Release Notes - UI7 - Vera Firmware Update - v.7.0.31 (1.7.4954/1.7.4955/1.7.4956) - February 19th, 2020

We are pleased to announce that we’re releasing today Firmware v.7.0.31 for the following controllers:

• VeraEdge: 1.7.4954
  • VeraPlus: 1.7.4955
  • VeraSecure: 1.7.4956

New Features:

• Added support for the new VistaCam 702 on firmware and Web UI.
    *Please note the final support/integration for the camera will come together with the next release of the Vera mobile apps.
  • Added new variable ‘WakeupCapabilities’, device information for Wake-up Interval Capabilities Report (CC Wake Up V2). [wiki]

Fixes:

• Fixed the ’ Xmas lighting’ issues reported in Vera Plus and Vera Secure.
  • Fixed the issues with the upgrade process reported on Vera Plus caused by bad blocks.
  • Fixes the upgrade issues reproducing on slow networks where some files need to be downloaded during the upgrade process, which on slow networks it takes more than 15 minutes. In order for us to investigate and analyze any further issues with the upgrade process that might be caused by ‘slow networks’ please use this tool MiOS SpeedTest to get data about download/upload speed and share the results in case of issues with the Ezlo team.
  • Fixed the issue with auto-update option being unchecked after plugin update

Based on the current implementation if the connection is lost during the upgrade process will be resumed once the internet connection is reestablished.
Please note that if the controller is in a state where the power led is blinking it means that the download process is still in progress and it should not be disconnected from the network or power cycled.

Known issues:

• Issue with being unable to manually change day/night extra setting on Vistacam 700 from the Web UI

• Issue with an error message being displayed when trying to update Weather Settings without changing Temperature Format.

• Issue reported on units that are bridged, with devices on the slave units that generate alerts on the master unit , every time the engine reloads. The issues was reported for door locks.

• Issue reported with not being able to control Hue devices with the Philips Hue 2 plugin.

• Issues on icons/templates for UV Sensors and Generic Sensors with no space between “Level” and the value for “Level” not being correctly aligned.

• Issue with associations handled from web UI that are still handled securely even when the device has been included insecurely.

• Issue with previous notifications added being still present in user_data after Reset Z-Wave Network was done.

• Issue with the plugin startup messages not being displayed correctly on dashboard cards

• Issue with Job watch callback not receiving job number

• Issue on cameras where error message about snapshots, recording, live view are displayed multiple times

• Issue with Disable “Broadcast SSID” not working from Settings"->“Net & Wi-fi” ->select “Manually configure (advanced)”;

• Issue with lights turning off while live streaming page is open on Firefox, when the option to turn on the light when user view the camera is be enabled.

• Issue on Qubino DIN Pilot Wire where preset modes Frost /Confort / Confort-1 / Confort-2 aren’t properly set on device.

• Issue on Vision Glass Break & Shock Detector VSN-ZS5101US where In step two no content is displayed in Device Wizard.

• Issue with the burglary alert being received without template.

• Issue on GoControl GC-TBZ48 thermostat with not being able to change setpoints in scenes.

• Issue on Aeon LED Bulb (ZW098) when changing color back to white the color is changing to ‘blueish’ white.

• Issue on Yale Door Locks with incorrect message being displayed when trying to add restrictions to pin codes that are not displayed in clear (“****”)

• Issue with the smart switches with category 3 and subcategory 3 ( in Wall Switches) are displayed with wrong icon in cpanel/setting section.

• Issue on the Web UI with not handling times which don’t contain seconds when editing an existing scene.

• Issue with not being able to add Foscam C2 third party camera using the add device wizard

• Issue with Aeon Smart Switch generating ghost child devices after pairing.

• Issue with not being able to remove multi-channel association on Gerber GPS-2000 devices.

• Issue with being unable to set weekly restrictions on Schlage BE469ZP and BE468ZP locks

• Issue with child devices are missing for Philio PST03-1A 4 in 1 Multi-Sensor after pairing.

• Issue on Qubino ZMNHJD1 (Pilot Wire) with no mode is selected when a scene is run with action set as Confort-1/ Confort-2 if mode number set to be suported by Qubino ZMNHJD1 (Pilot Wire) device is 4

• Issue with Qubino Flush On/Off Thermostat 2 not being configured during the secure inclusion process

• Issue with controller removing log files even though the process to upload them to servers has failed.

• Issue with the local access that is still working even if “Secure Vera” is enabled but the user enables both “EnableUPnP” and “UPnPScanning” options.

• Issue with device category name inconsistency for RGB Bulbs between Web UI and mobile platforms.

• Issue on WebUI with wattage not being displayed for any of the devices that report it

5 Likes

Since it is missing, I will volunteer myself to add the known issues:
Critical:
Frequent “Nonce_Get Flood” for secure class devices. Workaround: None
Command Queue “Tardy callbacks” causing command execution delays and potentially deadlock and reload. Workaround: None
Memory leak with “Reload on TimeJump” disabled. Workaround: Reload Luup
Occasional Ghost trips of security sensors (likely RAM data corruption). Workaround: Reload Luup

Annoyance:
“Got CAN” filling logs.
Broken app developer device json tester.
Sensative strip inclusion is broken with failure to assign HomeID to the device.
Broken extroot (not officially supported)

7 Likes

And add to that (confirmed by support) that several previously correct add-a-ble devices now are suddenly not. With the symptoms of adding additional devices, ghost devices or incorrectly detected devices (for me qubino and fibaro).

What is the verdict? Is it a disaster like the previous update for Vera Plus users or much safer?

The update process itself is reasonably safer. That’s how it passed beta, which for the first time in the vera’s history as far as I can tell is releasing the same build which was beta tested… Hallelujah!!

Just a side not if upgrading from 7.29:
7.30 beta and 7.31 upgrades are different because they include a kernel image upgrade which is not reversible from the normal process. What this means is that once you upgrade from the UI, you can never go back to a previous build of firmware (7.29 and below) and have it function exactly the same way. The previous firmware upgrades did not include a kernel so when you downgrade… it will stick with the new kernel. What this means is that the firmware upgrade is more risky as you incur the risk of corrupting the kernel if the upgrade goes bad and that the upgrade takes longer… it writes a little bit more data. This is a small price to pay to enjoy a much improved flash drive partition usage.

2 Likes

I think the must be a typo in the version:

We are pleased to announce that we’re releasing today Firmware v.7.0.3 for the following controllers

Must be 7.0.31? Or 7.32?

1 Like

I think in 7.29 also the zwave firmware is upgraded from 4.5 to 6.0.

Took me a couple of re-reading before I think I understand what you are trying to say.
My post is not about the zwave firmware. It is about the linux kernel running on the OS of the vera.
I think you confused the two.
If you want to talk about zwave firmware see my post here:

It can be done completely independently of the vera firmware. The 4.5 and 6 also do not mean much.
These are the actual zwave versions:

Sooooo, a new firmware with a “Known Issues” section that is 10x bigger that the “Fixes” section ?
I hope this new firmware does more the just the 4 fixes mentioned ? It has been many,many months in development ?

6 Likes

Just tried to disable wifi after upgrading and the unit crashed with an error and rebooted.
It feels like this platform is being held together with duct tape and chewing gum and the focus is shifting away from the Vera to the Ezlo product. I know people work hard and you can’t catch every issue but the list of known issues in this release far out weighs the fixes. I guess I should just be happy that the unit actually upgraded without error.

I updated my test Vera Plus. This went fast. First thing I notice now: Watt readings on wall plugs (both Fibaro and Greenwave) are not visible anymore in the UI. In Variables-Watts I can see the actual readings.
Can someone confirm this new bug ?

Yes all my power reading have disappeared

Great ! again an example of 2 steps foreward and 1 step back (if no disasters like christmas lights pop up again).

To be fair, the fixed list is a gap to 7.31 beta 1. It is very incomplete. Given the pull of 7.30 you should add the 7.31 beta 1 list and the 7.30 list. If coming from 7.29, the list of fixes is actually quite massive and this is one of the most significant releases.

@Mai_Pensato. Interesting that this Wattage problem was not on beta 1.

@Tim88. This is odd too since it is something I tested. I have my test vera with wifi disabled next to me at the moment. Might be worth a ticket to CS…

1 Like

The initial upgrade displayed something to the effect that the luup engine was taking to long and showed a button to manually reload. Instead of doing a manual reload I did a browser refresh and it took me back to the login page and when I logged back in it showed the controller to be offline, eventually the controller came back on line.
Prior to 7.30 I had wifi disabled but enabled wifi after the 7.30 update debacle as this was prescribed to be a workaround for the Christmas tree issue. So knowing that 7.31 fixed this issue I wanted to disable it once again and upon disabling it that’s when the controller errored and rebooted.

Ok so in what state are you in after the reboot?
If you wifi is still on try to go into the apps/test lua screen and execute this:
os.execute("/sbin/wifi down")
This should turn off your wifi.

Just to be clear, I am updating from 7.0.29, do I need to have wifi on for this update?

It’s rebooted and fully back up and wifi is off. So I should be good. Thanks. :grinning:

Should be able to update with wifi off. Gosh… I am quasi tech support here.

2 Likes

@rafale77, after updating to the new firmware will we need to re-apply your suggested Zwave settings or have some/all been set as defaults?
Thanks for all the info.