Pushover use

Obviously not that obvious to me :sweat_smile: That did the trick, both token and userkey. Thnx!

This info was also in the CHANGELOG file for the branch, and the documentation (linked from the Tools tab and in context in various places). I try to be good about keeping these up to date with my work.

https://www.toggledbits.com/static/reactor/docs/3.9/Notify-Action/#pushover

WTF, I checked your docs (not the change log) and pushover wasn’t mentioned yet. Are the docs depending on the version of reactor (stable /master)? IOW was I looking in the master docs?

Correct! That’s why I mentioned using the link from the Tools tab… it will always link to the docs that match the version of Reactor you are using. All links in product are qualified with the version, even for development versions.

1 Like

Ah! That’s good to know. Nice. I will use the tools tab next time!

Huh, PushOver directly from Reactor? Did I miss something. Just looked, but I don’t see it under the notify action. at the moment I use PushOver via Veraalert.

You need to install the Github stable branch version of Reactor:

1. Go to this URL: GitHub - toggledbits/Reactor at stable
  2. Click the green “Code” button and choose “Download ZIP”
  3. Save the ZIP file, and when it’s done downloading, unzip it.
  4. Open the Luup uploader at Apps > Develop apps > Luup files
  5. Drag the files from the folder (not the folder itself) to the “Upload” button
  6. Hard refresh your browser: How to do Hard Refresh in Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Mac’s Browser?

Additional docs for configuration and usage here: Action: Notify - Reactor

Aha that makes sense. Will this version be updated automatically in Vera?

If I update now via github, will that also be updated later via Vera? Or do I have to update by hand from that point?

App Marketplace will still update for you when new official releases are published.

1 Like

Great, thank you. Will upload the stable then.

Update: Installed and it’s working!

rigpapa,

The configuration only allows for 1 hard coded API token. I have 3 configured in my pushover account.

Would you consider a variable for the PushoverToken aka similar to PushoverDefaultDevice which can be specified/changed at the reactor Activities page?

Thanks,

ChrisTheC

1 Like

Easily. Give me a bit, I’ve got some errands to run this morning.

Any chance that Telegram’s bot API would be supported in notify action?

Sorry, got distracted by a huge leap in a project, but circling back to this…

OK. Pushover token is now available for override on each notification. You’ll need to re-install the stable branch release to get it: GitHub - toggledbits/Reactor at stable

I’ll take a look over the weekend.

2 Likes

Thanks rigpapa!
Tested with all my APIs & works great

Feel free to take a look at my telegram plugin. I implemented most of the options.

1 Like

If you have a working plugin, I’d rather people use that than add bloat to Reactor. I’ll take a look and see if I can do something more tightly-integrated, like I did with VeraAlerts (new options/behaviors appear when Reactor sees VeraAlerts is installed).

1 Like

There’s a “Try this action” option for Device action, but not for “Notify” or “Run Lua”. Could it be added to the next version?

It’s easy to do a device action because that’s a function Vera does natively. There’s a lot of extra lifting and code necessary to “try this action” for every type of action, and some, like Notify, cannot be done outside the context of a fully-saved configuration. That, by the way, is why the activity’s “try” button only works when saved/no changes are pending. I’m not sure the juice is worth the squeeze to do everything that would have to be done for all actions to have the single-action try button.