Reactor 3.0 Beta Now Available

I typically do a git pull and then upload to my vera using a script. Any reason you didn’t push this to the 3.0 beta branch in GitHub? In the mean time, I will just “Save As…” to my clone of your repo…

So far, your changes seem to work with Safari. I haven’t been regressing with FireFox…

First test looks great. I did delete old Activities and loaded my Scene with 30+ actions again. It was quick (in a snap). Will probably play some more with this tomorrow and see if I can finalize my testing.

Many thanks for your help!

OK. Now, at the same link as before, is an updated JS file (19124B) that brings back the “Common Actions” part. I’ve done some optimizations in this area as well. If you would please, download this new version and install it, hard-refresh, and tell me how it goes. If it goes pear-shaped, at least I’ll now know what section of the code is the real culprit.

After a short bit of testing the latest mods passe muster with Safari. I’ll play with it a bit more this weekend but I think you have squashed the issue I was experiencing.

Well done! :+1:

1 Like

Tested with 19124B and here is some feedback.

Tried to import same scene as previously (30+ actions) but stuck at loading “forever” (more than 5 min).
Tried to import another scene with two actions, same result.
Manually entered my scene with 30+ action into Reactor and that worked fine, no delays (showing loading) at all.

However, there are no browser crashes and the Reactor Activities are still editable as normal.

In my first report I mentioned that I could enter 20 Activities before it slowed down, I also noticed that it was not a linear increase for each step, it was more exponential.

OK. I’ll take a second look at the import.

Is this still happening? You said earlier “no delays”, so just want to be sure.

No, manually entering activities is now instantly.

OK. I think I’ve got that one two. Unrelated to the bigger problem, but in a related area. New version of the JS file posted (19125). Please give it a try when you have a moment.

Imported 30+ actions again and it worked perfectly :+1:
During the week I hope to continue and take it into “production”.

Awesome. Thanks for your help, @Leifgg and @blacey.

Now, I guess I had better figure out some way to get a Mac/Safari…

The import issue is some thing I had experienced over the last couple of days and I am on a PC. It has happened on one of my larger sensors with more activiities. It would be stuck at loading for a while and then lock up both IE and chrome. I got around it by not using copy from but that was also troublesome. Afterr a few reboots of pc, browser and Vera, I was able to manually add the group activities.with noticeable lag. When I get a chance and have access to my Pc I will copy the troublesome sensor from backup into a new sensor and see if there is an improvement.

This seems to be fixed for all platforms at this point. I just singled-out the Mac because I don’t have one, so I can’t do any work on desktop Safari myself (I do, however, have an iPhone that someone very graciously donated to my cause, which helps a lot).

3 Likes

If I read correctly the v3 reactor will flag reactors with missing devices ( configured in conditions or actions) and other error by highlighting the reactor with a yellow flag, is this correct?

When detected, yes.