Reactor Icons

New to Reactor. Trying to create new sensors. A few simple ones seem to be fine, but one I created using geofencing has a warning icon (yellow triangle sign with an Exclamation Point) overlaying the sensor. Can someone tell me what the Triangle with the Exclamation Point means?

I got that issue to with using Vera geofencing. It helped to delete the geofencing activities and re-adding them

It means the reactor is disabled. Possibly due to a lot of LuuP restarts, but likely because of one of the devices you are referencing is no longer avaiable.

You can go into it and see quite easily. It will flag it for you.

FWIW I’d not bother with the inbuilt geofence unless you have no other options, iPhone locator is not perfect, but it’s a damned sight better!

C

I was trying Reactor, because the native Geofencing has NEVER worked properly. I’ll give the iPhone locator a try. Thanks

2 Likes

I have a Home / Away running on Reactor / iPhone Locator. Never fails and very very simple

C

1 Like

It means “trouble”, which can be many things, but is always answered by looking at the Events section of a Logic Summary (Tools tab).

People, I post this again and again like a broken record. You need to start making this your go-to.

Also: Home · toggledbits/Reactor Wiki · GitHub

2 Likes

Sorry. I’m new. I’ve only known about Reactor for one day and was unaware there was a wiki.

1 Like

No worries. I can also recommend using the search, as this question has come up. General advice is don’t assume the worst and start ripping things apart. Go looking for an answer first.

In this case, when you first set up a geofence condition, Reactor has no geofence data collected from Vera. That’s an expensive operation so Reactor only does it when necessary. It was warning you it didn’t have data. As long as your phone(s) is/are set up, that usually resolves itself in a minute or two–it sees the need for the data and starts the initial fetch cycle. Once one cycle completes successfully, the triangle usually goes away on its own.

1 Like