Radio thermostat CT50 wifi with zwave added

I added the zwave module (firmware 9.0) to my wifi CT50. It now has wifi and zwave functionality. I did this to get it to work with Alexa through my veraedge which supports the zwave module out of the box.
I got it to function correctly with Alexa (through zwave) as well as the wifi iOS app. Problem is when I issue a command through Alexa it does it but then the internal daily program does not work. It’s like it’s stuck on hold on the zwave side. The only way I have figured out how to get the program to take again is if I issue a curl set command to the wifi side through a scene. Once I do this the thermostat acts as expected. Basically the internal logic of the tstat seems to camp on the last module that issued something. Any ideas on how to make the tstat programming work after a zwave command issued? It all actually works well with the curl commands being sent but a pita.

Interesting approach. I bet the Radio Thermostat designers never expected to see 2 modules in it. I used the ha-bridge approach with a Raspberry Pi to get the Alexa integration with my wifi CT50 - that works well but does require more hardware. The other advantage of your scheme is that eventually you should be able to query the temperature which isn’t possible with the ha-bridge.

My CT30 has 2 slots, with just 1 z-wave USNAP module at the moment. For the last couple of months, the thermostat stops communicating with Vera about every 5 to 7 days. I am able to unplug and replug in the module and tell Vera to “replace failed”, and I am back in business.

I have moved the module to the other slot, but it acts the same. I am close to ordering a replacement module to see if that is the problem. Otherwise, I’ll have to probably get a new tstat.

My point is both slots are there to be used by the thermostat. There is even a 1 and a 2 on each side of the radio tower icon, depending on which slot the USNAP module is plugged into. When I move it, it takes time for the empty slot to register and lose the 1 or the 2, and both appear for a while.

Anyone have any suggestions for a rouge CT30?

[quote=“Don Phillips”]My CT30 has 2 slots, with just 1 z-wave USNAP module at the moment. For the last couple of months, the thermostat stops communicating with Vera about every 5 to 7 days. I am able to unplug and replug in the module and tell Vera to “replace failed”, and I am back in business.

I have moved the module to the other slot, but it acts the same. I am close to ordering a replacement module to see if that is the problem. Otherwise, I’ll have to probably get a new tstat.

My point is both slots are there to be used by the thermostat. There is even a 1 and a 2 on each side of the radio tower icon, depending on which slot the USNAP module is plugged into. When I move it, it takes time for the empty slot to register and lose the 1 or the 2, and both appear for a while.

Anyone have any suggestions for a rouge CT30?[/quote]I have the same issue with a few ct50s. Not sure why they do this and very annoying. Had this issue on my vera3 and now my Vera Plus.

Also, instead of unplugging the module I simply hit the reset button under the cover and it immediately pairs itself back up again.

Not sure what to do, this makes some of my system somewhat unreliable

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

After a weekly reset every week, and getting a replacement module, I ended up getting a CT101 at Lowes for like $60 or $70. Has been flawless for almost a year.