Rachio... let's go!

I installed my Rachio last week so I’ll be following this. Let me know if you need anyone to beta test or help out with the plugin.

Nice to hear!!

The rachio app does a pretty decent job of scheduling. I’d just like to have everything in one app. Also, the ability to turn on the sprinklers when my smoke alarm is triggered but turn it off again if the fire alarm is triggered by the residential fire sprinklers so that it doesn’t kill the water pressure for them.

I am willing to test and buy beer.

I just bought the latest gen Rachio and have a Vera Plus too. More than happy to help test and to help fund this project.

@rigpapa How has the development been coming along for the rachio ?
I will be ordering rachio Gen2 16 zone in the spring and can assist with beta testing.

Let me know…

Rachio is a well-known smart garden watering system. It has won many awards and mentions by various organizations as well as publications in the industry. It is an Amazon bestseller sprinkler system too. I have been use for last 6 months.

I have a gen 2, 16-station controller that works great all by itself but integrating my HA would be even better. I got mine for free last year when the water district was giving rebates equal to the cost of the controller so I got mine for free plus the cost of the weatherproof enclosure. Not bad, don’t you think?

I know it’s been a long time coming, and I apologize, but I got a big work contract that owned most of my time from late February until just a couple of weeks ago, so I was only working on the Rachio plugin sporadically. But, I’m starting to get close to having something that can be Beta tested. Just wanted to let you all know it wasn’t forgotten, just delayed by a project that puts food on the table. :slight_smile:

Rigpapa - cool! I’ve been slowly working on something over the last few weeks as well. I suspect with your background, yours will probably be more refined. I’m going into one of those busy periods for the next few weeks, but happy to help or beta test.

OK. I’ve posted a call for beta testers here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,49990.0.html

Update… plugin files are published, and we’re just waiting for Vera to approve them for the store (I’ve also emailed them, since another plugin I’ve been working on has been sitting for a week waiting for approval).

Uninstalled the beta and just installed the plugin from the app store. Great job, looks very polished and I like that it has an api that can be used in scripting.

A big thanks goes out to rigpapa. Thanks for this plugin and all of your contributions to the community!

~John

Hi Everyone. I successfully installed the app on my Veraplus UI7 but I looked over the notes and trying to determine if my firmware version has a bug that prevents me adding my rachio API token.

I get the message After I enter the API key and click on “SET” it throws a message. “Error: Device not ready”

I also attempted to uninstall the app and reboot my Veraplus with the same results.

My firmware is 1.7.2935 but based on the notes I see this statement and wanted some clarification.

"One specific version of UI7, 7.0.21 (947/2931/2935/2937), is known to have a bug "

Where do I see if I have 7.0.21? I go to "Settings → Firmware " and I see “Running Version 1.7.2935”

[quote=“notchy, post:32, topic:186630”]Hi Everyone. I successfully installed the app on my Veraplus UI7 but I looked over the notes and trying to determine if my firmware version has a bug that prevents me adding my rachio API token.

I get the message After I enter the API key and click on “SET” it throws a message. “Error: Device not ready”

I also attempted to uninstall the app and reboot my Veraplus with the same results.

My firmware is 1.7.2935 but based on the notes I see this statement and wanted some clarification.

"One specific version of UI7, 7.0.21 (947/2931/2935/2937), is known to have a bug "

Where do I see if I have 7.0.21? I go to "Settings → Firmware " and I see “Running Version 1.7.2935”[/quote]

1.7.2935 is the version of 7.0.21 for the Vera Plus. I had this version on my Plus and was getting the same issue. So I upgraded to 7.0.22 (1.7.3015 on the Plus) and that fixed it. I also had to clear my browser cache after upgrading before the issue went away.

thanks @johnnboy - where were you able to find out the firmware 1.7.2935 is equivalent to UI7, 7.0.21 (947/2931/2935/2937) ?

2935 is 7.0.21 and the Rachio plugin (and many other plugins) will not run on that firmware due to a bug injected into that release of firmware. It is fixed in 7.0.22 (3015).

You all are quick, too. I didn’t even get the announcement out yet!

You can see the version numbers in the firmware release notes here:
[url=http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles]http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles[/url]

Example:
UI7 ▾ Software Update ▾ Version 7.0.22 (1.7.963/1.7.3014/1.7.3015/1.7.3016) ▾ August 3, 2017

The first number (1.7.963 in this case) is for Vera3 & VeraLite, 2nd for VeraEdge, 3rd for VeraPlus and 4th for VeraSecure.

Thanks.
I was reading the forum on issues people had with the latest firmware. I will hold off for a bit before I upgrade.

If you go the Advanced tab for the device, and display Variables, you should see an empty variable called APIKey there. You can paste your API token, tab out (you should get a little message saying the value has been saved), and reload Luup. That will likely get things rolling for you. However, I am not sure to what extent the bug affects other operations launched from the UI (e.g. start manual watering), because I’ll confess I didn’t test beyond the original problem.

I do not see the apikey field under the variables tab and I took a look under the parameter tab and i have attached screenshots.
Is it called something else?

Sorry, I was pre-coffee when I wrote my prior post. It doesn’t matter if you get the API key in there one way or another, the plugin prevents itself from running on that firmware revision, so all you’d end up doing is getting an “Offline (unsupported firmware)” message on the plugin device, and none shall pass. Upgrading is, unfortunately, the answer. Or, downgrading, but I’m not sure how far back you’d have to go.