Reactor variable not being set in Actions

Hi All,

I am running into an issue with Reactor and cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I have been working with reactor and following @rigpapa youtube videos and I cannot say enough great things about this plugin!

Using this YouTube Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69s8JscYYuQ Reactor for Vera #005, I am trying to set the state of a variable from the Actions tab in Reactor. The issue I am running into is that I am attempting to set the current state and pass this to the last state variable. However, each time I test this with the run icon, I come back with a null value when the variable should be set to 55. I am sure this is a noob mistake, but any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

The “Try” button isn’t working in 3.4… both a limitation introduced during the evolution and a bug that I will fix. You are the second person this week to run into this, so I will try to get a “hotfix” in for 3.4 so you can patch and get this working.

Everything you are doing looks correct from the screen shots, though. So try it “for real” and see how it goes.

Thanks @rigpapa, I think what I was missing was the two arrows needing to be “green”. That was not clear to me and a noob mistake.

I hope this helps someone else out and THANK YOU for such an amazing plugin!

That’s one way to force it to work, but it’s still a bug: it should work whether the variable is exported or not.

I now have a Hotfix in place for this, if you care to patch your system. Hotfix instructions are here: Reactor 3.4 Hotfixes - Reactor - Ezlo Community

You only need to grab and update the J_ReactorSensor_UI7.js file, unless the other hotfixes mentioned for L_Reactor.lua apply to you as well (then do both).

1 Like