Recommendations For Plug In Dimmers

Hello, I have tried the everspring and the TKB plug in dimmers but neither seem that reliable after a couple of years, is there any others worth considering?
thanks

What kind of light bulbs were you using with your dimmer plugs?

Also EU or US?

EU halogens

Z-Wave dimmer plugs seem to be a dying breed.

Popp did the only ones that worked with LED bulbs POP_123603 but they stopped making them. Might be able to find some used ones.

I’ve had ACT HomePro dimmer plugs for 10 years with incandescent and halogen bulbs, still work fine today. Again can’t buy them anymore.

I started using Philips Hue bulbs in my side lamps and the AltHue plugin for Vera.

ok might try those, can you switch them on and off manually without Vera?

Yes both have buttons on the plugs.

Great thanks

Should have asked do I need the Philips bridge as well or just the AltHue plugin

Yes you need a Hue Bridge the Square one.

Aeotec have a current model dimmer plug that does LED bulbs. Probably these are the best bet for plugs.

[broken link removed]

EDIT: Although I can’t see any for sale only the Switch version.

Yeah I cant find one either:-(

The other option would be Z-Wave light bulbs.

ok so I bought a hue hub and 2 innr filament bulbs, they seem to be working ok at the moment, just ordered Philips outdoor motion sensor to see if its any better than the zwave ones

1 Like

Let me know I’ve never used a Philips Hue motion sensor.

Does the AltHue plugin support Hue motion sensors?

I have used the Everspring SP816 outdoor Z-Wave motion sensor. And the Neo CoolCam indoor motion sensors seem to be the best Z-Wave ones.

Apparently the AltHue plugin does support Hue motion sensors as listed on its Github page.

The neo are OK inside but I have two failed eversprings maybe 3 years old, I will let you know how I get on with the philips one

1 Like

Installed the Philips Hue outdoor motion sensor, works ok on the sensor side, I just hope its more reliable than the Eversprings

1 Like