Reactor and Harmony Plugin

Hello, I have just started using Reactor and its great, but I’m still on a learning curve
I have the harmony plugin and to start up my cinema room I run a scene which works ok
But I was trying to set up a virtual switch to do the same with reactor but when I select my Pioneer Receiver the commands don’t seem to be there, I have sent “on” and tried sending button 1 but neither seem to turn on the receiver

anyone using Harmony with reactor

I can get Reactor to run the scene but I wanted to run the whole thing in Reactor

any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

I can’t help with the Harmony plugin, I don’t use it, but here are some things you can try, and maybe a Harmony + Reactor user can chime in as well and help here.

1. Run the scene from the Reactor activity using a “Run Scene” action in the activity. Does that work?

2. Once you have a “Run Scene” action in your Reactor activity, you’ll see an “import” button in the controls–you can import the commands the scene is running. Load the scene into the ReactorSensor directly (and then remove the Run Scene action you’ve not done the import for), and see if Reactor can run the commands individually as Activity actions.

Edit: although I don’t have a Harmony hub, if I just install the plugin, I can see that Reactor sees all of the plugins declared actions.

Hello rigpapa
Thanks for the reply, yes it works when I run the scene in reactor, re your screen shot the harmony control starts my projector and receiver

Ill try the scene import thanks

1 Like

That worked a treat thanks, I think I was typing in the wrong command for each device, when I imported the scene it showed “PowerOn” as the correct command, I was using On or Button 1 so I think that was the problem

Thank you

1 Like

If you’re ever looking for the device commands, you can head over to the child device that was created for it click advanced then variables and all the commands will be listed under ‘DeviceCommands’

1 Like

Hi @Nevillebriggs, if i understand correctly you want to send the on command to you pioneer device. What command did you select in reactor to do that? Also have you created a child device for the pioneer or not.
If you want to send via the harmony main device, you must use the IssueDeviceCommand and know the device number or use the exact name in quotes.
If you created a child device you can use that in reactor and use SendCommand.
The Harmony plugin wiki explains these options. Go to the harmony category on this forum to find the link.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

Thank you, yes I had a child device, I should have looked there first for the usable commands :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Thank you
Nobber

1 Like