Record video with IP Camera Viewer

I just wanted to know if it is possible to record video with IP Camera Viewer in Auto Vera? I already have Tasker and I wanted to see if I can set up a scene that will start recording video with IP Camera Viewer when any of my door/window sensors are tripped. I have 2 Vista Cam PT’s.

If this is not possible, what other options do I have?

AutoVera itself cannot record video, however you may be able to initiate recording with an AutoVera Status Update to Tasker. I don’t use IP Cam Viewer, I prefer TinyCam myself, but I’ll take a look at IP Cam Viewer and see what I can come up with.

Do you happen to use a rooted device? Perhaps not required, but it would change my approach.

yes, my galaxy s3 is rooted. However the only way that I was able to root my android operating system (Kitkat 4.4.2) was to use an app called Towelroot. I tried to flash it with Odin…however I was unsucessful. But when using Towelroot, and when I check with Root Checker Basic it tells me that I have root access…not sure if this helps. I am still new to using Tasker, however I am still pretty green. Any help would be greatly appreciated.