Reactor - programming logic disappeared

Hey @rigpapa
I created a new Reactor device a few days ago, to play around with using motion sensors to turn on lights.

I was making more changes last night, things were working great. But I logged in a few mins ago, and this Reactor device has been wiped clean. I checked a couple others, this seems to be the only one affected. All Conditions, Expressions, and Activities are gone.

I saw another topic with a similar problem, and the solution seems to be a 3.4 Hotfix.

Is that what you’d recommend for me as well? From what I understand, it would not recover the lost data, but would reduce likelihood of this happening again?

Thanks!

Try applying the hot fix. Your Vera might be out of space, are you running ALTUI? Have you backed up your reactor sensors previously?

I’m not running ALTUI, last time I backed up Reactor was 2/1/2020.

I can try applying hot fix tonight.

Thanks for the advice, I think I need to research checking available space, and making room if need be.

I downloaded System Monitor plugin, it says available memory is 179836 kb

Memory is not the same as disc space.

Best way is to ssh into it and use df -h, and post the results.

C

That is how much available RAM you have available. Good you have a backup at least. If you install the AlTUI plugin you can see how much space you have available. Once installed the plugin navigate to the ‘Misc’ tab, ‘OS Command’ and click ‘Free Space’. This will give you how much free space you have, not saying your Vera is full, but its good to know anyways.

2 Likes

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 8.6M 8.0M 672.0K 92% /
/dev/root 10.0M 10.0M 0 100% /rom
tmpfs 124.8M 3.3M 121.5M 3% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock7 8.6M 8.0M 672.0K 92% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay 8.6M 8.0M 672.0K 92% /
tmpfs 512.0K 0 512.0K 0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 1.4M 48.6M 3% /storage
/dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 1.4M 48.6M 3% /etc/cmh-firmware
/dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 1.4M 48.6M 3% /etc/cmh-backup
/dev/mtdblock9 9.8M 9.8M 0 100% /mios

You’re a bit tight on space I think chap

C

1 Like

Yikes!

I’m searching the forum for a recommended course of action. Just do a Support ticket?

Yes that is pretty tight on space you can either contact support, or search the forums a while back there was a free up space command someone posted cant seem to find it

Thank you, submitting ticket!

1 Like

In the meantime if your comfortable with SSH you can go in and delete any old plugin files you have follow this guide http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,6486.0.html

Just exercise caution when deleting the files and make sure you’re certain that each file your deleting is not still being used

2 Likes

This happened to me also today. One of my sensors have lost all the logic. (3.7)

This has been covered many times. Vera and UI7 lose sync and variables begin to appear blank to the UI and things that run in it (like Reactor’s UI), but they are not empty on the Vera. Usually the following fixes it, unless you’ve taken off and starting changing things in that damaged state, in which case, you may have borked yourself (so don’t do that):

1. Reboot (not reload, REBOOT) your Vera.
  2. Hard-refresh your browser: How to do Hard Refresh in Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Mac’s Browser?
1 Like