Programming Sonos to "start and stop" with my Elk Alarm system

I put these three luup codes below in my scene and they are not working.

Step 1.Trigger is: When I disarm my Elk Alarm System.
Step 2.Device Actions: Turn on 2 lights and unlock 2 doors
Step 3. Also, execute the following Luup code:
luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1”, “Say”,
{Text=“Welcome home. I hope you had a good time and a safe journey.”, Language=“en-CA”, GroupZones=“ALL”,
Volume=65, SameVolumeForAll=“true”},
48)
luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:AVTransport”, “Stop”, {}, 48)
return luup.is_night() == true

The Say command works as usual but the Sonos Stop command does not…
The return luup.is_night() == true did not work.
Seems likely only one luup code is working…

What I want the Scene to do (via luup or with addition device commands perhaps run in the Advanced Editor?)
is when I Disarm my Elk Alarm system play the Welcome Say command and turn off the Sonos radio station I had playing from when I left the house.
Also only turn on the light when it is night time plus unlock my 2 entry doors.
Seems like I can do it without Pleg…
All the codes work individually in other Scenes I have created except the luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:AVTransport”, “Stop”, {}, 48)
which seems like the perfect code posted in a thread by Z-Waver.

Also
When programming the Arm House Seen:
I am trying to use the advanced editor with a 30" delay after the Say Command to play a radio station.

Step 1.Trigger is: When I Arm my Elk Alarm System.
Step 2.Device Actions: Turn on 2 lights and unlock 5 doors
Step 3. Also, execute the following Luup code:
luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1”, “Say”,
{Text=“Good Bye I will protect your house. I hope you hacve a safe journey.”, Language=“en-CA”, GroupZones=“ALL”,
Volume=65, SameVolumeForAll=“true”},
48)
How do I get Sonos from the say.mp3 to a radio station by itself?
Seems like it would work in advanced editir but I can’t find the right Play URI for the station.
I have tried many ways…
This one works in Sonos Player PAge URI Dropdown…but the x-sonosapi-stream is not a drop down option in the advanced editor under Sonos.

x-sonosapi-stream:s22368?sid=254&flags=8224&sn=0

Hope you can help!

From my basic knowledge, there is no stop command for sonos, the correct command is pause, here is a list of commands from another interface to sonos that i have

play
pause
playpause (toggles playing state)
volume (parameter is absolute or relative volume. Prefix +/- indicates relative volume)
groupVolume (parameter is absolute or relative volume. Prefix +/- indicates relative volume)
mute / unmute
groupMute / groupUnmute
togglemute (toggles mute state)
seek (parameter is queue index)
trackseek (parameter is in seconds, 60 for 1:00, 120 for 2:00 etc)
next
previous
state (will return a json-representation of the current state of player)
favorite
playlist
lockvolumes / unlockvolumes (experimental, will enforce the volume that was selected when locking!)
repeat (on/off)
shuffle (on/off)
crossfade (on/off)
pauseall (with optional timeout in minutes)
resumeall (will resume the ones that was pause on the pauseall call. Useful for doorbell, phone calls, etc. Optional timeout)
say
queue
clearqueue

[quote=“lloydshearer, post:2, topic:193836”]From my basic knowledge, there is no stop command for sonos, the correct command is pause, here is a list of commands from another interface to sonos that i have

play
pause
playpause (toggles playing state)
volume (parameter is absolute or relative volume. Prefix +/- indicates relative volume)
groupVolume (parameter is absolute or relative volume. Prefix +/- indicates relative volume)
mute / unmute
groupMute / groupUnmute
togglemute (toggles mute state)
seek (parameter is queue index)
trackseek (parameter is in seconds, 60 for 1:00, 120 for 2:00 etc)
next
previous
state (will return a json-representation of the current state of player)
favorite
playlist
lockvolumes / unlockvolumes (experimental, will enforce the volume that was selected when locking!)
repeat (on/off)
shuffle (on/off)
crossfade (on/off)
pauseall (with optional timeout in minutes)
resumeall (will resume the ones that was pause on the pauseall call. Useful for doorbell, phone calls, etc. Optional timeout)
say
queue
clearqueue[/quote]
I did not see an answer to your question.
Yes, Sonos does have a “Stop”. It has both “Pause” and “Stop”. as noted below:
“Pause” will pause the current song and resume at the same place with a “Play” command.
“Stop” will stop the music and resume from the queue with the next “Play” command.
A stop, Pause or Play can be issued with the following code:
luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:MediaNavigation1”, “Stop”, {}, SonosID)
or
luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:AVTransport”, “Stop”, {}, SonosID)

Although this topic is old, I felt a reply would be good as is it is a topic I found looking for something else.

Tom

Hi @Lloydshearer

Have a look at using the Sonos Http API with Vera (rather than the TTS within the sonos plugin) - assuming it is TTS you need, if the messages are fixed you could pre-record and save as an .mp3

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,49618.0.html

I have this Amazon Polly set up with my DSC Alarm Panel, so when the alarm is triggered it makes a number of notifications etc.

Thanks for your reply but after reading through the thread i dont have the skills to set it up…yet…
:slight_smile:
I would like to create my own mp3 Say Commands plus even use other famous voices for events. I do own a Netgear and Seagate NAS. Having the Say Commands cached on them looks like a great idea. If anybody can post a “TTS for Dummies” version that would be awesome. Currently using Responsive Voice via Sonos. I have integrated my Elk Alarm ssystem.