Possible bug (scene editing) - Luup code for scene (Vera Plus)

Hi,

Any news or information about when the new firmware will be available?

Thanks!

The new Firmware did NOT solve the issue for me.
:frowning:

You are running the latest version 1.7.3831

I have the same behavior with the latest firmware :frowning:

Wow, I have seen this a long time ago (about 10 versions ago) and thought it was fixed. How can something this simple, saving plain text and editing it, be so messed up? Is it related to the lzo compression of the user-json where these are stored?

I’m sorry to hear this, but if you’re convinced this is not some residual code from back when it was a bug, please submit tickets to our Customer Care team.

Sorin, by the way when I had this problem, I could actually read and edit the code on ALTUI so… It was really not a problem with the data itself until you would save it with UI7. It is a decoding issue.

I submitted a ticket to support a week and a half ago.
They responded quickly and told me to decode it using Base64decode.org, then replace the coded text with the decoded one in the scene.
I replied that I have 80 scenes, and that is a lot of work. It worked in the version I upgraded from, and it is a known issue that should have been resolved already. They replied that it had been reported to the development team, I haven’t heard back since.

This is obviously a decoding issue, and a bug.

Thanks, everyone for the reports.
I’m not saying it’s not a bug, but the fact that any new logged report, through Customer Care will raise the priority.

Is the new firmware solve this issue?

If anybody having this problem can send me some “broken” encoded Lua, I’d like to see if I can enhance LuaView to detect and fix it.

1 Like

After update ( 1.7.4001), I don’t have this problem. I use same code that was broken before.

Hi, thank you. For me it seems that the problem is solved with 1.7.4000.