This post is about current hot-fix releases for Reactor 3.5 *** only ***. Hotfixes address issues experienced in the wild that need an immediate update to resolve. Please check through the list of issues reported below, and apply the fix/patch documented. Hotfixes never contain new features or changes other the fix for the immediate, reported problem.
DO NOT INSTALL THESE HOTFIXES ON ANY VERSION OTHER THAN 3.5
How to Hotfix Your System
- Download this ZIP file: Reactor-3.5-hotfixes-20080.zip (165.3 KB)
- Unzip the file.
- Open the Luup uploader at Apps > Develop apps > Luup files
- Multi-select all of the unzipped files (except
CHANGELOG.md) and drag them to the “Upload” button.
- After the upload completes, do a hard-refresh of your browser. Do not skip this step.
If the above installation procedure gives you any trouble, please try the alternate procedure at the end of this post before asking for help in the forums.
openLuup/AltUI users can quickly apply all hotfixes by going to the “Plugins” page, entering “hotfix” in the version field and clicking the update icon.
CURRENT HOTFIXES – FOR VERSION 3.5 ONLY
- 20080-01: Allow expression
getattribute()function to use device 0 to retrieve system/userdata attributes.
- 20078-01: Fix a potential error in the UI when creating “pulse” mode conditions.
- 20072-01: openLuup only: remove warnings about the “Use Unsafe Lua” setting (which doesn’t exist on openLuup)
- 20070-01: Fix display of floating point values in condition descriptions on Status tab.
- 20070-03: openLuup only: fix backup file handling (uncompressed files on openLuup)
- 20070-02: Make sure deviceinfo updates are compressed, remove any conflicting uncompressed devinfo file.
- 20069-01: Do not attempt compression of backup files on openLuup (L_Reactor.lua)
- 20061-01: openLuup only: skip delete of unused state variables, causing ALTUI heartburn;
- 20051-01: Group state activity “try” button (in Activities tab) does not re-enable after save;
- 20049-02: SMTP with SSL not working in firmware 7.29 and below, and all Edge systems.
- 20049-01: On ALTUI, when modifying configuration, “Save” completes, but still asks if you want to save unsaved changes.
- 20048-02: Fix broken link to Vera community forum category;
- 20048-01: Make sure group “focus” button stays hidden (leaked incomplete/experimental feature).
Alternate Installation Method
If the above “minimal” install procedure is giving you trouble, please try this:
- Go to the Github stable branch repository: https://github.com/toggledbits/Reactor/tree/hotfix
- Click the green “Clone or download” button and choose “Download ZIP”
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- In the Vera web UI, open Apps > Develop apps > Luup files
- Multi-select all of the unzipped files (except any
.mdfiles, and any subfolders) and drag them as a group to the “Upload” button.
- Wait for the upload to finish, and then wait for the Luup reload to complete.
- Hard-refresh your browser.