Problem or issues reports

If you have any problems or issues with the plug in let me know in this topic.

Cheers Rene

Hi Reneboer,

When attempting to configure the plugin, I’m getting a scrolling bar and the text “Loading activities from Harmony Hub” on the activities tab for quite some time, >1 hour. I’ve done the basics: check IP, username, password, multiple installs both locally and remotely while refreshing browser/UI and clearing cache from IE, chrome, and safari. Also, my link status is listed as “OK”. When calling

:3480/data_request?id=lr_Harmony&cmd=list_activities

the return is

[string “-- Module L_Harmony1.lua…”]:591: attempt to call field ‘decode’ (a nil value)

Any ideas? I’m running UI5 - 1.5.622 with plugin 2.6.

Also, A big THANKS for everything you’ve done on this plugin!
Matt

Upgraded to UI7 and that fixed it.

Hi eematt,

I know it is because a file called dkjson.lua may have been missing from your UI5 system. It is there by default on UI7. I attached a version that should fix this.

Update: V2.7 has this fixed, so removed attachement.

Cheers Rene

Several days ago my Harmony Hub plug in, stopped activateing my watch tv activity, Vera Plus turns on my lamp in my good morning scene but not the watch tv. When I go to settings it gives me a do not see device messag. I can not figure out how to fix this.

Hi Cfreeleand,

On the plugin panel, can you turn on the TV activity there? Did you change anything on the Harmony causing the activity ID to change? If you have a look at the Activities settings, does the watch TV activity?

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer, post:6, topic:191192”]Hi Cfreeleand,

On the plugin panel, can you turn on the TV activity there? Did you change anything on the Harmony causing the activity ID to change? If you have a look at the Activities settings, does the watch TV activity?

Cheers Rene[/quote]
When I attempt turning on at panel nothing happen every, and when I go to the Activity or Device tab I get a error #32 device not found. I have not changed anything on the Harmon. Not sure what you are asking on last line?

[quote=“Cfreeland, post:7, topic:191192”][quote=“reneboer, post:6, topic:191192”]Hi Cfreeleand,

Cheers Rene[/quote]
When I attempt turning on at panel nothing happen every, and when I go to the Activity or Device tab I get a error #32 device not found. I have not changed anything on the Harmon. Not sure what you are asking on last line?[/quote]
Are you sure the IP address of the Hub has not changed and is still correct on your Vera.?

Cheers Rene

yes just checked and IP address is the same.

Hi, there seems to be an issue with the IP communication between the Hub and Vera. Can you control the Hub with the phone app? What version of the plugin do you have? 2.7 is the latest from the App Market.

Can you look in the /tmp/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log file for possible error messages for the plugin? If you do not see any, reload the Luup engine to see if there is an issue at startup. Last resort would be posting your log file here so I can try and see. Do make sure it includes a reload.

Cheers Rene

Hi,

I am setting up the Harmony plugin on my openLuup instance and I am unable to ‘save changes’ from any of the tabs – they all result in a spinning arrow dialog box with no text that never dismisses. I tried first with the settings tab with no luck, then I tried passing all the settings info via the startup.lua and that populates correctly and I can then see Hubs info in the activities and devices tabs, but clicking on ‘save changes’ there results in the same spinning dialog. The only log error thrown on startup is:

ls: cannot access /etc/cmh-ludl/D_HarmonyDevice5_.: No such file or directory

… but I presume this is because I do not have any devices setup yet.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom,

For openLuup you have to start with a fresh set of files for the plugin you pull from Git Hub [url=https://github.com/reneboer/vera-Harmony-Hub]https://github.com/reneboer/vera-Harmony-Hub[/url].

You cannot start with the set of files copied from your Vera as those get changed on the first run.

Let me know if this does not help.

Cheers Rene

Hi all,

I am happy to report that this is resolved for the moment. It turns out that the Harmony Hub plugin required that the Docker container I have running openLuup/AltUI be set for networking ‘host’ mode. My next step is to try and figure out why it only works with host mode and ideally configure the container to support it without the host mode setting. I’ll post my findings in the event that I get it sorted out.

Thanks,
Tom

Harmony hub plugin has been installed for a year or so and working fine, now Vera cannot communicate with the hub. Gives an error:
Harmony Control : CMD: Failed sending command get_config to Harmony Hub - errorcode=423, errormessage=Failed to connect to Harmony Hub
I un-installed and re-installed with no change. Currently have “Syslog server IP Address:Port” set to 5222 – this may be incorrect.
I can communicate with the hub via smart phone, so the IP address is correct.
Any ideas?

Hi

I just got a VeraPlus (upgrade from vera 3 on UI5) and have installed the plugin. Things were fine on the vera 3 but not on the plus. It is communicating with the hub to some degree as activities are loaded, but it is not showing the current activity and if I try and start one I get an error like this:

Harmony Control : CMD: Failed sending command start_activity to Harmony Hub - errorcode=100, errormessage=Continue

Any ideas?

[quote=“garywilsey, post:14, topic:191192”]Harmony hub plugin has been installed for a year or so and working fine, now Vera cannot communicate with the hub. Gives an error:
Harmony Control : CMD: Failed sending command get_config to Harmony Hub - errorcode=423, errormessage=Failed to connect to Harmony Hub
I un-installed and re-installed with no change. Currently have “Syslog server IP Address:Port” set to 5222 – this may be incorrect.
I can communicate with the hub via smart phone, so the IP address is correct.
Any ideas?[/quote]
Hi,

Have you tried to switch the hub on and off, mine does go into a weird state every few months? Syslog server is only for error logging and has no influence on the connection to the hub. What is the version of the plug in you have?

Cheers Rene

[quote=“Borat, post:15, topic:191192”]Hi

I just got a VeraPlus (upgrade from vera 3 on UI5) and have installed the plugin. Things were fine on the vera 3 but not on the plus. It is communicating with the hub to some degree as activities are loaded, but it is not showing the current activity and if I try and start one I get an error like this:

Harmony Control : CMD: Failed sending command start_activity to Harmony Hub - errorcode=100, errormessage=Continue

Any ideas?[/quote]
Hi,

The error message is one that comes from the Hub directly and not sure what it means. Can you set the error logging to debug and see what you find in the log file? Have you tried to switch the Hub off and on?

Please let me know.

Cheers Rene

I am getting the same error, vera seems to detect my activities as it adjusts my hue bulbs as per the scene but I get the error: Harmony Control: CMD: Failed sending command get_config to Harmony Hub - errorcode=423, errormessage=Failed to connect to Harmony Hub.

My IP address is correct and when I try to load the harmony control activities or devices settings it just hangs with the Please wait… progress bar.

I am on the latest version of the plugin 2.7 but was experiencing this error on 2.6 which prompted me to update.

I have tried cycling the hub’s power.

Edit: I think 2.7 made it worse. Link status says “ok” on harmony control settings but it does not detect activities anymore and will not change activity at all. This sucks. I tried rebooting vera and cycling hub power, now I will try uninstalling plugin and reinstalling.
Edit2: Reinstall does not fix it.
Edit3: Got it working again, I re-entered my email and password, it looked exactly the same so I am pretty sure it wasn’t entered wrong, not sure what happened?
Edit4: Now I get this error: Harmony Control : CMD: Failed sending command get_config to Harmony Hub - errorcode=503, errormessage=Unknown Harmony response
Edit5: Fingers crossed, everything seems to have sorted itself out and is working at the moment. phew.

Having a minor issue with the Harmony app.
Whenever Vera runs an “activity” that is already active, I get an error from the system.
Mainly when running “Power Off” when the Hub already thinks everything is off.
The blue overhead status bar says “Harmony Control: CMD: Failed sending command start_activity to Harmony Hub - errordoce=503, errormessage=Unknown Harmony response”

I have a script which turns everything off when leaving the house. I added the harmony activity “Power Off” to shut off the TV and Amp just in case they were left on.
However most of the time they are already off, so I get this error message that doesn’t go away until I run another activity.

Fortunately, this does not prevent the activity from running again anyway.
I tested by manually turning on the TV with it’s remote, and the Harmony hub does turn it off again, regardless of this error or how many times I run it, so it’s really more of a cosmetic annoyance.

[quote=“Hutchca, post:19, topic:191192”]Having a minor issue with the Harmony app.
Whenever Vera runs an “activity” that is already active, I get an error from the system.
Mainly when running “Power Off” when the Hub already thinks everything is off.
The blue overhead status bar says “Harmony Control: CMD: Failed sending command start_activity to Harmony Hub - errordoce=503, errormessage=Unknown Harmony response”

I have a script which turns everything off when leaving the house. I added the harmony activity “Power Off” to shut off the TV and Amp just in case they were left on.
However most of the time they are already off, so I get this error message that doesn’t go away until I run another activity.

Fortunately, this does not prevent the activity from running again anyway.
I tested by manually turning on the TV with it’s remote, and the Harmony hub does turn it off again, regardless of this error or how many times I run it, so it’s really more of a cosmetic annoyance.[/quote]
Hi, What version of the plugin are you running and on what version of Vera? I had this on an older version, but have nor seen it for a long time.

Cheers Rene