R.I.P. Micasaverde

What’s happening?

Shouldn’t we have a firmware upgrade in March,31?

I see no answer to ours questions?

Which kind of company we’re talking about?

0 Likes

Well sir. I will take you questions in order as you have posted them.

1.) What’s happening?

Development on UI7 and other back end server stuff and posting on facebook. Have you seen their facebook page? posts pop up there faster than the Justin Beeber page. And God only know what else.

2.) Shouldn’t we have a firmware upgrade in March,31?

Trust me. You want to avoid any new firmware from them the same way they avoid the forum. Let a new firmware hit the scene, wait a year or so and then, MAYBE, switch to it. IF, and only IF, you have NO CHIOCE.

3.) I see no answer to ours questions?

And you won’t. MCV set this forum up for the users and they (seem to?) intentionally avoid it like there is some kind of new airborne AIDS here. Nothing new to see here. Move along.

4.) Which kind of company we’re talking about?

Honestly I don’t understand this question.

0 Likes

[quote=“Rbcarnevale, post:1, topic:180730”]What’s happening?

Shouldn’t we have a firmware upgrade in March,31?

I see no answer to ours questions?

Which kind of company we’re talking about?[/quote]

What exactly are you missing? What is it that your waiting for in an update?

Sometimes people ask for what they already have or ask for more then they need!

0 Likes

I Can only speak for my self. A better design ui. A better iPhone & iPad app that looks Nice. Geo fencing. And not that iPhone locater plugin that drain battery. A dedicated geo fencing app. Dont drain battery.

0 Likes

Well, I am on ui6 and they promised to make things work “in a few days…or weeks”.
I want a ui I can overveiw, ui5 was ok but could be better, ui6 is worse.
I want my cameras to work as they did in ui5 at least, ui6 is worse. (my I8918 foscam is taken over by wistacam plugin and cant work)
I would like to get notifications from my cam in vera alert as in ui5.
I want thermostats to work properly and show properly in the ui (I.g. danfoss), and a scedualing system for thermostats.
I would like them to make my powermeter show up with the correct messurs in the right places (not in other widgets).
I would like a phoneapp witch is working.

Last but not least I would like to SEE something is going onn.
Back in the 90ties microsoft sent out patches almost dayly and they kept ther costumers alert “ohh, now they have fixed…this or that”
I would like to SEE SOME PROGRESS.
But here…nothing is happening…we are all wayting and we dont know for how long and they keep comming up with new dates for releases.
They have promissed more information but this has not happed yet.
I am loosing my interest in vera HA.
I support RBCARNEVALE and KOBERGs questions.
Regards
CE

0 Likes

What is their fb page? I do a search and it says it’s a duplicate and the link they supply goes to some random page.

0 Likes

Vera Control, Ltd.

0 Likes

UI is hardly used, APP’s we have many choices. Geo fencing is already available in an app. And any app running on your phone will drain your battery to a certin extent, expessially if it has to keep track of where you are nonstop. On apple I use Iviri and I haven’t noticed a drain (but Ofcourse there is going to be something).

If you want a no battery drain geofence then you should look into using your router for when your home or away. Some do that for a home geofence, and that’s the only way to say you wont have any battery drain.

0 Likes

[quote=“svaleb, post:5, topic:180730”]Well, I am on ui6 and they promised to make things work “in a few days…or weeks”.
I want a ui I can overveiw, ui5 was ok but could be better, ui6 is worse.
I want my cameras to work as they did in ui5 at least, ui6 is worse. (my I8918 foscam is taken over by wistacam plugin and cant work)
I would like to get notifications from my cam in vera alert as in ui5.
I want thermostats to work properly and show properly in the ui (I.g. danfoss), and a scedualing system for thermostats.
I would like them to make my powermeter show up with the correct messurs in the right places (not in other widgets).
I would like a phoneapp witch is working.[/quote]

99% of your problems you just complained about has to do with you upgrading. And your asking for another upgrade…

As many have said and it was just posted in the 2nd post by S-F

“Trust me. You want to avoid any new firmware from them the same way they avoid the forum. Let a new firmware hit the scene, wait a year or so and then, MAYBE, switch to it. IF, and only IF, you have NO CHIOCE.”

Go back to UI5 use one of the many app’s that are chaining with weekly or monthly updates and enjoy a working product. UI6 has been a problem since day one, and Ui7 will have bugs too when it comes out.

0 Likes

iViri has geofencing capabilities, and there is no noticeable sign of battery drain. Also in a near future release the app will work with estimotes iBeacons, so you can make your home proximity aware of where you are if you carry your iDevice with you in your home.

0 Likes

@integlikwhoa

Tru !
This tread is about ui6.
Some of the problems mentioned is related to ui6, and some is in ui5 aswell.
I went into ui6 with open eyes knowing there would be bugs. But I also expected that something would be done about it.
I can go back to ui5 if I want.
I expectet they would “fix the motor of the car” not hand out a weelbarrow.
Regards
CE

0 Likes

iViri has geofencing capabilities, and there is no noticeable sign of battery drain. Also in a near future release the app will work with estimotes iBeacons, so you can make your home proximity aware of where you are if you carry your iDevice with you in your home.[/quote]

I know iviri have tried it and know there is no battery drain from This app. But it need Also to be iPad ready. And not all devices are supported. Danfoss are not. Ibeacon sounds great but is it possible to buy ibeacon devices for private users yet ? Iviri app is Also hanging/crashing now and then.

0 Likes

The hang and crashing will be resolved with v1.2. Not sure on dosfan and no plans to do iPad as you need a mobile network to use geofences and someone already got disappointed when they installed the iPhone version on an iPad and it didn’t explicitly say you need a mobile network for it to work correctly. IBeacons can be purchased by private users, I got the developer kit for 100$ which came with 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Likes

Here is Info on Danfoss http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Danfoss_Thermostat

Allan Koburg Frederiksen

0 Likes

[quote=“koburg, post:14, topic:180730”]Here is Info on Danfoss http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Danfoss_Thermostat

Allan Koburg Frederiksen[/quote]

can you email at support@instruodev.com the output from the below link? Just replace IP address with that of your vera when you are on its network. Then tell me the device ID and I can get iViri supporting dosfan potentially.

http://:3480/data_request?id=sdata

0 Likes

AHAHAAH guilty, you caught me!

0 Likes

Well I wasn’t going to point fingers but now people know who it was :)… The iTunes Store should be updated explicitly stating mobile data network needed for geofences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Likes

Well I have only had my Vera3 for about two weeks now and it is nothing nothing like I read about the VeraLite UI5. I am SOOOOOOOOO disappointed.

So RIP is just about right. This product is like early ALPHA not beta. The /chm/ Sits on “Loading Please Wait…” half the time. I can never get to my account page I always get “Erro Unable to retrieve user information”. Followed by “Unable to connect…” and the Constant “Try again later”. I don’t remember the last time I was able to the apps market. 90% of the time I get the “can’t load…”.

The other INCREDIBLE frustrating thing is HELP and "can’t find server www.doc_server.com. NONE of the help links work. HELLO!

Sorry, but so far this is one of the worst products I have ever purchased. And I know if I could get back to UI5, I would have a totally different experience.

I just ordered a VeraLite and hopefully, I will be able to keep it in UI5 and not automatically upgraded to UI6 like my Vera3.

RIP. just about there for me.

I have a Nexia system I am trying to replace it with Vera3, so I know how these should work. This is junk. UI6 never should have been released. It is just not ready.

0 Likes

It is entirely possible to go back to UI5. It’s all here in the forums if you’re willing to look.

Vera as a company is historically flakey. If you need answers, support, or advice, the best place to find it is right here on the forums.

0 Likes

Micasaverde is poorly documented, maintained and supported.

0 Likes