Possible issue with iphone locator/ HouseModes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Vera Geofencing Problem

We began having this issue back in April of this year. In speaking with Johnny from Vera support over the course of April and May, it is a known issue and they were “working on a fix”. As it has been 6 months, I assume they are not really working on it.

I’m sure his name is Johnny…

Seriously, I’ve tried contacting Vera on this, and a few other issues and I’ve gotten no response from them. I have another issue that is two years old now, that they promised was in development, and nothings been done on.

Kind of hard to automate things when their software doesn’t work properly.

Hi,

I have been having similar issues with Home Modes using iPhone locator plugin. I am also using 2 devices created from plugin.

My issue is that modes completely fail to change when at home or away.

Initially I thought it was down to incorrect iPhone being used in apple location services (recent new phones for Wife and myself)

Location services are definitely using correct phones.
Even toggling home and away switch in plugin fails to change home mode ( this always used to change home mode regardless of phones location.

I’m completely at a loss as to why modes are no longer working.

Out of interest has anyone managed to get home modes working by using the Vera phone app alone?
This has never worked as I’d expected. I assumed that by having the app installed on phone with geofence set and by ticking the the 2 check boxes at the bottom of the home modes section then it should work.