Random Sonos system messages

App is installed and working great, TTS with Resposevoice. However every few minutes it’ll announce “Living Room faulted” and then “Living Room restored”. It’ll do the same with “Dining Room” which interestingly is a room I no longer have on my Sonos system. Anyone know how to make this stop?

Interestingly it’s reading Vera system messages too: e.g. When I open a door??

Aaaaaaaand never mind … I had a setting in my security app that was triggering!

what security app are you using? trying to get sonos to tell me when doors open and close.

That’s easy. Put a door/window sensor on each door you want a Sonos Alert on.
Run a scene with below LUUP code when the sensor alerts open.

luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1”, “Say”,{Text="Attention The xxxxxxx door has been opened ", Language=“en-US”, GroupZones=“ALL”, Volume=75, SameVolumeForAll=“true”}, SONOS_DEVICE_ID)

make sure to set SONOS_DEVICE_ID to the ID of the Sonos device that’s your main one and replace xxxxxxx in teh text with the name of the door that opened.

A normal door lock device does not seem to alert for open. Only unlock. Hence the door/window sensor.

[quote=“BOFH, post:5, topic:196792”]That’s easy. Put a door/window sensor on each door you want a Sonos Alert on.

luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1”, “Say”,{Text="Attention The xxxxxxx door has been opened ", Language=“en-US”, GroupZones=“ALL”, Volume=75, SameVolumeForAll=“true”}, SONOS_DEVICE_ID)

make sure to set SONOS_DEVICE_ID to the ID of the Sonos device that’s your main one and replace xxxxxxx in teh text with the name of the door that opened.

A normal door lock device does not seem to alert for open. Only unlock. Hence the door/window sensor.[/quote]

That’s awesome, thanks. I have a honeywell security system that I’ve linked using an Envisalink module, but announcements are ‘all or nothing’ …

[quote=“BOFH, post:5, topic:196792”]That’s easy. Put a door/window sensor on each door you want a Sonos Alert on.

A normal door lock device does not seem to alert for open. Only unlock. Hence the door/window sensor.[/quote]

thank you sir… i think i will just do a variable_watch function and call your code when the sensor is tripped.

The reason I developed the code is one of my German Shedders figured out how to open the lever lock backdoor (I since added a deadbolt). So I needed some kind of notification as she leaves the door wide open and the A/C can’t keep up with that. It worked so well that I decided to use it on all outside doors.

In case you are wondering, she jumps up against the door and slaps the lever down. As in Florida building code is that outside door open outward (due to hurricanes) her weight on the door opens it for her when the lever disengages. Luckily the front door has an egg shaped knob. The door to the garage from teh house has a lever, but opens inwards. She hasn’t figured that one out. Yet.