most accurate hobbyist weather stations made.

Why do the 433Mhz sensors prevent use of this? The USB module converts the 433 to z-wave.
That said, it probably is not compatable with Vera either but at least it does not appear to be limited by power.

[quote=“Slartibartfast, post:7, topic:189707”]Why do the 433Mhz sensors prevent use of this? The USB module converts the 433 to z-wave.
That said, it probably is not compatable with Vera either but at least it does not appear to be limited by power.[/quote]

Because there is such background interference in the 433 Mhz spectrum in my neighborhood that 433 Mhz sensors, remotes, and transceivers do not work reliably.

Ah, understood.

Is the popp z-weather already fully functionable on Vera? The wind sensor wasn?t working previously.