Reactor Notification not working

Good afternoon,
I’m trying to follow Patrick’s guide from last year to set up notifications for doors that might get left open.

When I go to the Notification tab, I don’t see a way to select which condition I want a notification for. Do I have to set up a reactor instance for reach notification?

You add a “Notify” action in the Activities tab of the ReactorSensor.

Okay, thanks. From you description last year, it read that I didn’t need to do anything on actions, and that I went to the notification tab on the Status screen. Either I read it wrong, or it changed in the past year.

Okay, I still may not be understanding it. I just tried testing, and it’s creating alerts as soon as I open the door, not after 5 minutes of it being open.

OK. Here’s the basic idea. This makes use of the new hierarchical group structure in 3.0, and group activities, to simplify the logic (well, I think it’s simpler)…

Conditions:

• Root group: use AND operator, name it “Door Monitor” (or whatever/similar)
  • (Sub)Group 1: AND operator, name it “Door Open”
    • Device State: door sensor, Tripped, IS TRUE
  • (Sub)Group 2: AND operator + NOT, name it “Notification Interval”
    • Interval: 300 seconds (leave base time fields empty)

Activities:

• None

That’s right, no activities. But… on the notifications tab, set up a notification for when the sensor is tripped (whether armed or disarmed).

In your write up, you say to create the first one as an AND condition, with the Triggered is true. You then said make another with both NOT and AND selected to for the time interval (5 minutes).

I set the notification for the Mud Room Door Monitor when True to send the Vera native alert.

Right now, as I initially mentioned, it’s creating an alert as soon as the door opens.

Am I doing something wrong?