Qubino Relay ZMNHAD (Motion-) Sensors I2 / I3 not working in veraEdge

The Qubino Relay ZMNHAD is not a simple relay, but it has also two sensor inputs (I2 and I3), which can be configured as motion sensors et al…
My big hope was to exchange my existing fibaro universal binay sensor through the Qubino ZMNHAD, because the old fibaro device with z-wave 4.0 and the slow ZM3102 chip causes problems in my z-wave net.

I was happy to find a statement in the forum, that the problem with I2 / I3 is solved with update 7.0.24 (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,47621.msg314954.html#msg314954).
But for me it the main feature of this device didn’t work. Installing with “add devices > dimmers& lights > Qubino ZMNHAD”, I only got a simple binaryLight device.

First this seems to be correct. Qubino-Parameter 100/101 were set on default 0. According to the qubino manual the endpoints I2/I3 are hidden with this setting.
Now I changed the paramaters to 1. According to the manual this means, that the endpoints will be presented on the UI.

In vera nothing changed (also no I2/I3-trigger in the scenes). I didnt care, because the qubino manual says: After parameter change module has to be reincluded into the network for the setting to take effect. So I excluded and reincluded the device. But now the parameters 100/101 werde resetted to 0.

So I changed the parameters again to 1. Then I tried “advanced > commands > configure node right now”. But now I get “Please wait! Getting Multi Channel info.” Waiting and vera restart doesn’t help. No I2/I3 represented in the vera UI.

Any idea to make this versatile device working in vera?

Any idea for another device to replace my old fibaro unniversal sensor (low voltage device with two binary sensors and with z-wave 6.5)?

Hello Peter,

Please note that I have send you an email so we can continue troubleshooting the controller.

Thank you and Have a nice day,

With help of vera support (Christina) the problem has been solved quickly.

In the exclusion / reinclusion process the device button needs to be pressed exactly 2 sec.
That is in contrast to the advices in the manuals I followed before: “more than 2 sec” / “more than 2s and less than 6s”.

After the reinclusion with Parameters 100/101 set to “9” I got two motionsensor-subdevices in the UI. These devices are available as scene triggers.

So I finally got a suitabele up-to-date device to exchange my fibaro universal binary sensors (causing problems because of z-wave 4.0 and their slow ZM3102 chip) through qubino Flush 1 Relay (operated with 24V from a little LED driver with constant voltage).

Thanks to this thread I finally got my Vera Plus to discover the I2 as a motion sensor!!

My idea is to use the I2 device as a trigger in a scene to turn all my lightning off in the house when wall switch connected to I2 is pressed.
But I can’t get the scene to execute… any idea what could be wrong? (I know for sure all wiring is correct).

I read somewhere that you have to create an association:
Group 3 - Basic Set (most common)
Group 4 - Notification Report
Group 5 - Binary Sensor Report

Did you do this?
I’m kind of lost… :slight_smile:

all the best

Hi! I’m struggling with the same issue. hav recently posted a question, but no ansewrs so far. Did you @pit or @HazeR find a solution?
Many thanks!
//Gustaf

With Parameters 100/101 set to “9” I got I2/I3 as two motionsensor child devices. They trigger scenes without problems. I don’t use the switch. I only use the motionsensors.
The only hurdle was the reinclusion of the main device to get these parameter settings effective. I did no associations etc. But I switched off polling (poll intevall = 0). Her my settings:

Thanks for responding so quickly. That’s about as far as I’ve gotten, the I2 is detected and included as a separate entity, but I’m not able to get it to trigger a scene. Guessing that’s where the problem’s at. How have you set that up?

I found I2 as a device and it shows up a separate entity (motion sensor) but still it won’t trigger scenes.
I changed the poll intervall to 0 as @pit suggested, but then oddly my Vera lost connection to the Qubino relay and it was a real struggle to get it back and stable in the network again. (had to disconnect and re-include a couple of times…)

Don’t know what’s the problem. I see the qubino motion sensors in the trigger device list and can choose them - like all other motions sensors.

Of course the electrical wiring / signals had to match. And I had to arm the sensor and to approriately configure the preset modes “Choose sensors to arm”.
In the qubino motions sensor’s advanced settings you can watch the values of the armedTripped and of the tripped variables. Maybe they don’t have the expected values resp. value changes. Then scene triggering cannot work.
If you can add the motion sensor from your scene trigger list: It may be helpfull to test your scene by manually setting the tripped or armedtripped variable.

First I had polling active. But I watched sporadically poll-no-reply and lost recognitions. The poll-rating never reached 5.00 like the other devices. I suppose there is a time slice conflict to transmit polling and a motion trip together or something of that kind. So I switched off polling and since then both qubino devices with 4 motion sensors work fine.