Qmotion Blinds

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been readying this forum for a couple of days now and wish to take the road to integrating Vera Lite into my home.

I currently have 4 Qmotion blinds which I can control with an Android App.

The request I have is.

Will I be able to integrate my blinds into Vera Lite using the ImperiHome app on a Android Tablet ?

I’m looking for a one screen interface, I do not with to switch from one application to another.

The current blinds are Wifi enabled.

Any ideas ?

Thank you

are you using the Qmotion bridge, Qsync or Qconnect?
Does it show in the ImperiHome app?
Would be interested in a solution, contact us at info@zwavemotors.com

Any updates on this as I have a client wanting to do exactly the same thing.

Rather than start another thread hopefully I can revive this one.

I have a customer who simply wants to open and close his new QMotion blinds via his Vera.

Is there anyone that has done this? He just wants to be able to integrate it so that the blinds open and close automatically as triggered by scenes in his vera.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Sam.

Hi I am also interested in this. Is a great solution if only someone could make a vera app.

How expensive are these blinds in Australia they look like a nice solution even if can’t be integrated with very.

I am meeting with a QMotion rep tomorrow. I don’t see why these can’t be connected to a Qconnect, and then controlled by Vera via a iTach IP2SL…

Bizarrely enough, looks like I would have to create a DB9 to RJ45 cable… I don’t understand why they don’t have a true ethernet interface…

As mention before, it should be no problem to use a Qconnect with the same or very similar plugin as for other motors (ask Shady)
Nobody in the motor business uses the same serial to RJ cables (don’t ask)
Please ask the Qmotion rep why they don’t make their motors Z-Wave native as the company was one of the original Z-Wave developers

[quote=“zwavemotors, post:8, topic:179025”]As mention before, it should be no problem to use a Qconnect with the same or very similar plugin as for other motors (ask Shady)
Nobody in the motor business uses the same serial to RJ cables (don’t ask)
Please ask the Qmotion rep why they don’t make their motors Z-Wave native as the company was one of the original Z-Wave developers[/quote]

Heck, their new motorized drapery rods don’t even work on the same frequency as their honeycomb and roller shades. And the products I really wanted (Transitions and QTandem) are either not yet available or it is unclear if they are still offering. So lots of changes - which makes it dicey to buy now and find out they might not support that frequency/configuration in the future.

I am likely to order four roller shades and a QConnect in the next few weeks, and then start working on a way to send commands from Vera to QConnect via an iTach IP2SL (not USB direct)…

I really want them to publish an API for QSync, as that would be a much cleaner install, but not sure I want to take the risk of trying to reverse engineer via Wireshark or similar…

I did order the 4 roller blinds and the QConnect. Should be installed around the end of the month.
Then I will work on the RS232 messaging…

can you give us an idea what size and of how much you are paying for the shades and the Qconnect?

They are all roughly 2 feet by 6 feet at $820 for the shade, plus roughly another $100 for the fascia, and roughly $100 for the install, bringing the per-shade effective price before tax right around $1,000 each window. The QConnect added around $400, plus $200 for some of their traditional remotes.

I know, I know… That is as much as the windows they are going to be covering…

[quote=“wilme2, post:12, topic:179025”]They are all roughly 2 feet by 6 feet at $820 for the shade, plus roughly another $100 for the fascia, and roughly $100 for the install, bringing the per-shade effective price before tax right around $1,000 each window. The QConnect added around $400, plus $200 for some of their traditional remotes.

I know, I know… That is as much as the windows they are going to be covering…[/quote]

Thanks for sharing the feedback as soon as I get my painting done Im jumping aboard too, looking at hacking a remote to a quad relay board for my route. Unless I hear you are successful with the Qconnect. It does serial as well but my knowledge of this is limited on sending codes etc.

Any updates Wilme2?

The QMotion blinds were installed this Wednesday, and last night I got the Qconnect working with the GC IP2SL using iRule to send the commands. So I have the shades working with the AV remote control software on our phones and tablets… The hardest part by far was making the DB9 to RJ45 interface cable. Should have been easy, but took me a dozen tries…

Next I will try to configure Vera to send the commands via the Global Cache plug-in and the RS232 codes. I assume there is a RS232 example I can follow? I did a little playing around with Vera and IP2IR a few weeks ago, but haven’t tried a IP2SL and entering serial commands via hex…

Cheers for the update. Very interested in how you go with rs232. Do you have a list of the commands?

Good work mate. If you have the time and patience I know I and others would massively appreciate some kind of ‘How To’ guide when you’re done.

http://www.qmotionshades.com/support-center/tabs/manuals and pull up “Qconnect Manual”…

I attached here. Note in the document is a link to software you can use to generate the commands (so you don’t have to manually calculate length or checksum)…

Got a shade to move via Vera on the very first try. I installed the GC-100 plug-in, and set the port, but I really don’t think I needed to do that at all. The below code will move the shade paired to channel #1 down…

local socket = require("socket") host = "192.168.0.123" c = assert(socket.connect(host, 4999)) c:settimeout(5) local sres, serr = c:send(string.char(0x01,0x07,0x00,0x05,0x01,0x01,0x02,0x00,0xFF)) print("Send:", sres, serr) local data, rerr = c:receive(300) luup.log (data) print ("Receive:", data, rerr) c:close()

I uninstalled the Global Cache plug-in, and can control shades without it via the code I posted above… To be clear, the IP is the IP of my IP2SL, so I am still using a Global Cache iTach, I just don’t see the point in using the plug-in right now…

(BTW, that code was borrowed from a @RexBeckett post…)