Possible issue with iphone locator/ HouseModes

3 instances? Do you mean you run 3 instances of iphone locator? One for each phone? You may be causing conflicts that way. Maybe try running 1 instance and add 3 phones to it (it would require all phones to be on the same icloud account.)
The house mode plugin is very simple. I actually don’t use it since the lua code it runs is simplistic enough that I can run lua code in scenes instead.

I am not having any issues. with mine.

Yes, there are three instances. 3 different devices being tracked. I’ve been running like this for quite a while, and never had an issue. I suspect there are quite a few users that do it this way.

Hmm… I think there will be housemode conflicts between the different instances since they don’t coordinate: one instance maybe leaving and setting the house away and another may be coming back setting it home and vice versa. I could be wrong but I don’t see how this could work.

Maybe it’s the wording, but there is 1 plugin, and 3 devices.

IPhone Locator Plugin

Uninstall

Additional Information

App id :

Current Version:

Latest Version

Auto Update

This plugin has created the following devices:

#274 TimsIPhoneLocator

#275 JensIPhoneLocator

#282 GuestLocator

I’ve been running this for a few years, and never had an issue, aside when Google changed their API charging.

I don’t have this experience and it does look like you created 3 instances which I don’t see how it would work. The way I would do it is by installing only one instance and adding the three devices through the settings/icloud page. Only then will your iphone locator be toggling your housemode singlehandedly. That one instance will have child devices but only one master. Multiple instances should cause mode conflicts.

Not possible. The different devices have different iCloud logins. Even then, you wouldn’t be able to distinguish if one is home or away if they were all in the same device. Besides that, as I’ve said multiple times now, it worked for YEARS without issue.

I’m not sure why having multiple devices would be a problem. I have many devices that I have more than one of. I have multiple PLEG devices/instances off of a single plugin. The fact that the plug-in has a “Create Another” button, would indicate that this would be expected.

Hold on, I am rereading the plugin code, It could be smarter than I thought.

It has worked. I’m not going to argue the matter. I believe the HouseMode pariticpant works as an OR, not an AND operator. It would be the same if you used the built in Geofencing. It wouldn’t go into away mode if one user left, but the others didn’t.

You are right, it should work. Every instance runs a function on UI7 which scans through every parent and child devices for the participation and presence. I stand corrected.

I don’t think this is an issue with the iPhoneLocator instances. I think it’s something with the HouseModes plugin. Like I said in my email to Vera support, it works when coming home, just not when leaving. I’m just surprised no one else has seen it, or at least they haven’t reported it yet.

The iPhone locator does not use the house mode plugin… I also have a hard time understanding why they would be related. iPhone locator just sends a command directly to the vera to change house mode. Unless your house mode plugin changes it back… So no I have never seen any of these problems.

You are correct on that one. I’m not talking about the plug-in per say, I’m talking about the native House modes.

I confirm, IPhonelocators work in groups together ( only the devices for which the participate in house mode checkbox is selected ). so it should work;
to know more → enable DEBUG and get the logs

I’ll put it in debug now, so I’ll have logs for tonight when I get home, and tomorrow morning when I leave.

Actually, it looks like it’s already in debug mode. How do I export the logs?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Vera Geofencing Problem

We began having this issue back in April of this year. In speaking with Johnny from Vera support over the course of April and May, it is a known issue and they were “working on a fix”. As it has been 6 months, I assume they are not really working on it.

I’m sure his name is Johnny…

Seriously, I’ve tried contacting Vera on this, and a few other issues and I’ve gotten no response from them. I have another issue that is two years old now, that they promised was in development, and nothings been done on.

Kind of hard to automate things when their software doesn’t work properly.

Hi,

I have been having similar issues with Home Modes using iPhone locator plugin. I am also using 2 devices created from plugin.

My issue is that modes completely fail to change when at home or away.

Initially I thought it was down to incorrect iPhone being used in apple location services (recent new phones for Wife and myself)

Location services are definitely using correct phones.
Even toggling home and away switch in plugin fails to change home mode ( this always used to change home mode regardless of phones location.

I’m completely at a loss as to why modes are no longer working.

Out of interest has anyone managed to get home modes working by using the Vera phone app alone?
This has never worked as I’d expected. I assumed that by having the app installed on phone with geofence set and by ticking the the 2 check boxes at the bottom of the home modes section then it should work.