RE: Vera 3/Lite/G legacy controllers announcement

I can’t get it at all. I chose and bought my Veralite because it was a box with a light-weight interface and highly flexible and fully programmable thanks to lua/luup.
But now, if they try to turn it into a black box and a labyrinthine machine, full business oriented, then it’s a 180 degrees perspective shift in philosophy.
A big big mistake, in my opinion and a number of users like me will go away now. So long Vera and thanks for the fish.

1 Like

My concern about this is why I have not bought anything to replace my lite in the last year. Seems I was spot on, and yes there are no Ezlo hubs to buy at the moment. I really felt that the platform needed a complete revision. Upgrades have been a nightmare. It’s been very frustrating. Bring on the new hardware!

Hi guys, while I appreciate diversity I’d really appreciate that everyone understands the discussion without google translate. This is an English speaking community in its majority, although, myself included are not native English speakers.

Translate to English, or turn it into a private discussion.

Thank you so much.

Unfortunately, you appear to be talking about the past … not the future! You should have told us 8 months ago, or whenever the decision was made!

4 Likes

The timing of the announcement is what upsets me. Obviously when they were developing the 7.29 firmware they knew there were no plans for 3/Lite support. And certainly when I brought up the missing firmware in the release thread they knew there wouldn’t be any support for these devices. If Ezlo is as highty technical and capable organization as @melih states, this decision should have been made a LOONG time ago. It certainly goes against what Melih said about the hardware not being a bottleneck and with streamlined code the new software would run on very limited hardware. Just seems like more of the same broken promises, just from a new owner. I have stuck with the platform because I use a very simple system with very few plugins that is for the most part stable. It is stable because I have resisted new firmware upgrades (problems). But I have been waiting for several years for the system to be stable enough to add in all of the features I would really like to use. Looks like I will take the plunge and run HomeSeer after all. I have lost all patience and confidence in the new organization.

-bob

2 Likes

Sorry to year that, I have 2 vera´s lite so moving to another platform.

2 Likes

:smiley::smiley: when I look at obsolescence, I am talking about the chipset the device is based on. You are going to the other extreme with the accessory. Yeah accessories can be available long after the product is obsolete.

Thanks Lakehouse. I will check Hubitat out.