Release Notes - UI7 - Vera Firmware Update - v.7.0.31 (1.7.4954/1.7.4955/1.7.4956) - February 19th, 2020

Omg so recognisable. I can list names… I had 2 support calls recently, bringing me some further but almost not… I do have major issues and all support take 1 5 hour by call and now it is sent to tier 3… but support is only mitm… let’s hope for quick follow up…

GE Outdoor Metal Box Smart Switch - Vera Plus, latest firmware, no longer displays wattage on the dashboard or devices page. The value is still reported in variables but not show on those pages.

This was already reported my other users (like me) and Vera will publish a hot fix for this very soon

2 Likes

My Honeywell TCC app has ceased to authenticate after this FW update. Verified it’s not on the TCC end by logging in via their web portal. Re-entered creds into app, same result.

Sat, Feb 22, 10:52:32 AM

Status

Unsuccessful. Error code: 4

Disregard - this is resolved here: PLUGIN: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostats - #780 by rigpapa - Unmaintained - Ezlo Community

@loana,
Another old complain, the icons of the binary lights which were inexplicably changed for 7.0.29 are still bad. I am having to modify it every time. Switches are showing up as bulbs and lights are showing up as switches. The subcategories 0 and 1 need to be swapped in the state icon section of D_BinaryLight1.json. How many times do we need to report this?

Also the proxy.sh is still non RFC compliant. It is missing I have reported at least 3x and provided the fix. A single line modification in that file fixes it. It prevents some of the vera services from working if the vera is behind a proxy.
https://community.getvera.com/t/vera-7-29-core-firmware-beta-release/207715/65
https://community.getvera.com/t/vera-7-29-core-firmware-beta-release/207715/209?u=rafale77

All minor but they take what? 30s total to fix…

2 Likes

Icons for switches messed up is one of the most frustrating things. 7.29 broke water valve icons on the web Ui, but they’re still ok on iOS. I reported it at least three time as well.

1 Like

@RitterIwan could you please give more information on how to change the Hue lua file? I plan to migrate to the Althue plugin but my production Vera is still on the Hue 2 plugin, no time now to change all the scenes etc. Or maybe someone else can help?

I’ve installed the Althue plugin and it works. I can even see all my sensors now.
But I’m missing the effects on the colorbulbs.
Also it feels like the response is nt as good as before.
If your system is working with the Hue2 plugin I would advice to wait untill there is a fix.

I have 40 lamps up and have to redo all my scenes etc. not fun at all…

If you find out how to change the Lua file please let me know. I’m no programmer but would love to try and modify it.

1 Like

I would also like to know where to find the Hue2 plug-in Lua file. I’ve never done anything in Lua yet but am willing to try if it can help me fix things.

your device file are in /etc/cmh-ludl
ssh into your box or goto apps - develop apps - luup file and download the file.

I have also successfully upgraded firmware, which is decent since the house and controller in it is 120 miles away.

However I am still getting extraneous tampering notifications from a zwave door sensor and a zwave motion sensor that I have been getting for years - ever since installing the sensors. And NOT I did NOT buy them off the Vera store.

I tire of this constant harping on openness yet continual failure of the company to adequately test with commonly available and inexpensive sensors on the market. How long until the firmware updates start dealing with bugs in the sensor detection and setup?

Get some black corrugated plastic wire sleeves they sell them in any auto parts store. They are slit on one side so you can push the wires in them. Our TV area went from “10 wires” visible to “2 wires” visible which made my wife happy. To her, a bundle of wires inside of a plastic sleeve is “a wire”

2 Likes

Just sharing my light-hearted spin on what upgrading Vera feels like from the user’s side of things…

13 Likes

Well after reading some more of the notes here I tried a “configure the device now” command in advanced on my door and motion sensor and surprise surprise - the motion sensor configured. The door sensor also configured - but as a generic - I then modified the parent device for it as a motion sensor with anti-tamper per the manufacturers instructions and reconfigured it again - and now the extra child devices are gone and the parent devices for these sensors are setup and I can arm and disarm them. I still don’t know if they will -work- and if the tampering notifications are gone but we’ll see.

These are BeSense sensors. Perhaps they were added to the list!

That’s funny! Added to my joke file! BTW you forgot “dig out Support’s 800 number hours of operation” and “Stop at Dollar General and stock up on Jolt Cola”

1 Like

What is the clean files script?

Lots of people who encountered “Out of Space” issues were told by Customer Support over the years to remove extraneous files from their Vera units, using the following steps, to be executed one at a time in Apps > Develop Apps > Test Luup code:

os.execute("rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh/ergy*") 
os.execute("rm /etc/cmh/ergy_cache*")
os.execute("rm -r /overlay/etc/mios_backup.info.old")
os.execute("rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh-firmware/mios*") 
os.execute("rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh/alerts.json")
os.execute("rm -rf /www/dm/")
os.execute("rm -rf /overlay/dataMine/") 
os.execute("rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh-zwfw/z*")
os.execute("rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh-firmware/*")
os.execute("reboot")

I’m certain others will chime in with their favorite additions to this “bloatware removal” list. (Running the above on my Vera Plus got my ‘rootfs’ folder down from 93% usage to a saner 73%!)

UPDATE – IT GETS EVEN BETTER!

Following today’s upgrade of my Vera Plus unit to the new 7.0.31 firmware, its ‘rootfs’ usage again dropped dramatically, to 16%!

root@MiOS_50001183:~# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                   10.6M      1.7M      8.9M  16% /
2 Likes

I spoke too soon. It seems my binary sensors (both wired and wireless) are missing updates, resulting in false alarms for doors/windows/gates/alarm left open (or closed) when not. Anyone else with these kind of problems?

Occasional motion sensor updates for me. When I’ve been able to get to my Vera fast enough after I notice it to see the logs, it appears @rafale77 's much discussed (and deservedly derided) post-CAN deafness may be related. This isn’t new, though; it’s been this way for years.